The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm Canadian, would you expect any better?

No, we all know you only know two letters. E and H.
How do you switch to dry weather tyres in the new version?
Quote from 5haz :How do you switch to dry weather tyres in the new version?

You cant change the FF1600 to slicks in this version. The vast majority of 1600 series run grooved tyres these days so Kunos decided to go with those only.
Quote from The Moose :You cant change the FF1600 to slicks in this version. The vast majority of 1600 series run grooved tyres these days so Kunos decided to go with those only.

Ah good to know its not just me then, ta.
This is starting to drain me...

Over the past few days i've been in plenty of races where some drivers seem to think they can just dive down the inside of even out brake the car infront. In result i've been smashed off a number of times, ofc leaving the car destroyed.

Now with the Fiat 500 coming I can only see this happening more often because its a tintop. I will just pray that they have updated the collision detection more.

But I take it the DrivingItalia.net servers are always messy?? Or is it just me?

Also 5haz, is your driver name J.Shaw? I think I saw you on a server with the F1600.

On another note. Everytime I go into a server I always find my wheel isn't centered correctly. After leaving and setting up the wheel again its ok. Is this happing for anyone else??
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Oh so it really was the Carey from LFS, I did wonder, I always bump into someone from LFS there.

Yeah that was me there.

It looks like I'll have to buy Nkp now, I'm getting addicted. And I'm sick of that evil Misano rip off track they always run online. And the demo servers are carnage, made worse by being forced to run on grooved tyres.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Is there a risk of getting a bank account hacked or something buying that game? When introducing the credit card info?
I just want it so bad...
You end up paying through paypal, so it's risk free.

I think Mexico does not have paypal
Quote from adamlfs :This is starting to drain me...

Over the past few days i've been in plenty of races where some drivers seem to think they can just dive down the inside of even out brake the car infront. In result i've been smashed off a number of times, ofc leaving the car destroyed.

Now with the Fiat 500 coming I can only see this happening more often because its a tintop. I will just pray that they have updated the collision detection more.

But I take it the DrivingItalia.net servers are always messy?? Or is it just me?

On another note. Everytime I go into a server I always find my wheel isn't centered correctly. After leaving and setting up the wheel again its ok. Is this happing for anyone else??

The quality of some of the racing on public servers is certainly pretty poor. One thing i have noticed though is there are a lot of new drivers since the release of the v1.1 beta and a lot of them dont seem to be very experienced sim racers.
It seems worse on the Driving Italia servers compared to a lot of the others... i put this down to the stupidly short races they run. All these inexperienced drivers thinking they have to win the race in the first corner. Very annoying I'm sure.

When v1.1 is final i expect to see a lot more organised races, which are always a far better quality. If we get the kick/ban options soon then hosting good quality races will be a lot easier. GPC will be starting up again soon, so i hope its on a day you can take part. Race2Play will take up v1.1 whn it's final...thats another great place to race. Radiator Springs Racing Host a fair few full mode events that,from what i witnessed on Tuesday, are great events. (Scary one that... it was Moose v Italy Me and one French guy against 13 Italians ) If we can get enough interested drivers I'll try and get Ron to host some regular private events on the Finnglish Racing server. It's so much more fun with a group of driver you know are safe and considerate.

I've never had the wheel centring problem you're describing. Probably worth reporting through the in game bug reporter, stating your wheel type,drivers and OS.

Beta 1.1 stage 2 confirmed for a Saturday release and a new discount offer valid for the period of the beta.

Bad Translation...
"Will be available from next Saturday, September 5th the new version 1.1 beta "Step 2" of netKar PRO Stefano Casillo.This new release is expected particularly because, in addition to various bug fixes and enhancements, brings with it the new track of Aosta, new sound definitely improved and the spectacular 500 Abarth Assetto Corse!

Let me point out that from today and throughout the duration of the beta version of software you can buy netKar PRO with an attractive discount of 30%, only 24.90 Euro."

Also expect (NOT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED)
The end of the 'ghost crash' bug
More netcode improvements
Triple monitor problem is also now fixed
Okay I am going to buy it now
Ok cheers Moose. I think I may steer clear of the drivingitalia servers for awhile If you could get another event hosted with your team that would be sweet.

Damn and blast to the update coming on Saturday, I've been living for the Friday all week lol.

For Carey. Well there is an option in the garage to allow clutch, and ofc to make sure you have it detected by the game. But as far as I know even with the clutch down and in gear while on the grid, you may find the car roll abit. At least i've had it plenty of times.
Quote from JJ72 :Okay I am going to buy it now

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get it now too, especially as Friday is payday
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get it now too, especially as Friday is payday

I may have the wrong person....but are you the guy that's making Cadwell Park 2009 for rFactor?

[spots great opportunity for a Cadwell conversion for nKPro ]

I dream of racing F3's and Abarth's around Cadwell, but the current version for rFactor isn't really worth converting imo.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :I finally found someone to play with (in a non-Michael Jackson sense) around Spa, then a guy behind me thought that 3rd to 1st was a reasonable move into the hairpin, and went too deep braking my front wing in the process. Anyway, has anyone tried Adelaide yet?

You should have joined the Finnglish Racing server Some nice clean racing tonight (as it always is on our server )

Yeah, I've tried Adelaide

Go get it from HERE Enjoy!
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :No one was there when I joined earlier.

Yeah, we were only on for a couple of hors..you must have missed us. Next time eh.

We'll probably try and organise a couple of evenings a week where we run a couple of 15/20 lap races on a passworded server for people who want to race seriously without a bunch of lunatics ruining it for everyone Would be of interest to you?

Tomorrow night we'll be running an rFactor server with the Supra, but Saturday I'm sure will be Abarth night on nKPRo Your welcome to join us if your about.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
I definately getting Nkp on Sat, 'm sick of the demo servers, very lonely races.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from The Moose :

Tomorrow night we'll be running an rFactor server with the Supra, but Saturday I'm sure will be Abarth night on nKPRo Your welcome to join us if your about.

I'll come
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
For me, it's rF, or nkP,

Recommendations?
Beta 2 released!
http://www.netkar-pro.com/%5Cdownload11beta.htm

v1.1 beta 2 changelog

- Fixed driver race number not being set on driver's panel opening
- Fixed licence file not being generated
- Removed "speeding in pits" message during replays
- Added click noise for cockpit buttons
- [TO CHECK] Fixed top bar only showing flags
- Fixed top bar not switchable and appearing in full mode
- Increased the highest driver race number to 500
- Dirty visor is back
- Fixed "use beep" in chat
- Tyre vibrational modes are now damped down going through the steering wheel
- Fixed FF friction applying forces in the wrong direction
- Added "cancel" button to password message box
- Fixed replay not showing custom skin
- Moved application saved files to "My Documents"
- Fixed incorrect rounding of setup values generating different numbers when moving up/down
- Added audio mixing functionality
- Added X360 controller native support
- Fixed a potential divide by zero when pedals are not properly configured
- Added an top level dead zone for the clutch preventi the car from moving slightly with 1st and clutch down
- Fixed limited slip differential adding too much locking torques
- Fixed F1600 front tyres, not enough grip
- New formula to calculate Force Feedback contributions from caster
- Added sort functionality to server list for Name, Car, Track and Ping
- Added Race, Qualify, Practice indicator in server list
- Added color codes to server list
- Fixed video resolution list reporting the same combination more than once
- Fixed incorrect "ghost" collisions in multiplayer
- Improved car bottom/ground collision detection and response
- Fixed BACKSPACE starter button interfering with chat
- Fixed controls configuration potentially crashing the system due to different locale culture settings
- Fixed fuel consuption for the F2000
- Fixed tyre temperature going very cold on grass and sand
- Fixed key control when device lock is > steer lock
- Added antialias settings
- Added remote cars details settings
- Fixed controller panel not updating controller configuration after executing controller wizard
- Online Race panel now checks if a track is available on the client before launching the simulator
- Fixed engine sound source for 5.1 and 7.1 systems
- Added custom tracks cubemap support
Woooo!! I can't wait

Sucks once my dad gets back im also working on my car * Putting a vinyl sticker on to cover some rust :X*
Quote from pacesetter :For me, it's rF, or nkP,

Recommendations?

nKP if you want a challenge with some difficult cars, and quite a few (now) tracks and all are to a decent standard.

rF if you want a bunch of crap mods (and a few good ones) with a bunch of crap tracks (with a few good ones).

Something that actually came up between me and a friend that NKP has over LFS and rF is that aspect of fear... for example... at Adelade1989.. you're scared of the kerbs as one foul move and you're on a 1 way trop into the barrier... this is something that LFS lacks as there's no real places at all that if you **** up... you'll crash. It's something that makes you think about what you're doing and get very uneasy.
Have fun won't you all with Beta 2.

Think about poor me with no PC or wheel

On a serious note let me know how it is, I will be back....one day

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG