The online racing simulator
Quote from DevilDare :Can't believe anyone did....

Yeah, I was able to get up quickly.

Did anyone notice flashing images?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Yeah, I was able to get up quickly.

Did anyone notice flashing images?

i did i saw a cartoon of a guy stuck to a chair after the film went off
I felt my arms get heavier but still managed to get up. I would have liked to have been in the studio as there was to many distractions around the house. What he said is like a self relaxation technique I used to use to calm down after a training session or a game just to get myself out of an aggressive state.

TBH I think everyone is missing the point of the show.
#54 - Migz
I've not watched it yet as im on Channel 4 + 1 but apparently my friend watched it and her legs got really heavy and she couldnt get up. And also apparently she started crying as well.
Yeah the flashing images were kind of weird....

The "movie" if you can call it that, was in itself very stupid....

Basically, if anyone will claim that they got stuck, its not because of the movie, and you didnt get stuck...

Before the movie if you kept telling to yourself "this will work" or "I will get stuck", when the movie ended your mind basically was telling not to get up, because you believed so hard it works.....

If you were just sitting relaxed there I very doubt it did....

The crying part; well my eyes started watering, but not because I wanted to cry, but because I stared at the TV screen. And I guess you know what happens when you look into one point for a long time without blinking. Yes, you start crying.
...I wanted it to work and it didnt, I just started laughing uncontrolably when the lines started spinning
It didnt work for me, but my sofa is at the opposite side of the room, maybe 8 feet away, plus i was talking to the missus during the instruction part, but i still got the gist of how to sit and stuff.

I did make sure that i did not look away from the TV or speak at all during the short film which is basically a sheet of A4 lined paper shot out of focus which is being rotated clockwise, hardly a blockbuster lool .

There was obviously ambient sounds around the place tho, missus on the PC tapping keys, cat running about the flat, etc... so some distractions.

I have just put a dining room chair about 3 feet away from the screen and im gonna try again on the +1.
The video was misdirection. The 'real' (cough) part was the bit before I'd imagine. However it wasn't hypnotism coz that would be illegal

I guess if you tell enough people to sit on their arse some might just stay there!
Tried again on +1. Was sitting right infront of the TV this time. Can't get any closer really. And nothing..... Well, apart from eyes watering as hell. But I just stood up and walked away.....
Quote from DevilDare :Tried again on +1. Was sitting right infront of the TV this time. Can't get any closer really. And nothing..... Well, apart from eyes watering as hell. But I just stood up and walked away.....

And another one is controlled by Derren Brown, this boy is good.
Huh?

He did not control me....

Eyes water when you stare at a single point without blinking. Do it yourself.....
Quote from DevilDare :Huh?

He did not control me....

Eyes water when you stare at a single point without blinking. Do it yourself.....

You sure now...
  • Even after knowing that it did not work the first time around
  • Knowing other people tried and got the same results as yourself
  • Even after saying...and I quote "Retarted. Did not get stuck. Can't believe anyone did...."
  • Even going in with a potential negative frame of mind to it
You tried again.
Whats wrong with trying again?

My friend said he felt heavy. So I gave it another go as at firt try I was sitting on my bed without any backrest. So I thought I did something wrong. But after trying again, and getting the same bullshit results, I am now completely sure it was acted....

How does that make me controlled by him?
I watched it with my girlfreind.
What a waste of an hour that was! She claimed to feel heavy, and couldn't move her legs, but i have a hunch that she was lying.

As for me, it did feck all. I tried to get up, and got up no problem...i even managed to walk to the fridge....and grab a beer.
I kinda feel like a dork now for sitting there like a constipated 70 year old, not moving an inch.
Still didnt do much to me, although i deffo felt something the 2nd time around, my legs felt heavy compared to normally and it took more effort to stand, but i still got up, as nathan did, and got a beer from the fridge with no probs lol
maybe his whole 'control the nation' thing boiled down to him being able to get millions of gullible people to sit watching their TVs in a rather silly position, he achieved that at least.
Quote from DevilDare :Whats wrong with trying again?

My friend said he felt heavy. So I gave it another go as at firt try I was sitting on my bed without any backrest. So I thought I did something wrong. But after trying again, and getting the same bullshit results, I am now completely sure it was acted....

How does that make me controlled by him?

Not quite getting it are you.

Ok, so he as managed to get believers and sceptics to tune into both of his shows and has the majority of people talking about it. It's a topic in the papers, on forums, around the drinks coolers at work and in the playground.

There are people buying into it, and others who refuse to accept anything he says.....but they will all tune in next week to see his show next week to see what happens. Derren Brown – Controlling The Nation.
#68 - 5haz
Imm'a going to let him finish, but David Copperfield was better.
Ofcourse I am going to tune in. So to see him fail once more...
Just watched it. Didn't get stuck/feel heavy or anything of the sort. Either Im not 'responsive' enough or its all utter crap.

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt?... Um...

Edit #1: Gonna watch the +1 :P

Edit #2: Nothing yet again

Edit #3: The last trick with the guy choosing the chair etc., did you notice he had sound equipment on him? I'm all for believing Derren did what he did to the guy with the strange sounds thingy, but the ticket stub # match to the number under the seat?

(I saw the cartoonish sitting down image flash 3 times when Derren was talking, once before the break and then before and after the video)
Quote from Silverracer :
Edit #3: The last trick with the guy choosing the chair etc., did you notice he had sound equipment on him?

surely the guy chosen would have been fitted up with a mic so people can hear him
I don't get it, It worked for me

Felt really weird, and I couldn't get up for about 40 seconds, but it wore off before he told you how to get out of it etc.
Those that weren't affected ( I wasn't) will think it's a failure and a scam. But I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting EVERYONE to be stuck. Just because YOU didn't doesn't mean other people aren't influenced.

My advice would be to see him live. I did, and he was very impressive. By it's very nature, this won't be his most impressive show/series.
#74 - 5haz
He was defeated by the collective cynicism power of the nation, nobody 'wants to believe', and so the cynicsm overpowers the magic. :insane:
Well this worked for me, i sat close to the tv and i felt really heavy, couldn't stand up for like 30 secs. Really werid feeling but i wish i was in that studio. would of been much better like

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG