The online racing simulator
Quote from lukelfs :Lol why?
I hope they release a patch that fixes the bugs lol, then the game should be more fun lol, I guess its playable as it is for most people, but if ur FPS goes less that 30/60fps then the game feels like crap lol, and the handling of the faster cars is uncontrolable lol

Sorry mate, but I had a laugh reading this.
You can use "." if you want to end a sentence instead of lol.... lol
Utter pile of complete fail.

I get about 5 FPS, and then it just crashes when the lights go green. I probably could set my G25 up properly, but I really can't be bothered in this... thing.

And then after quitting a race, the game goes into and endless loop of NFS Sh!t plugging video, which I cannot quit despite smashing every input means on my computer (keyboard, mouse, wheel). So the only way to do anything after that is to just close it.

It might be a good game on the PS3, but it is just a pile of fail on the PC. Unless you own a supercomputer.

A game that considers powersliding round corners, bashing people off as a possible, reasonable method passing is not a game that should ever be considered a racing sim. It's just totally against the rules of racing, in any series at any level.

DIE NFS CRAP.
Quote from JO53PHS :It might be a good game on the PS3, but it is just a pile of fail on the PC. Unless you own a supercomputer.

A game that considers powersliding round corners, bashing people off as a possible, reasonable method passing is not a game that should ever be considered a racing sim. It's just totally against the rules of racing, in any series at any level.

It's a choise that game gives you, you also get rewards for driving smooth and clean.

As for performance, runs just fine on C2D E6750, 4GB ram, HD4850 and Win7 which hardly counts as supercomputer.
FAIL. Just installed it, and got the message NFS SHIT is not responding, as the track loads in and the lights go green.

Epic... But hey, it's NFS, crap as expected.
Everyone is getting the same problem.
yep. amd phenom ii x3 3.3GHz, 4850 512MB, 1280x960, 16xAF, 4xAA, all settings max and i get very smooth fps without any input lag. i've turned off triple buffering.
Quote from brandons48 :Viynls seem really low res

Looks like low details all around, textures get really blurry on lowest settings.
Man you kids crack me up sometimes.

I messed around with it for a few hours last night and had 0 (zero) issues with any "input lag", crashing, failing to start or anything of such nature. It just ran.

As for the physics, if you expected it to be on par with LFS or iRacing you're stupid, but the game has pretty predictable behaviour if you're used to sim racing - if you can't figure that out you're probably just jumping on the bashing bandwagon and/or throwing a tantrum.

It really doesn't run poorly at maxed settings either, I don't know how many FPS I am getting but it's liquid smooth.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Man you kids crack me up sometimes.

I messed around with it for a few hours last night and had 0 (zero) issues with any "input lag", crashing, failing to start or anything of such nature. It just ran.

As for the physics, if you expected it to be on par with LFS or iRacing you're stupid, but the game has pretty predictable behaviour if you're used to sim racing - if you can't figure that out you're probably just jumping on the bashing bandwagon and/or throwing a tantrum.

It really doesn't run poorly at maxed settings either, I don't know how many FPS I am getting but it's liquid smooth.

I have the same here with pc version.
Runs more smooth than most modern games i have tried althow dring with wheel is stil shit
I have to say it's quite hard to be aggressive, you get so many points for driving clean and fast. In one two lap race I got 1500 points just for going fast around corners.
Quote from JO53PHS :A game that considers powersliding round corners, bashing people off as a possible, reasonable method passing is not a game that should ever be considered a racing sim. It's just totally against the rules of racing, in any series at any level.

DIE NFS CRAP.

After advancing in the career and racing some races, I noticed I couldn't get maximum star levels on the races, and I didn't know why, since I raced so cleanly and so on. Then I get to the details of each star of the event...
- Get 600 points
- Get 900 points
- Reach 185KM/h
- Spin 4 opponent cars
- Take off 2 opponent cars without getting out of the track yourself

By the way, I don't have a super computer but my PC is running this game at maximum settings (everything), 1680x1050 AA4x, 65FPS alone in the track, 55FPS on the back of the grid.

Can I mention again I don't have any bugs, crashes, weird graphical problems or anything like that? Just so people notice it's not everyone who is having problems with this game, not that I'm defending shift or something like that.
well
i noticed something.

i've done... about 30ish races
each race lasts maximum 2 minutes (many take just below one, some take just 20 seconds)
loading/exiting from each race takes about 50 seconds (skipping animations)

so i've played 3 hours for this game, 1 of them was only loading

BALETED
Some more pics... It's good for screenshots, at this moment I'm still looking for a good config for the g25.

Click to enlarged pics...

Those look nice!
For those that don't know, the PC demo is out, so try it before you make any conclusions. Some love it, some hate it. Just remember it's not really a sim (though much more so than previous NFS games).

I bought it (for PC) and I seem to be one of the lucky few with out crashing problems. It runs a little slower than expected sometimes, but certainly not unplayable, and that should improve with ATI driver updates and/or a patch.

It took a while to get my G25 set up, messing with in game settings and profiler. I have the profiler settings at default except steering degrees (540, probably should lower it), and centering spring on 70% It feels ok now, but there is a big on-center force feedback deadzone. I turned on the centering spring to help that a bit so it doesn't just feel like free-play.
I wonder if they assume the default settings for the g25? They obviously did no testing at 900*.

Over all I enjoy it. I didn't have any delusions about it being a real sim. The physics are about what I expected. The biggest issue I have is with the force feedback. LFS has spoiled us with it's amazing feedback so everything else feels numb and inaccurate. Plus, that deadzone is annoying.

Note to PC users/tweakers: the control files are just easily editable xml docs, with a lot of parameters not listed in-game. I didn't want to mess with it, but I'm sure someone here would be able to mess with it.
the demo and the full game havent crashed on me once. i noticed some strange stuttering once in a while while driving and watching replays, though. I've been using 600 degrees w/ the Fanatec 911 turbo. Anyone found a way to make the shifting quicker? these pics are unedited, except i shrunk them from 1680x1050

this game makes adictive!

btw, the graphics are breathtaking!! just check out these reflectations (graphics not even maxed out)

edit: didnt even know that you can take pics from the starting grid
Attached images
graphics ftw.png
grid.png
I just drove the Cayman at Spa, at it was great! Much smoother fps than some of the other tracks. With it fresh in my mind, I have a couple more thoughts then I'll shut up. I think Shift (in pro mode w/assists off) is a good entry-level "sim" and a good transition from arcade races (like previous NFS) to more simulation type games (GT, LFS). It requires careful throttle control, braking and steering, but not at the level of precision.

I tweaked my control settings since my previous post, here they are now:

Logitech Profiler:

It seems SMS/EA assumed everyone uses the deafult settings here. I bumped up the steering rotation (default is 200:really and added the centering spring. I may try it at default just to see how it feels.

In-Game, (using G25 seperate pedals preset):
Steering Deadzone - 0
Accelerator Deadzone - 0
Brake Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 50
Acceleration Sensitivity - 50
Braking Sensitivity - 50
Speed Steering Sensitivity - 0
Wheel Lock - 100
FF Strength - 10

This won't make it feel like LFS obviously, but it's good enough for the pseudo-sim that SHIFT is. Anyway, i'm having a lot of fun with it. I hope they release a patch soon for you guys having problems. I don't know why I don't. Try the demo. I heard it actually runs better with no crashing.

One more thing. How are you guys taking screen shots? Just the print-screen key? When I try to take a snapshot, it tries to connect to EA nation.
Tomorrow I will try your setup, hope it works well with me.

When you make a lap, wait until the results are displayed and press backspace and then the replay will start. Select the third person camera and with the keypad moves the camera and I at least use the print screen because xfire doesn't let me take pictures or videos..
thanks, hope it works for you. Feel is pretty subjective, so who knows?
Quote from DiSCiPuLo :keypad moves the camera

I did not know that. cool.
I just realised what this game feels like to drive, it feels like driving a car with a crazy person grabbing the wheel and trying to make you crash. You can't drive in a straight line without swerving all over the place on imaginary bumps. Not to menton when you do have a slight knock with an opponent you get sucked into a crash vortex. It's nearly impossible to spin out the AI without having a massive accident in the process, but all it takes is a tiny tap from the AI and you're sent flying backwards through a crowd of children and puppies.
in another forum, i said it's like the cars are bipolar, depressed, and havent taken their meds.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG