The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Quote from Velociround :I've bought every single game I ever installed on my computer. That's why I'm disappointed.
By the way, who said one can't pirate his console games? I bet there are plenty of people who don't pay for their console games too! Actually, I know many of them!

Well here at Serbia at least, PC gamers are pirating games 99.99% of the time So does the X360 users.. (PS3 has no pirates). But nevertheless, console (X360) piracy is nowhere near the PC piracy. A lot of kids have no clue how to mod the 360 so it can play them, or has no intention of waiting for the huge downloads.. while on PC, it's much easier and more available, and PC audience is more knowledge-worthy and know how to play the pirates.. that's the main difference.
You don't punish 99% of people for something only 1% are doing. By doing that they increase piracy, because nobody feels at all guilty about it. The only reason they are so hard on piracy is because they are greedy, that's why piracy is so socially acceptable. I don't give a shit if I reduce somes profit margin slightly, they still make millions and treat their customers like criminals while doing so.

The fact is though, that there is more money to be had from console versions of games these days. The PC is not really the most popular choice for arcade racing games. I expect the delay is so they can actually do a proper PC version, rather than just a bad console port.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You don't punish 99% of people for something only 1% are doing. By doing that they increase piracy, because nobody feels at all guilty about it. The only reason they are so hard on piracy is because they are greedy, that's why piracy is so socially acceptable. I don't give a shit if I reduce somes profit margin slightly, they still make millions and treat their customers like criminals while doing so.

The fact is though, that there is more money to be had from console versions of games these days. The PC is not really the most popular choice for arcade racing games. I expect the delay is so they can actually do a proper PC version, rather than just a bad console port.

... D...Did.... did you read anything that was said above?

They have entire communities based around piracy. I know, I used to be in one with my PSP.. until I threw my PSP against a brick wall. Now I don't pirate anymore.

I honestly don't mind getting some games on console rather than PC. If it's a game i'd be 100% happier with on PC, than sure. But still... consoles are considered "for gamers" more often than PC, even though that is completely false.
From the DiRT 2 communtiy site (source)

Quote :The DiRT 2 UK TV Advert will premiere on UK Television 27th August 2009 on Five just before the kick off of Live UEFA Europa League Football match between Aston Villa and Rapid Vienna.
  • Where: Five
  • When: Thursday 27th August, approx 7:56pm

Quote from LFSn00b :Dave Mirra's BMX for PSX. Simply amazing fun.

dave mirras bmx for pc. simply amazing fun.good memories....
Quote from batteryy :dave mirras bmx for pc. simply amazing fun.good memories....

Dave Mirras Pro BMX 2 for GC. Simply amazing
I Have Never Heard of Dave Mirras BMX.. but what everyone has said.. Sounds Simply amazing
does anyone know if the dirt 2 demo was coming out later in canada??
I cant seem to find it on PSN??
Quote from simulation :does anyone know if the dirt 2 demo was coming out later in canada??
I cant seem to find it on PSN??

It's only on EU PSN for some reason..
make a new user and make a uk account, thats what i did ^^
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's only on EU PSN for some reason..

I actually created a EU and JP PSN account last night for those reasons.
same as i did lol .. is is illegal?
finally got my hands on to the demo, and i was really suprised how good it was. i expected the same as dirt one, but these physics are alot better IMO, ive spent like 4hours just playing the demo and still i dont get bored. this is a must buy, hope i have money when it comes out(or is it already?)
well planing to buy it for pc maybe. Looks quite fun for some free time between. But imo it looks like its more fun with gamepad, then with wheel (should be the same as with nfs shift)
i still cant do perfect on some of the corners so my average is only around 3.10 on the rally stage
btw i found a fun thing to do, put the difficulity to easy and see how many cars u can pass my record is 5 or 6,i passed all the cars that were in front of me
Is there a demo of this for the pc? Or can i download demo on the ps3? would really like to try this out looks godo
Quote from Billeh :Is there a demo of this for the pc? Or can i download demo on the ps3? would really like to try this out looks godo

i think u need to make a new account and a uk account to dl it for ps3
Quote from batteryy :i think u need to make a new account and a uk account to dl it for ps3

Cheers m8 that should be no problem as i live in Scotland
Quote from Billeh :Cheers m8 that should be no problem as i live in Scotland Smile

oh, didnt notice thatSmile
I've won my last 6 straight races in the Trophy Trucks.

Talk about American blood.
Quote from Rappa Z :I've won my last 6 straight races in the Trophy Trucks.

Talk about American blood.

what diff? i struggle to beat the drivers with a casual difficulity i quess those arent for me, i cant find good gear to drive with, the second accelerates good but is slow and the thrid is fast but does accelerate very hardly. normally id just chance the gears but these trucks seem to have a huge shifting time wich slows you down alot
Not single player, multiplayer.
World tour trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/world-tour-dirt-2/55231

Aaaaaand there are 2 more cars seen in it. At 0.37, you can see some single seater hillclimb racer, and at 1:17, you can see a yellow/blue Metro 6R4. Imagine that with the Rs200.

The only problem is since those cars weren't seen in the demo, they might come at dlc.

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG