The online racing simulator
Quote from wien :Hmm, so who do I have to murder to get Kunos to do a torrent? These rip-off download "services" are achingly slow.

I got it from the megaupload link and it maxed my 10MB connection out. took all of a couple of minutes. Then again i always get top speed from megaupload...

Sorry Fuse, no idea with that one. Report it though the in game bug reporter.

Quote from 5haz :Am loving the improvement, is it just me that thinks the cars seem to have bit more front end grip?

Yup, he's sorted the diff out on all cars and the F1600 has more front tyre grip now. Got rid of that permanent understeer feeling.
I noticed the page for buying on Paypal isn't secure, do you think its safe?
Quote from Fuse5 :http://forum.racesimcentral.co ... =3996231&postcount=45

So which version of .NET do you have? If you're unsure, I'd suggest getting the latest x64 version from an official site.

--

Last time I tried nkp was very early on, just when the track unlock hack for the demo became public. Back then I used a wheel, but now I'm stuck with keyb/mouse and the demo version. Had some laps around Prato short and Crema in the F1600.

- Creating a driver profile - easy and no problems.
- Setting up controls - easy and no problems.
a) the keyboard controller setup works from the initial launch window.
b) I couldn't get it to work from settings > controls. Every time I selected a keyboard profile, nkp just ignored it and appeared to default back to wheel.
c) Shame there's no in-game custom keyboard assignments, the mouse2 shift binds are inverted and I keep shifting the wrong way
- Increasing the steering ratio to 14:1 made steering much better for me.
- 40% braking force and 62-66% bias felt reasonably comfortable.
- The massive coast oversteer (open diff, I know) is hard to control without analog throttle, as expected. I'm really struggling to dial enough of it out, and moreover, once the rear starts sliding it just keeps going and going and going even with maximum opposite lock. Probably a setup issue more than anything, easy does it
- Mouse+keyb is far harder in nkp than LFS.
- Sounds don't really tickle my fancy, but they're OK.
- An instance of nkp froze when I alt-tabbed out while being on the track. Sounds stuck on and black nkp screen when trying to return focus to the window. Had to close from taskman, but not a big deal.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :So which version of .NET do you have? If you're unsure, I'd suggest getting the latest x64 version from an official site.

He's on Win7, comes already with net 3.0 ready and installed, never installed any net 2.0 here too and it works flawless.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :
- An instance of nkp froze when I alt-tabbed out while being on the track. Sounds stuck on and black nkp screen when trying to return focus to the window. Had to close from taskman, but not a big deal.

Untick the full-screen check box in the graphic options, if you race on your monitors native resolution you will still have a full-screen game while being able to tab in and out without problems.
Quote from troy :He's on Win7, comes already with net 3.0 ready and installed, never installed any net 2.0 here too and it works flawless.

Ah right, missed the W7 bit. Dunno then

Quote : Untick the full-screen check box in the graphic options, if you race on your monitors native resolution you will still have a full-screen game while being able to tab in and out without problems.

I see. It's not practical for me, nkp suffers a bit too much on this lappy to run it at 1920x1080. Not a problem, I'll just avoid tabbing from the track. A bigger annoyance however is that I wasn't able to minimize the nkp menu screen (the non-track instance of nkp), thus being unable to see my desktop
Quote from The Moose :I got it from the megaupload link and it maxed my 10MB connection out. took all of a couple of minutes. Then again i always get top speed from megaupload...

It staggered along at ~30KBps on my 13Mb connection. I never get decent speeds from these sites. It's done now though, so time to have a look.
Quote from NightShift :Meh, Beta 2 is not working for me. Crashes every time I press the drive button, regardless of the combo

Sorted out. Just in case someone is having the same problem:

I was overzealous and copied all the dirs listed in the Changelog to the new nKp folder in My Docs. Apparently something was changed in the configuration files as the old ones make nKp crash. Copying just licenses and drivers did the trick.

Tried the 500 at Prato Short and it put a smile on my face. It's definitely not as fast as the UFR but still quick enough and handles in a realistic way. For some reason in nKp I find easier to modulate the throttle and brake than in LFS, so I'm finding it more straightforward to drive.

BTW I noticed the 1/2 keys are no longer adjusting the FFB gain (they move the 'virtual finger' over the AIM controls I think) anyone knows how I am supposed to do that now without having to stop at the box?

I'd ask myself on DrivingItalia but that silly IPS board ain't sending me the validation email.

PS: I had a couple laps on the 1600 as well and it's improved a lot wrt Beta1.
Does anyone have a link to the addon tracks?
Now that's more like it. Did a few laps in the 500 around the new track and had a blast. Physics-wise everything seems to make sense. CoG feels very (too?) low in the car, but I guess that's correct for this specific model. I did have a couple of sudden 180s under braking, but that's probably just brake balance.

No big WTF moments either way. The feel of it all is very good, and I hope the next LFS patch will bring some of the same grittyness. Going back to LFS again now feels very clean and sterile. Certainly not like you're in a noisy and rough race car.

The sound is no longer offensively bad, which is good, though I'd still like synthetic sounds a-la LFS for the amount of information they provide.

All in all, thumbs up so far. I'm almost afraid to go and try it online now seeing how poor the experience was last time.
TY

Got Adelaide, Snetterton, oval beta, Montreal, Spa

Any I'm missing?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :TY

Got Adelaide, Snetterton, oval beta, Montreal, Spa

Any I'm missing?

Falkenberg, Silverstone, Laguna, Lastplace Lake
Fiat 500 is awesome little car, very nice for online racing aswell i think i might be spending a few hours on this now
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
The 500 is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, drives really nicely if you're smooth.
Is the demo car a little bit less destructible now? Sounds are very much improved- the brake/skid sounds seem much more informative, but I'm unable to say how this is different from the last version. Physics also feel more solid. Braking/sliding... the car has a totally natural feel which surpasses every other sim I've tried (including the iRacing 'demo'). I'm no physics nut so I'm only able to go on feel, but it feels good.

Moose, those couple of videos look like a hoot.
@#$#@$Hell anyone have other mirrors for 1.1 other than the one on their page.
EK, NKP feels like that in all the cars. it's very very lovely feel. Additionally they all got newer sounds, so they sound better as well. The Abarth is a riot though, and I'm gonna start training with 3 pedals + H-Shifter while driving it now, as maybe I can do something right... Still slow in it though, can't get much better than a 1:44.7 average
Can't even get it to start here.

Copied across driver and license folders to my documents, firstly I was getting an error where the program couldn't find the Abarth splash.bmp, copied another in to try and get it working.

Now all I get when trying to run it is "failed to CreateDevice", something to do with Dracula or some other shite.

The program is a nightmare, guess I am too used to stuff just working
When does the special offer expire guys? I'm doing a skin pack to raise money for it, and need a deadline :P
Quote from danowat :Can't even get it to start here.

Copied across driver and license folders to my documents, firstly I was getting an error where the program couldn't find the Abarth splash.bmp, copied another in to try and get it working.

Now all I get when trying to run it is "failed to CreateDevice", something to do with Dracula or some other shite.

The program is a nightmare, guess I am too used to stuff just working

I had this error before, and I think it was me updating my GFX drivers that solved it.

PaceSetter: Nobody knows, but it's been getting slightly closer to normal cost... it was 19.90 Euros, now its, 24.90 euros... probably beta 3 will make it closer to 36, then full release of 1.1 will be 36 again... just a estimate though.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG