The online racing simulator
New "velcro"
(16 posts, started )
New "velcro"
what happens in a car park cars get stuck together cause inevitably it will happen
I saw this on uncrate the other day. I'd admittedly a little skeptical of how effective the bond will be between the two "velcro" strips, but it certainly is an interesting prospect. I'd like to see where it leads.
Quote from Luke.S :what happens in a car park cars get stuck together cause inevitably it will happen

Wtf are you talking about, you don't put velcro strips on the outside of your car. We don't want a little spiky car driving around catching other cars.
but some dickhead will ofcourse
Even if some "dickhead" does, how would he hook another car, you would have to be stupid and put the "receiving" part of this new velcro on the outside of your car to get stuck...
Quote from SidiousX :Even if some "dickhead" does, how would he hook another car, you would have to be stupid and put the "receiving" part of this new velcro on the outside of your car to get stuck...

there is more than 1 dickhead with a car
#8 - majod
i was thinking about making velcro strap for my watch but this would be cool
#9 - oli17
Then if it's only the dickheads getting stuck, then what are you worried about? That's a good thing
How do you actually attach each side of the 'velcro'? Rivetting on panels, presumably, but how would you fix it to an exhaust?
Quote from Luke.S :there is more than 1 dickhead with a car

Velcro isn't permanent, anyways, so it doesn't matter. That's the nature of the connection it makes. It ain't some fancy super glue - and that's the point. Your argument is moot.

Quote from amp88 :How do you actually attach each side of the 'velcro'? Rivetting on panels, presumably, but how would you fix it to an exhaust?

I just assumed you'd loop it around the exhaust and a part of the chassis or whatever and fasten the velcro to itself. I don't see the advantage it has over a bracket and bolt though - a more permanent solution that is still easy to remove. The velcro, despite the claims, I'm sure would come undone eventually.
They could always use it for tie-ons in racing for tires, hoods, etc...
It's one of the invetions that on paper are amazing but it's actually hard to find any use for them.
You can't think of any uses for really strong velcro?
I can't really see it replacing bolts, welds or any other traditional methods in attaching two pieces together.

New "velcro"
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG