The online racing simulator
*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
I think I have the worst name in LFS yet I really don't see any need to change it, it grows on me, like pearcy 2k7, I know it was quite a while ago but his name would not be the same without his 2k7 on the end.
Quote from Bawbag :I think I have the worst name in LFS yet I really don't see any need to change it, it grows on me, like pearcy 2k7, I know it was quite a while ago but his name would not be the same without his 2k7 on the end.

I would suggest you name "Teabag".
It's just not going to happen guys! Try to get that through your thick heads!

jeez..
If it would be possible to change then all i would want is to change my first letter to big letter. "Hazaky" instead of "hazaky"
Quote from oldnavy :I was expecting such thread from (Stig)

Yea, if I was Michael Schumacher, I'd want to change my name TOO!

It's your own fault for pickin a bogus name, if you can't live with it, don't get it in the first place. Much like buying a Ford that you think is gonna be good. They never are. Changing your name means changing not only your forum name but your LFS username, causing alot of problems, if you are banned from a collection of servers, or you're getting seen by alot of people to be a cheater, you could easily change your name before trouble arrives and then get away with it.
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by BlueFlame
Quote from hazaky :If it would be possible to change then all i would want is to change my first letter to big letter. "Hazaky" instead of "hazaky"

Unlock Ur lfs copy with Hazaky and it should stay that way in game but in game only.
Signed

I got my old team name (fbut) in my License name
Signed
It has already been stated numerous times, that it is not possible to automate the system at this time. My guess would be that the licence system would need atleast a partial overhaul to automate the system.

I won't sign this, however if it happens, good for you guys, I hope you enjoy the ability to change your name.
Quote from FBUT Bishop :Signed

I got my old team name (fbut) in my License name

Some people don't read

Quote :-Do not include a team tag or name! You may leave them one day, or the team name could change and then you are stuck with a conflicting username, because we will not change it. Your username is permanent!

Quote from DoC_uk :I for 1 would like to change mine ( Doc was a very old FPS name i used since Quake ) Would like to change to my race name which is much more grown up

But I'm not gonna sign , as after reading some of the replies its never gonna happen .

The Devs are busy enough atm i would think

Yes $tifler is way more mature...
The real problem here is that users do not have unique IDs, the id is the user name. If every user had a unique ID then user name changing would be simple, and server bans could be by ID not user name. I think there should be an option to change your user name, provided it can only be done once a year (like the OP said).
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :The real problem here is that users do not have unique IDs, the id is the user name.

Disagree. I'd eat my hat if there wasn't a user database somewhere with a unique numerical ID number for each member. We might not be able to see the unique ID but it'll be somewhere. At the very least we each have a unique user ID on the forum. Mine is 69846, yours is 59787.
Changing names has been available since day one in the demo servers ,see where that got us.Your name follows you for good or bad.

Its not an option IMO.
signed
Seems like some people are just blind bandwagoners.
Pretty spectacular to be incapable of reading and comprehending the already 3-page thread. Must be tough.
Er... now I change my mind.

Signed.
#95 - VoiD
Quote from Fuse5 :...Pretty spectacular to be incapable of reading and comprehending the already 3-page thread...

Thats not spectacular, looks like the normal behaviour these days:
Read (understanding not necessary) some longer text/thread, stop at line 2 (or word #23), press a button or do some other silly input, just to make a fool of yourself...
Quote from amp88 :...I'd eat my hat if there wasn't a user database somewhere with a unique numerical ID number for each member. We might not be able to see the unique ID but it'll be somewhere. At the very least we each have a unique user ID on the forum. Mine is 69846, yours is 59787.

This.

Also, I am failing to see the significance of a user name change? Your racer name shows up above your car on the server, so we only see the undesired username when you log on or post something silly on the forum...

I don't understand the pressing desire you all have!

(P.S. Stefani24 is an exception to the rule. Poor bloke.)
Quote from bandaid :so we only see the undesired username when you log on or post something silly on the forum...

Naaaah... there's a key in game that you can press to toggle from racername to username. Forgot which key... haven't played for a long time.
Quote from bandaid :This.

Also, I am failing to see the significance of a user name change? Your racer name shows up above your car on the server, so we only see the undesired username when you log on or post something silly on the forum...

I don't understand the pressing desire you all have!

(P.S. Stefani24 is an exception to the rule. Poor bloke.)

It's a good point you make, although your username is shown when you press Shift and Tab at the same time, but seriously, whats all this crap about name changes, probobly 90% of the LFS community have a different race name to their username.
No this should not be implemented as it clearly states when you choose your username that you cannot change it back and specifically warns you that you should'nt add any sort of team name to your username as you may leave the team.

If you dont like your username its your own fault, you have no one else to blame except yourself so deal with it or buy a new license.
I don't see why everyone is having such a go at this, your obviously happy with your username... Yes it will take up dev time if they want to do it individually by themselves, like i said before give everyone 1 chance to change it and they can do it themselves.

All the people saying "they need to learn a lesson", seriously, WTF, we didn't torture a kitten and get a £50 fine, we were 14 year old kids that chose the wrong name at the time! Never have kids if you expect them to act adult like at 14 years old, thats why sometimes this forum is a shambles, because everyone expects too much from 12yr old boys!
This thread is closed

*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG