The online racing simulator
Momo Racing keeps uncentering!!
(31 posts, started )
Momo Racing keeps uncentering!!
Everytime Im racing (especially rally) my wheel over time gets more and more cockeyed. I dont get in any wrecks and my wheel doesnt match up with the wheel in the cockpit. I have to go to pits every couple of laps and recal my wheel. Any fixes??
Thanks a ton! :laola:
Is that centering fix compatible with the 4.60 drivers? I don't have the prob but just curious.
I've started getting a similar problem last couple of days, my DFP calibrates itself, I fire up LFS and go into a game, but with the wheel perfectly centered the car veers to the right (when i pull up the tyre temps screen it says its going to the right by 0.08 or something). I've tried re-setting LFS calibration and re-booting the computer, to no avail. Is the above patch designed to fix this sort of problem?

Only solution I've found so far is to use DXTweak to adjust the center point by about 300 units to the right, this makes it track straight again but I didn't pay so much for a wheel to have to bodge it so would like to find the cause of the problem and the correct solution.
I noticed the centering problem on the MOMO as soon as I got mine, after I ran the centering fix I have never had to run it again.

If anything, just make sure you calibrate it each time you start a game using the wheel, i.e. turn it from lock to lock.
If you go into the control options (of LFS) and on the section you select the throttle and brake, at the bottom you see "lock calibration" or something like that. Select no to NOT lock the calibration, then everytime you start LFS and join the track, give your wheel a turn from lock to lock and depress each pedal fully. That ensures that it is calibrated every time you start LFS. I use to lock it, but found I had to unlock and calibrate when I started. I have a Momo, but the DFP and Momo are similar in many aspects.
Hmm... I tried that fix, still having problems. argh
#9 - SatCP
I haven't experienced problems with my wheel (DFP). I calibrated it once, and it has worked fine ever since. But the pedals act funny every once in a while. Sometimes it happens - mid race - the pedals suddenly lose their calibration. The slightest touch at the accelerator or brake pedal will cause maximum acceleration or braking power, often leading to a spin because you don't expect that to happen. If I rapidly press the accelerator and brake to the metal they are calibrated again.

It's rare, but when it happens it's very anoying.
yea, its something i've been experiencing myself lately. another cyber (owl) has had the same problems.

It seems that yanking the wheel to one direction causes it to go out of calibration if it isnt yanked back at the same speed / distance. Ok "yanking" sounds harsh, but i dont mean it in a very violent way; just basic correcting of oversteer etc.

I've installed all the patches available at the wingman site, tried every kind of re/de-calibration and its still the same. I cant remember when this problem started, but i can say 100% sure it wasnt like this before christmas....hmm year 2006 bug??

I havent tried installing the latest drivers yet, but on the wingmanteam site it says that there is NO update to previous devices in the latest drivers...only for some joypad stuff and upgrading is "pointless". Guess i'll try that since there's nothing else i can do..
I have calibration lock off, still have problems. I make it a habbit of depressing each pedal and rotating the wheel every time I start LFS, have to do it for the PS2 as well. I had problems with the pedals as well, but fixed them a few months ago and not had a problem since. Logitech actually sent me a replacement wheel/pedal set when I contacted them, so I fixed the old ones and gave them to a friend, now the new wheel has this even more annoying problem
If your wheel still has warrante then I suggest you have it fixed probaly - Mine did the same thing and at that time I thought it was a driver related issue, and therefore fixable by ie. the cetering fix software - only, it didn't help.

I called up my dealer and they gave me a new one the same day.
Does mean your screwed if you didn't buy it from a proper shop though, I purchased mine off a shop on ebay that wasn't too helpful. When I went directly to Logitech, first time around they said sod off and go through the shop you brought it from, second time around I think I ended up speaking to their US dept (I phoned out of UK office hours), who got me a replacement from The Netherlands within 48hrs, now thats impressive.

If you still have the option of returning the wheel..Logitech give the momo and DFP a 2 year warranty right?
ive had this problem for ages- doesnt really bother me too much really because as soon as you apply full lock again it resets itself.

the one thing that is a problem however is when it actually goes off centre- if going round a fast bend the car will suddenly understeer, this has caused a few big wrecks for me. it feels like something is slipping inside the ffb mechanism. does momo have belts?
I had the problem with my old DFP, I got it replaced on warranty. Same thing with the new DFP .
It feels exactly like something is slipping inside - shifting or "floating" wheel centre would be a good name for it. Switches for like 10 seconds, then goes back (even happens on the straights ).
I'm starting to think this has something to do with LFS - Lately I've been playing a lot of GP Legends, and I just don't have that problem there!
I tried the momo-fix this morning and it seemd to reduce but not eliminate the problem. The second mono-fix they released refuses to work with a DFP.

So instead I phoned up Logitech, and they're sending me a nice shiny new one (again), but this time asked me to cut the USB and power plug off and return to them..hmm maybe I can re-wire it and use for a spare Anyone got a pin-out for the dfp's usb plug? I'm allowed to keep the pedals intact as a spare, eternally grateful of them for that because i've had them open and modified too much to send them back I have to give Logitech an A+ for service on this one.
i got the same thing with my DFP, i installed the profiler but i get that same shifting of the wheel to the side.

cant find any links to a DFP center fix?

is it a LFS thing?
I had that problem with the red momo, if i had the wheel even just a hair out of center when i exited lfs or nr2003, it would muder the calibration...black doesnt seem to do it though
I don't know about the DFP problem, but respecting the Momo Racing centering problem, I had the same problem more than a year ago. Don't try to ask on the message board of wingmangteam, they'll tell you that the problem is dirt on the disc on the optical sensor. It could be a dirty sensor... but at least it wasn't my problem (tried cleaning the disc with almost everything (included canned air), with no success. (Here is the post where I asked about it: http://www.wingmanteam.com/dis ... June620040745am#POST12840 (posts on the thread reads from bottom to top))

Personally I recommend to everyone with this problem to ask for a replacement (either to logitech or to the store), and see if you're lucky and get a wheel without the problem (If there are one.... (I got a replacement, but with exactly the same problem... :doh)

Finally I was able to eliminate the problem from both wheels.

My conclusions are that there are 3 possible causes for this problem :

1> Dirt on the sensor
2> The disc on the sensor being loose
3> The "sparks" produced on the motor EM-interfering with the sensor.

Maybe stupid thougths, but you can read about "my" (I repeat... its mine, so can't assure it will work on other wheels... (altrough it worked here on two different wheels )) You can read about the "work" before finding the solution here: http://www.wingmanteam.com/dis ... html?1104283719#POST13913 , and about the "solution" here: http://www.wingmanteam.com/dis ... rch1520050556am#POST14835

Maybe this post is completely useless.. but it's about my experiences
For me, Profiler 4.40 + the centering fix has worked the best for Momo Racing. Profiler 4.60 is supposed to have the centering fix integrated to it, but I got centering problems when using 4.60 profiler, and the centering fix didn't help, so I went back to 4.40 + centering fix and it has worked fine ever since...
i encounterd the problem 2 with my momo, the center point was a bit to the left, and yes i do the calibration all the time....i've download the momotweak but when i start it, guess what?: "Logitech MOMO Force Wheel not found! Please ensure it is pluggd in" What in the world is this? i mean my momo is working fine, the ffb, pedals all work great...in the game cotrollers saz its fully functional...so why that tool doesent recognize my wheel?? Momo racing black
my dfp center position is slightly to the left as well.... however this is a bit of a wierd one.... its a lot worse in some cars in LFS than others.... the worst is the LX4 and best is probably either BF1 or FOX.... is there actually anyway to fix this or is it gonna get on me tits forever ??

well until the g25 anyway
Quote from andy_bonjon :my dfp center position is slightly to the left as well.... however this is a bit of a wierd one.... its a lot worse in some cars in LFS than others.... the worst is the LX4 and best is probably either BF1 or FOX.... is there actually anyway to fix this or is it gonna get on me tits forever ??

well until the g25 anyway

Your tracking is out. I suggest taking the car down to the nearest kwik-fit

seriously though.... do any of the fixes actually work for the dfp??
Try using a deadzone, it works for me!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG