The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :
Some great racing on Finnglish tonight, couldn't catch you fast guys but I was being chased or chasing all the way, then the curse of the red and white barrier struck on the last lap, hit that thing and you end up on Mars.

Thanks for coming, enjoyed that. Troy was on fire as usual I was getting up to his pace at the end though. Next time Troy!

We realised our server bandwidth isn't up to more than about 9 drivers unfortunately. Still, 9 clean racers was a lot more fun than half a grid of idiots, so it was all good

Bloody hard work Monaco in that car
can i ask the finnglish server details? Doesnt seem to be coming up on the in-game browser, either that or im looking at the wrong time.

Edit: didnt think to look a page back, cheers.
It's only up during the evening usually Deko.
Quote from The Moose :It's only up during the evening usually Deko.

I don't know what you're talking about! I swear it's open in the morning/afternoon for me.

Please forgive my ignorance. However, is it possible to set up a private multiplayer server on the same pc that you wish to play on? (Eg like LFS)
I tried the other night but when i connected to my own host NKP crashed.
Cheers

Andrew
I've been doing it when I do a LAN race/practice/mess around with my Girlfriend, you just haffto ensure the ports are forwarded correctly (as if you were hosting a public server) and just toss a password on it.
So have we all tried the F1600 at Aosta yet?

OMG it's a blast! With all the swooping medium speed momentum corners, camber changes, and bumpiness the car wants to be sideways everywhere. Everywhere. Off-throttle cornering = death! Keep your foot in it to keep it balanced. Go for some nice drifts through the double apexes.

Someone at RSC posted some vids of real FF's. It feels just like how that looks.

Quote from Mattesa :Someone at RSC posted some vids of real FF's.

Where at?

I'm tempted to try various Aosta variations with the F1600, feels great when you nail a corner real good. Alas, after about 500 km with it I'm still struggling to get 2 laps in a row without spinning on Prato short
Downforce is fantastic
Solid grid of Abarth action at Prato right now. Probably my first real go at an online race in NKP. Very good stuff, although the blue boxes are a bit distracting.

I'm enjoying the Abarth more and more despite not being too appreciative of WWD cars in general.

Y'know NKP feels somewhat reminiscent of iRacing in terms of how the tires feel around the limit as they bite. But in terms of overall dynamics, variability, and oversteerability its a bit more LFS. Best of both worlds.
I was kind of wondering if anyone would be interested doing some racing about now and onwards? The abarth is pretty fun car although I could try the f2000 too.

I'll be on the *check post below* server with the abarth and adelaide. Hope to cya there
Would love to join you but I've got a league race with 1.03 soon Funny how something i loved for so long feels so wrong compared to v1.1
Arghhh bloody Italians T-boned me twice @#$^$^#$%^%$3
I'd guess I'll be racing nk all nite long so no need to hurry . I'll be on the radiatorsprings2 server as the earlier one keeps disconnecting me. F2000/adelaide this time.

EDIT: and the radiatorspring2 server apparently is shutting down :s
so gtr30 server then. abarth, prato short
EDIT2: ...which isn't responding... netkar.hu server then...
Quote from JJ72 :Arghhh bloody Italians T-boned me twice @#$^$^#$%^%$3

They do seem to be in a class of their when when it comes to forgetting where the brake pedal is, being stupidly aggressive and having no spacial awareness whatsoever.

Apart from that i love Italians
Quote from wien :This is not enough for me to know how much stress the engine is under and if I'm getting my shifts right.

No doubt LFS sounds are more informative, in netKar sometimes I have this really wrong feeling like something is missing, but I'm fine with it at least 90% of the time.

Since engine damage seems to be limited to overrevving (and random failures or so I heard) right now the amount of stress is not that useful. As for shifting, sequential is all is worth using and I'm not finding too hard to match revs on downshifts if that's what you mean.

But there's a lot space for improvements, that's for sure

Quote from Mattesa :Off-throttle cornering = death! Keep your foot in it to keep it balanced. Go for some nice drifts through the double apexes.

I'm liking the '1600 a lot but being a right foot braker I find useful to stiffen the dampers one click to reduce lift off oversteer. It also makes the car overall easier to control when I lose it badly.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
I think a lot of random engine failures could be due to people not re-filling with fuel after each session. I have made that mistake before.
Quote from Gills4life :I think a lot of random engine failures could be due to people not re-filling with fuel after each session. I have made that mistake before.

Try making a pitstop in the Abarth... The pitbox doesn't work for fuel so I had to pull into my garage, fill up, reverse out and continue driving.

Was hilarious.

Also, new setup and I pulled a second off of my Donington PB AND it's far easier to drive.
So we were happily racing but then you guys left *sob*.
Quote from Mattesa :So have we all tried the F1600 at Aosta yet?

OMG it's a blast! With all the swooping medium speed momentum corners, camber changes, and bumpiness the car wants to be sideways everywhere. Everywhere. Off-throttle cornering = death! Keep your foot in it to keep it balanced. Go for some nice drifts through the double apexes.

Well, I tried the F3... That's just insane! It's so bumpy, and that makes it so challenging, out of every corner.. Waaaaa. Also, the shadows of the trees make it feel so real, with the stoboscope lightning. :P
Next time I try the f1600 again will be with a wheel *grumble*. On the upside at least I got a pb.. You guise are fast though.
Quote from Darkone55 :Well, I tried the F3... That's just insane! It's so bumpy, and that makes it so challenging, out of every corner.. Waaaaa. Also, the shadows of the trees make it feel so real, with the stoboscope lightning. :P

Well, the default setups aren't great and nobody's really made any F3 setups so far for 1.1 so it's kinda a crap shoot. The F2000 is a lot better to drive as of now as it's more common so there's setups made.

Attached is the setup that I like most for Donington. It's modded from Stu's Prato setup, but it drives really well and it's pretty stable. Extract to "My Documents/NetKar Pro/Setups/Formula2000"
Attached files
Moose F2000 1.1b2 prato v5 - DonMod.zip - 605 B - 175 views

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG