The online racing simulator
Alright, this is getting me pissed >_<
I was practicing my LX6 skills at South City Town this evening. I know the LX6 sounds not too nice, but I have to race it, because I'm having a team race this Saturday. Now, my mum starts complaining about that 'stupid bee-ish sound' coming from my 'stupid racing game #336246'. Bollocks ofcourse, but now my mum doesn't want to hear that sound again when she's around. Now I've got to use headphones, and I don't have any. Now I've got to get me some headphones, to stop mum's moaning >_< Should I say, 'Shuttup! This is a live generated sound from a mighty 6-cylinder engine', should I try to race without sound (which is impossible) or should I get me some headphones just for a 1 1/2 hour event?

AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH :gnasher:

rant over.....
If you dont have the possibility to race in another room or somewhere, where your mother cant here it, I would go for the 2nd option.

And they arent lost after that, you can still use them for other things.

And she doesnt like the sound of LX6, but doesnt say a word, when she hears the other cars? Its not that much worse than the others imo.
hmm.....volume knob goes up AND down...........
I can't hear the engine if there's no sound, which means that I'll have to look at the rev gauge I always drive on the sound. (or how do I say that in English)
You hear much better with headphones anyway
I always play with headphones and a mic. Works best when playing while using Ventrilo or Team Speak.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :You hear much better with headphones anyway

hmmmm, i may try that, but im geussing you mean with Proper headphones, as all i have is a set of Sehnheiser PX-100's
#8 - axus
Get a subwoofer, put it between your pedals and the wall. 2 problems sorted - your mom will hear more bass so she won't bitch (a little bit of extra bass goes a long way for the LFS sound engine), and you get to feel the ground more somehow with the bassy vibrations.
#9 - Vain
Headphones are the best choice. Even the good ones are affortable and they produce good sound. And, also very important, you can turn up the volume far higher than with a real Hifi system (that is, if you're not living alone somewhere in the outback).

Vain
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Vain :Headphones are the best choice. Even the good ones are affortable and they produce good sound. And, also very important, you can turn up the volume far higher than with a real Hifi system (that is, if you're not living alone somewhere in the outback).

Vain

hmmmm, when i get this work done ill try it!
#11 - axus
Quote from Vain :Headphones are the best choice. Even the good ones are affortable and they produce good sound. And, also very important, you can turn up the volume far higher than with a real Hifi system (that is, if you're not living alone somewhere in the outback).

Vain

Noooo!
Stop posting. I'm trying to overtake you in post count here!
(Let's pretend it matters, umkay :razz
#12 - Jakg
well, if post count really matters!

The cable on my sehnheissers doesnt reach, where can i buy an extension lead? ive always wanted one, but never seen them for sale!
Or you can get a wireless one, like me... but I don't use them because they it's a heavy you know what. It's pretty old, I think it's possible I have these for 8 years or longer. The sound isn't always perfect, because the connection to the base station needs to be very clear, and that's not always easy.

Or, do it like me again... put the computer in your own room, and if it's already there, get thicker walls Or pad the whole room in egg boxes.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from sgt.flippy :Or you can get a wireless one, like me... but I don't use them because they it's a heavy you know what. It's pretty old, I think it's possible I have these for 8 years or longer. The sound isn't always perfect, because the connection to the base station needs to be very clear, and that's not always easy.

Or, do it like me again... put the computer in your own room, and if it's already there, get thicker walls Or pad the whole room in egg boxes.

but the sound quality isnt great on the cordless headphones i have, and they are currently in use, but my pc is in its own little room, but i thought you meant i would be getting better sound quality out of headphones?
dam, my speakers don't work today
put engine sound volume to 0... u just need tire squeal to drive ^^
Dude, you're dutch... Last time I checked it was perfectly legal here to lock your mom away in a closet for a couple of hours to get her off your back while racing... Make sure she has some food and drink, though... Otherwise it's child abuse (abuse BY a child, mind you).
Quote :as all i have is a set of Sehnheiser PX-100's

The px100 are one of the highest quality headphones you can buy at any price, there price tag is a joke , they should have another zero on the end of it.

John
hmmm buy yourself a door ... and maybe some walls to put it in
:ices_rofl
Headphones FTW. Unfotunately my Sennheiser's wire, the other line, got broken and now Im waiting for a new one...takes a while.
play with sound off and listen to music. Thats what i do, and im sure its better than that beeish sound (LOL)
If you buy headphones dont get to this bad bad habit of biting cable. Me ate my brothers expensive headphones. Now he says I have to buy new ones.
-
(kompa) DELETED by kompa
Quote from JohnPenn :The px100 are one of the highest quality headphones you can buy at any price, there price tag is a joke , they should have another zero on the end of it.

I dunno, I told a mate to buy a pair as good headphones on a tight budget, he loves them to bits, but they weren't a pinch on my Beyer's at the time, which sound muffled compared to my new Grados.... which are less than 10 times the price of the PX100s.

[/audioreview]
- just be carefull when using headphones.
If you can, then use speakers and subwoofer like I do.

I have tinitus...
..you DONT wanna get a constant ringing tone in your ears like I have.

- I NEVER again have the option of listen to silence.

It really sucks sometimes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG