The online racing simulator
Obama Speech In School Spoof :D
(118 posts, started )
What the hell? You want me to give out personal information about them on the internet without even them knowing that....? Dont be stupid... Use your brain...

Worthing Hospital.

I have no idea what was wrong with his back because I do not personally know him, I visited him once when he had ordered me some parts for my PC when I was upgrading it. We started talking about hospitals and he told me the story..... Couple years back now. When he visited them, (the doctors) well I dont know..... And no.... It was not freaking dehydration.....

The women (She is infact my God-Mother) had something with her ovaries. Since I aint a doc I dont know what was exactly wrong. But she had some kind of tumor or something developing, that could of resulted in cancer. The docs here failed to spot that when it was clear as day......
This was last year.....

And yes, as Tristan has said, some people have probably have had some very good service and treatment from the NHS. However, I am stating what has happened to me or to my relatives/people I know.
Clear as day? You mean you could have spotted it?
Quote from tristancliffe :Clear as day? You mean you could have spotted it?

Oh for gods sake.... Ofcourse not smarty pants. But to a doctor, someone who has to qualify and go through numerous steps to become a proper doctor it would have been very easy to sport.
Makes me laugh when the NHS tried arguing and kept saying that there is nothing wrong when she had an X-Ray picture showing exactly the oposite.
Quote :she had some kind of tumor or something developing, that could of resulted in cancer. The docs here failed to spot that when it was clear as day......

Different countries use different tests for cancer. In the NHS we don't use a lot of tests that are in use in some other countries because they detect benign cancers. These tests are particularly common in countries - like America - where there is private healthcare, because they result in more cancer diagnosis which generates more need for treatment, often for cancers that do not need treatment.

In the UK we test for and treat life threatening cancers only.

As with all experiences of the NHS, like Sam's earlier example of waiting times, the experience is purely subjective. When looking at things on a wider scale - and believe me when I say there are enough statistics published about the NHS due to the army of number crunchers employed by our government - the NHS is one of the best in the world, not the best, but 55 places higher than Lithuania on the World Health Organisations ranking table.
The quality of hospitals around the UK is quite varied, some are sub standard whereas others (like Queens hospital in Romford) are completely band new, clean and state of the art, things look like they are slowly getting better to me.
Quote from Becky Rose :Different countries use different tests for cancer. In the NHS we don't use a lot of tests that are in use in some other countries because they detect benign cancers. These tests are particularly common in countries - like America - where there is private healthcare, because they result in more cancer diagnosis which generates more need for treatment, often for cancers that do not need treatment.

In the UK we test for and treat life threatening cancers only.

As with all experiences of the NHS, like Sam's earlier example of waiting times, the experience is purely subjective. When looking at things on a wider scale - and believe me when I say there are enough statistics published about the NHS due to the army of number crunchers employed by our government - the NHS is one of the best in the world, not the best, but 55 places higher than Lithuania on the World Health Organisations ranking table.

Well atleast we can spot developing cancers and not wait until they are fully developed and have already started killing the person..... When its too late to do anything.....
Useless fact: dogs can sniff out skin cancer.
Quote from DevilDare :Well atleast we can spot developing cancers in one particular instance that the NHS (and a specific doctor/team/hospital) didn't, and not wait until they are fully developed and have already started killing the person..... When its too late to do anything.....

Fixed.

An exception doesn't make a rule. I don't think I'd consider going to Lithuania for any form of medical treatment...
Quote from tristancliffe :Fixed.

An exception doesn't make a rule. I don't think I'd consider going to Lithuania for any form of medical treatment...

Ofcourse you wouldn't
Quote from DevilDare :Well atleast we can spot developing cancers, benign or otherwise, in one particular case, when the patient has sufficient wealth from having lived in another country to afford healthcare, and not wait until they are fully developed into a benign or lethal cancer and have already started killing the person should that cancer be lethal..... When its too late to do anything.....

Double fixed.
Christ!..
Quote from Baltic Times :Lithuanian health care worst in EU

VILNIUS - lithuania’s health care system received the worst rating among the European Union’s 25 members, while the commissioner for health and customer protection, Markos Kyprianou, said that he regards Lithuania to be one of the most unsafe countries in the EU.An index of European health services, compiled by Health Consumer Powerhouse, an independent expert organization, was announced in Brussels this week. The report, based on 2003-2004 data, placed Lithuania at the bottom of 26 countries...

http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/15731/
cheap beer though.
NHS Fail 1
NHS Fail 2
NHS Fail 3
NHS Fail 4
NHS Fail 5
NHS Fail 6

A very quick Google search and some random articles picked out.

I am pretty sure there have been a lot more cases like these over the odd 60 years or something the NHS has been around for.

So please, please do not tell me NHS are the best and never fail. That is just plain stupid.

And ofcourse Lithuanian hospitals suck. Just like the whole country does. But like I said, atleast it did something the NHS failed to do....

And Becky.... What are you on about? Any kind of cancer is automatically bad. Let it be lethal or not (In which case it would of been) its still cancer and it can still harm you.....

I am out. Another pointless argument IMO. I stated what has happened to people I know or me personally. Not what is happening all over the country and to everyone else.... No need to get all aggroed by it.....
6 faliures for the NHS, thats almost 1 in 10,000,000 of the NHS's potential patients, until you find 1,000 different faliures I will laugh at you.
Quote from DevilDare :I am pretty sure there have been a lot more cases like these over the odd 60 years or something the NHS has been around for.

So please, please do not tell me NHS are the best and never fail. That is just plain stupid.

Nobody here has claimed that. The only claim being made is that social health is ethically more sound than telling poor people to f'off and die, and that countries with social healthcare systems litter the World Health Organisation rankings for the best standards of care, as those without do not.

Certainly nobody is claiming that in 60 odd years in a country with 60 odd million people in it that the NHS has never once failed. Infact, from this side of the bench the argument has consistently been that individual cases are poor examples.

Quote :And Becky.... What are you on about? Any kind of cancer is automatically bad. Let it be lethal or not (In which case it would of been) its still cancer and it can still harm you.....

I dont know what they teach you in Lithuania but actually no, not all cancers are bad - although none are good there are some that are completely neutral, they just are... A benign cancer is a non threatening form of cancer. Cancer is many diseases, and bengin cancers are those which are harmless, do not cause death, and do not effect quality of life.

Again, a little bit of reading - even off google - would dramatically increase your awareness in this field.

EDIT: Specifically of relevence here, the UK does not test for or treat benign cancers. In America every year thousands upon thousands of neadless operations are carried out on harmless cancers, subjecting patients to a 5% risk of death (standard fatality rate for major surgery). Of course, they can boast a 95% survival rate from some types of cancer as a result, which is very good - but given that almost all of them would have survived the cancer if left untreated masks the reality of the situation - but it does generate more wealth for the doctors - and raise the insurance contributions needed in order to get basic healthcare.
Meh...

And by the way. I live in UK and have been doing so for past 6 years now. So it should say "Dont know what they teach you at Chatsmore"
One could argue that cancers are the basis for evolution...

Obama Speech In School Spoof :D
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG