The online racing simulator
Is that the AFM or the MAP Hi-Comp version AGZE?
Bigger pulley? You might want to replace your IC, the way it is installed from factory is completely bullshit, it will suck hot air from the engine.

As for the AE86, yes it has a solid beam axle.
solid rear axle and a bloody good handling car

anyone see per eklund in the groupa version on tarmac in uk rallying?

used to swap fastest times with tony pond in the (300bhp) group a rover sd1
illepall Some people need these games, they would hurt themselfs trying to wrench on a car!

The AE86 is indeed a solid rear axle, but, its a 5 link setup, 2 upper trailing arms, 2 lower trailing arms, and a panhard rod. Very unlikely that ANY american car would come standard with that kinda suspension in the early 80's.

How many of you have owned a hachi roku? Then how many even know that the 4A engine family came with everything from a stupid carbie single cam (4AC), to a fire breathing heart stopping supercharged twin cam 1600 (4AGZE).

Its a stupid thing to request a car be fabricated for LFS. Use Tweak or another value modifier. Its much easyer than getting flamed for a question that has been asked a million times, "Can this car be added?".

All said and done just be glad you have a 190hp AE86, whoever decided an MR2 SC engine was better than the 4AGE had the right thoughts. But whoever left the stock intercooler on it to be mounted in a Front engine Rear drive car was not thinking at all. Expect around 220hp with a FMIC and some new intake pipe.

The corolla is one of the greatest cars of the century, get a FRP, or Carbon bonnet and FMIC and ditch the Poop Scoop.

Sorry for the long post everyone.

Ben
Yea, for your first post that's a really long and interesting one, I wish I could comprehend it a little more

But now we're just talking about the car... Not about what he asked, but we already had the answer (No), so why don't you all car loving AE86 debaters get to a forum about cars, or out of the improvement suggestions... You guys are talking how to improve the car, I thought this was improving of the game?
I would like to see something like this in LFS!
I think the devs don't get ideas on new cars in LFS from forum.
If it was that way car requests would flood the forum all the way, I think.

And yes, I would like that car too
XR GT...1.8 litre,140 HP, 25XX pounds, RWD...thats about as close as youre going to get to your Corolla.

And please rip that silly hoodscoop off your car; it does nothing except give car nerds like me a good laugh.
Quote from jayhawk :XR GT...1.8 litre,140 HP, 25XX pounds, RWD...thats about as close as youre going to get to your Corolla.

And please rip that silly hoodscoop off your car; it does nothing except give car nerds like me a good laugh.

Hehehe, amigaguy u just got done bad!!

And Jay, you're right... Unless the air intake is connected to it!
Guys pls read
He needs it for his intercooler, it sits on top of the engine.
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Guys pls read
He needs it for his intercooler, it sits on top of the engine.

Allrighty...but since I am assuming you know about the 4AGE engine, you would know that it would have to be about one inch thick to fit. Subaru can get away with a top mounted intercooler because they use an engine design that has horizontally opposed cylinders, thus giving the room.

IT JUST WONT WORK.
Attached images
what the hell.jpg
what the hell 2.jpg
Quote from jayhawk :Allrighty...but since I am assuming you know about the 4AGE engine, you would know that it would have to be about one inch thick to fit. Subaru can get away with a top mounted intercooler because they use an engine design that has horizontally opposed cylinders, thus giving the room.

IT JUST WONT WORK.

It's an 4AGZE engine in that one, but it doesn't matter... bought a new stock AE86 with a 4AGE engine. Has a nice standard hood with no scoop
#38 - ekze
sigh...

This is why people mouth at drifters... anyway we already have a ae86 like car in the game and thats the xr gt if you set it up correctly you can really drifit it like an 86 so a big NO to this illepall

Anyway what lfs really needs is a simular car to say an m5 we really need a 5 door !
The WRX STi also has a top mount intercooler.
#41 - Woz
Quote from Spinjack :The WRX STi also has a top mount intercooler.

So do the BWM Mini Cooper S & Works models
#42 - Tomi
Quote from cs_drag :+1 for adding AE86 in LFS
+1 for adding S14 Silvia in LFS
please add those legendary cars

Legendary cars ? ROFL :uglyhamme

if these ugly - and barely ok performance wise - looking cars from the 80's are considered legendary, I don't know what you call a Jaguar E-Type or Talbot Lago Figoni&Falaschi

this thread is priceless
The AE86 is legendary for many reasons, one being that it's a brilliant sleeper car. It's chassis, though seemingly antiquated in design, has much more handling potential than its 130hp OEM engine. With a strut tower bar, adjustable coilover 2-way adjustable dampers with matching springs and some basic structural stiffening, it could easily handle twice that. Don't ridicule the 5-link rear live axle, it's a proven design that performs remarkably well both on-road and off.

What makes its so stealthy is its low key looks. To your average guy, it looks like a dorky 80's junker. Only to be blown away by a well tuned 4AGE turbo. Like many great japanse performance cars, they are ridiculously conservative in OEM form, but spend a couple of grand and bring out their true potential. Then you'll have a dorky looking car that blows the doors of our Jaguar E-type on anything that resembles a corner. IRL, the original old E-types were dissappointments performance wise anyway. In fact, the claimed 150mph+ top speed was practically unreachable (save a LONG and STRAIGHT downhill run).

As for the S14, it's a relatively modern design and suspension wise it's no slouch. It's remarkably balanced in OEM form (close to 50/50 mass distribution). And it's relatively easy to get 320hp without mortaging your house.

It's not the OEM state that counts. It's the cars POTENTIAL that holds currency with genuine tuners (race and sports performance tuners, not ricers ).
#44 - dev
It would be nice to have a Hachi in the game

2 amigaguy: loose the hood scoop

Quote from Tomi :Legendary cars ? ROFL

if these ugly - and barely ok performance wise - looking cars from the 80's are considered legendary, I don't know what you call a Jaguar E-Type or Talbot Lago Figoni&Falaschi

this thread is priceless

Trash (i'm serious)
#45 - Tomi
Quote from Jamexing :
It's not the OEM state that counts. It's the cars POTENTIAL that holds currency with genuine tuners (race and sports performance tuners, not ricers ).

You can do what tuners do to almost every cars as long as you have money. Look what Lotus did to an old lada.

It doesn't make them legendary nor desirable cars.
Quote from 96 GTS : Also, how is your car turbocharged yet only makes 190 hp? It must be a very small turbo.

Or running low boost.

Seems a shame to put a turbo on one of those wonderfully revvy engines. You'd need to lower the compression and you'd lose that lovely power delivery at high revs.

I'd prefer to put some high lift long duration cams in, flow the head and get the extra power that way.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
A 240hp dorky looking AE86 riding on the bum of your FZ50 on a twisty track. Stress.....
hachi roku's are nice cars, but i much prefer the trueno to the levin but ah well. They have nice NA engines so supercharging or turbocharging them seems a little silly. Could always follow McNamara and put an SR20 DET engine in the 86.

But anyway on topic: - 1 for it being in the game.
whast the point of putting the intercooler ontop of the engine thats probley the worst place to put it then all the heat off the engine is going to make the intercooler warmer and is going to restrict the proformace of the engine the only place a intercooler should be is at the front where it can get the coolest air to produce maxium power
Full stops. Google 'em. They're tiny but useful.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG