The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :My copy has arrived, not played it yet but I will do after work. Good old play.com, always sending me stuff early.

wat. For PC?
damn almost forgot! i´ll go to the next store when i have time today
Since the PC version isn't out til December, that'd be really early even for Play
Quote from Dajmin :Since the PC version isn't out til December, that'd be really early even for Play

lolwut

the pc version got it release today (atleast where i live)

the dirt2 homepage says 10. september. this is today or correct me if im wrong
Quote from BastianB :lolwut

the pc version got it release today (atleast where i live)

the dirt2 homepage says 10. september. this is today or correct me if im wrong

I've read September there, and december there, and bla bla there. Dunno mate. I better hope today... But I suppose it is December.
was in the store but nothing to find.. hm.. seems like they got a mistake on their website or something

dunno i´ll check later.

E: lol homepage says 10. september, you guys say Dezember and amazon says 11. September (but for ps3 and xbox).
i´ll just order it on amazon and then i´ll see when it arrives
Quote from BastianB :the pc version got it release today (atleast where i live)

Are you sure about that? I've looked for it in all gaming stores of the city I know of and none of them had the PC version.
Can I have a question ?
Why it is Colin Mcrae rally ?
It should be Ken Block's rally or that gymkhana guy's rally.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from Luke.S :wow you can spam.

you are doing the same

anyway, i might actually consider getting this game.
Quote from mutt107 :you are doing the same

anyway, i might actually consider getting this game.

Buy it for the PC, do it, now.
OMG we finally have the real Collin Mcrae rally back, Big jumps water splash's MUD!!! and tracks that dont look forgiving
But i dont like the look of that screenshot, the damage indicators look terrible
But other than this looks like they've taken a leaf out of Windows books.
Vista(terrible) 7(love)
DiRT(terrible) DiRT2 (love)
Quote from Bose321 :Buy it for the PC, do it, now.

my pc can't even run lfs decently just think how dirt 2 would run :O
it would kill it.
After posting here what i thought about the demo, i eventually went back playing it more. With some more practice i got used to it and ended up finding it quite a fun game to play.

In other words... I got a copy for the PS3 the day it was out (yesterday).

For the PS3 because i can use my G25. However, the first let-down was finding out that it's limited to 180 degrees in DiRT 2. Way to go codemasters... .
It feels good however, fits the arcade style of the driving physics.

I had to get into it a little, but after playing it for a few hours, Dirt2 feels pretty much like one of those old CMR titles i used to love playing on the PS1? and PS2. Physics are exaggerated and feel a bit arcade-ish, but they are rock solid. Tracks are of a good variety, and they all look beautiful!

There's a lot of cars that feel much better than the cars in the demo.
The rally cross cars and the good old rally cars (impreza, mitsubishi evo) actually feel quite nice.

The career is well balanced (race/track/car selection) and feels rewarding. It's fun to progress.

Online is one of the best parts of this game IMO. It is simply fun to blast through some of the stages, seeing other people drive like crazy bastards, and even better, see them doing wild crashes.

Overall not a sim really, but a very good game with believable physics. Lots of fun! I could almost forgive codemasters for Dirt 1 now...
Quote from jibber :
For the PS3 because i can use my G25. However, the first let-down was finding out that it's limited to 180 degrees in DiRT 2. Way to go codemasters... .

Is that actually down to Codemasters? My Fanatec works in 360 degree and 900 degree steering wheel modes. Works brilliantly!
Quote from mutt107 :my pc can't even run lfs decently just think how dirt 2 would run :O
it would kill it.

Reason to buy a new one.
Quote from Bose321 :Reason to buy a new one.

first i would need money, which i don't have.
I'm just glad that when you fly off into the scenery you don't get automatically reset onto the track. Instead you total your car, which makes much more sense and usually means you get to see your car rolling down the side of a mountain.

I'm still frustrated by a few of the races, I have never been a fan of Raid and I'm still not, the courses are frustrating enough without having to deal with 7 fat computer controlled tanks in your way. The Gatecrasher races are a bit annoying too, I want to see why I finished 5th when I was 1.5 seconds clear of the first place time and only missed 4 gates, but it never explains it. I have had a bad day though, so that probably accounts for most of my frustration.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :Really, when I went off and then went to rejoin the stage, it reset me which was more annoying than the first (that at least allowed you to do so if you where quick about it).

Oh well when I leave the track I tend to do it at high speed, sometimes on my roof. I've fallen in love with the Trailblazer events, especially in the Subaru with the Pro package installed. It's just so damn fast, it's actually scary.
not sure is it just me, but imo they shouldve just left the cmr out of the name and maybe make another game alos that is like the older cmr's. this game has really turned onto american rally, instead of wrc and also colin seems to not be so much in this game. mostly everything reminds you of block,travis and mirra. ive only played the demo, full game might be different from it but by playing the demo it seems to be like i said above
In the full game they mention Colin quite a lot, you have to remember Colin is a hero to guys like Travis Pastrana and Ken Block. Ken and Travis are just guys you race against in the game, Colin is the legendary driver that you are trying to emulate, there is even an achievement called "In his footsteps" which you get for winning 25 rally events, and you're told what an honour it is to have his Subaru for your first car. Not to mention the fact you get to drive the car he designed, which is my favourite car in the game, it's so much fun in rallycross spec.

The main bulk of the proper rally events are on more traditional WRC style stages, with big jumps and narrow tree lined roads. Don't mistake Trailblazer events for Rally events, they are totally different. The demo doesn't really show off the best cars or events in the game, infact I would say the cars and events in the demo are the most boring ones I've played so far.
I am lovin' this game! I just had an online Rally-Cross race, I blew my ice-cream truck horn, and the two cars infront spin out, allowing me to win!

I hope SHIFT has a Ice-cream truck horn.
lol
getting the demo atm
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I am lovin' this game! I just had an online Rally-Cross race, I blew my ice-cream truck horn, and the two cars infront spin out, allowing me to win!

I hope SHIFT has a Ice-cream truck horn.

Nice, it's a good strategy especially if you're racing against fat kids that are easily distracted. My problem is I use my horn when I'm angry, a nice icecream truck horn doesn't quite get that message across.

If anyone has it for the 360 and wants some private races later add me and I will see if I can do some races. My gamertag is Mess is Law.
Demo is cool!
I'm off to buy the game

Cya later
Quote from Scrabby :Demo is cool!
I'm off to buy the game

Cya later

Stores in belgium are open on sundays

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG