The online racing simulator
if you want to change control settings (deadzones, etc) you have to end the race and restart it. and you will need to change them.

if you want to change resolution, you have to restart the game. going through the same videos, the same loading times.

and it doesn't run fullscreen at different resolution.

the hell?

it's a joke.
now it crashed.

tried reinstalling physiX, no luck.

new video driver, no luck.
Try uninstalling shift. It solved all my problems
if youw want to use a lower resolution with full screen, you actually have to lower it in windows first.....

WTF is this shit.
just run through resolutions and choose one that has yes in "Allow full screen" then change windowed to NO and then restart game
Quote from iFastLT :just run through resolutions and choose one that has yes in "Allow full screen" then change windowed to NO and then restart game

it's only available in your native resolution.

#$#@argh had it working for a while turned off Vsync and it crashed again.
Just finished 1st the first race with the M3. Next thing to do: uninstall the game :bananadea

Fortunatelly I did not pay for this shit
Quote from LFSn00b :GREAT GAME!

The awesome first look gave a stunning vision of how this game can replicate a black screen. However, after i rebooted, the black screen went off. -10 points

Now when i configured all my stuff, I noticed that changing cameras gives a realistic feel when the game crashes. However, it stayed. +20 points

When i started racing, i noticed turning left and right will crash the game. It is just absolutely stunning to feel a game crash this fast. +30 points

Then after 5 seconds and switching to 2nd gear, the game showed its best simulation of a crash. +50 points

So i give this game 90/100, just like IGN did.

Very good simulation of a game crashing, nearly as realistic as in real life.

This game is also way too good for my HDD, so im removing it.

Awesome Review! you should do it as a job
Quote from (-Mark-) :Awesome Review! you should do it as a job

+1

downloading the demo atm lets see if i´ll get the same problems as you guys

thought about buying it but reading all these posts here, im not sure anymore lol
Haha, My FPS sucks when running at 1920x1200 0xAA or 4xAA, all on medium except car detail/texures at High... I get like 20 fps, So i tried it at the lowest settings possible, where I got a constant 60+fps.. but I dont want to run it like that , I hope EA release an update, or Nvidia release new drivers that gives an increase in performance... I also have a nasty frameskip, but it didnt happen when I used the lowest settings

Edit- I ran the game in 1280x720, but as the game needs the same res as the desktop it crashed lol, i was getting 100fps with that :S
Attached images
NFS FPS.png
Quote from george_tsiros :WELCOME !

as for shift, the steering works more like suggestions rather than proper steering: steer a little to turn a little. steer a bit more to steer a lot more.

maybe i need to tweak it a bit...

but the loading times are reminiscent of huge RPG game loading times!

from clicking on the game... to actually playing, if i ignore the time it takes to press the button... ok let me measure it...

LFS takes less than 10 seconds for aston GP, with track load-on-start off, maximum settings.

STALKER clear sky with all settings and textures AND precache, takes... 50 seconds. ( note: i am running LFS in the background, i haven't closed it).

nfs shift takes... 1'30" which is about twice as long as Clear Sky needed. (and with LFS not running in the background).

this is a serious matter for me... if making a lap around a track takes so much time as loading the game...

this is why i bought LFS and will not be buying NFS.

i don't care if it has purty graphics. it's nothing extraordinary. crysis has better graphics, i don't recall it taking that much.

That's EXACTLY my experience. Moreover, when I plug my G25 in, the game goes into "accelerate arrow key jammed" and you can't even cycle through the menus. Needless to say the wheel doesn't work.

I did get to tier 2 to check the E36, in the process I came across the S2000 which has over 300Nm of torque? Wtf? Most powerful N/A engine ever? I'm pretty sure even F1 cars don't have that much torque. Don't remember my S2K redlining in 2nd gear at 120kph either or having literally no power below the VTEC engagement. E36 M3 seems to be a bit wrong too, redline is in the wrong place, torque is 330Nm not 300, Z4M and E46 M3 have the same engine but for some reason the power outputs of the two are different in the game?

You'd expect the EA guys to at least get that right. Needless to say the interiors are beautiful as is the graphics. Combine this with LFS and I could play all day long - providing the cars behaved in the same way they do in reality. But to do that, they'd probably have to spend 20 years developing the game.
I like the game so far, I've got myself a nice VW Scirocco (as if I could get any other car) and won my first race. This probably won't suprise anyone but it turns out I'm an aggressive driver, the way I see it is I have doors and they need to be banged every now and then otherwise they would serve no purpose. The handling is a bit wierd, you have to turn off all the assists to get a decent feel to it, I couldn't drive with the assists on. I'm still not sure on the objective of the game, something to do with the NFS World Tour or something like that, they really should let you know about it between every single menu screen and event.
Mmm, I really like the game, and I want to play it more, but the constant crashing when using certain graphic settings is really anoying me... The game runs fine on all Medium and High car textures but when I drop some of the settings to Low the game just crashes
Heh, the game actually isn't bad for shits & giggles. Once I got the controls set up properly, it's a decent game and looks incredible. With all assists off, the handling model isn't arcade but it's not really sim, although it's closer to the sim end of things for sure. They should've decided which direction to go, because the way it is it may just end up pissing off everyone since it's not really strong in either direction...

It really would be tons of fun if it had a developed driving model.
Game is ****ing garbage.
Lol why?

I hope they release a patch that fixes the bugs lol, then the game should be more fun lol, I guess its playable as it is for most people, but if ur FPS goes less that 30/60fps then the game feels like crap lol, and the handling of the faster cars is uncontrolable lol
Sometimes I keep bags of garbage more than a day in house. Shift lasted for 1 night. So its even worst than garbage
Quote from inur :That's EXACTLY my experience.

thank you and welcome

lots of new people today, i'm so happy what happened?
For me, an arcade racing game means: you can take corners much faster than in real life, your car is faster than in real life, your car is undestructible, you can win a race having no idea about driving, you can race pushing other cars and killing them, you ca jump and control the car while in the air, you can brake 100m before you'd do in real life, or braking is not necessary at all even... that's the meaning for me. BUT, NFS Shift is not arcade, since is not like that. NFS Shifts INVENTS its own physics, it's like driving in another planet, there is nothing logic in the physics, at least in this world. So, is not an arcade, is not a simulator, what is it then? It's a BIG piece of SHIT

Oh yeah, and it crashes a lot, like LFSn00b said

Downloading another game for tonight...
For the guys with steering lag on the PC these are the settings i have been using and i havent had any problems with lag/delay in the steering.

G25@540

Ingame:Wheel Profile 6
Wheel settings in pic

and in game vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIIbJ92ax4E

Hopefully might work for some.
Speed sensitive steering and lower steering lock in profiler are the big things that improve it a lot. Also worth experimenting with FFB settings in profiler, Usual 101/0/0 and 0 centering spring doesn't feel too good with this.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG