The online racing simulator
canada tornado
(16 posts, started )
canada tornado
not the first one, certainly not the last one.
Interesting Fact: The UK has the highest number of reported tornadoes for its land area of any country in the world

Not completely OT :P
#4 - 5haz
Speaking of which, I saw one today, only a weak pathetic one that never reached the ground, but it was there nonetheless.

I've never seen a proper powerful one though, lots of powerful storms but no biggies.
ive never seen one but i think if i did i'd shite myself lol
i think its less usual in germany and we had a couple of them the last years
Quote from JackDaMaster :Interesting Fact: The UK has the highest number of reported tornadoes for its land area of any country in the world

Not completely OT :P

Gah, I was going to say that
Im glad that we have no tornados and those stuff over here in europe. In history, i dont remember at all that there was any tornado. But, may this be the last tornado for canada (or something .. :tilt
Quote from JackDaMaster :Interesting Fact: The UK has the highest number of reported tornadoes for its land area of any country in the world

But we have absolutely no hurricanes or typhoons, but we're right up there in cyclones with our tornadoes.

Well we did have Hurricanes and Typhoons once, in WW2... OMG Godwins law on the first page!
Quote from hazaky :Im glad that we have no tornados and those stuff over here in europe. In history, i dont remember at all that there was any tornado. But, may this be the last tornado for canada (or something .. :tilt

There are tornados everywhere, the air flow is what creates them so a tornado can hit México, Estonia, England etc.... and I've heard of tornados in germany =P
#12 - 5haz
Tornados can happen anywhere where there is wind shear (varying speeds or directions of wind at varying heights in the atmosphere), these cause vertically rotating air currents called vorticity, when a storm cloud forms it forms due to air rising, and these rotating air currents get tilted horrizontally by the rising air in the storm cloud, causing a Tornado. That is the current thinking anyway, the theory on what causes tornadoes changes every five minutes.

Now if only I could have remembered that in my AS Geography exam... :rolleyes:

And central Europe can get quite a few nasty storms/ tornadoes, I remember when I was in Poland a few years ago we had hail almost golf ball size smashing car windscreens, the region had a few tornadoes that day and one or two large ones, not where I was though.
Quote from Blas89 :There are tornados everywhere, the air flow is what creates them so a tornado can hit México, Estonia, England etc.... and I've heard of tornados in germany =P

Well yea, but its very rare. I dont remember any tornado here since i was born. =]
Quote from hazaky :Im glad that we have no tornados and those stuff over here in europe. In history, i dont remember at all that there was any tornado. But, may this be the last tornado for canada (or something .. :tilt

ummm look some posts up we had a couple of them in germany the last years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Qjp5B3cJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSh323Fu4Bs

didnt search much but these two where just in 2009

EDIT: just googled it and we had 30 confirmd tornados just in GERMANY (in 2009).......
Haha, I think I was maybe 6 - 70 km away from that. In any case, it was still bad. I just wouldn't have thought it'd be international news
Was there during that (vacation), thank god my uncles moved from Woodbridge some times ago, tornado passed near their old house!

canada tornado
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG