The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z15 (online compatible)
(287 posts, closed, started )
It's old bug
Nice
btw 1 day after installing Z15 patch, this happened
I have no mods and no updates installed and that textures got crazy after 6 minutes of racing
Attached images
lfs s2 Z15.jpg
Does this still happend if you start the game? Is the problem right from the start, or must you play some minutes before it happens?

If it happens right from the start, then I would suggest you to reinstall LFS, if it happens after some minutes I would check computer for things like overheating and such.
And if it's overheating, check your CPU heatsink and GPU fan(s)/headsink(s) for dust.
4 TheVeryEnd:
Quote :textures got crazy after 6 minutes of racing

so it happens some time after I start the game and begin the race.

It may be caused by the old drivers for my nVidia 8600 GT. I will try to download new drivers and i will write here if more bugs or "bugs" will appear

shadowww: temperatures are at normal as always...... i dont think its overheating
That's strange, is it exactly 6 minutes, or random?
Does anything similar happen in other games or is it just LFS?
Quote from Bigbob1993 :4 TheVeryEnd: so it happens some time after I start the game and begin the race.

It may be caused by the old drivers for my nVidia 8600 GT. I will try to download new drivers and i will write here if more bugs or "bugs" will appear

shadowww: temperatures are at normal as always...... i dont think its overheating

Clean your PC of any dust, especially in your 8600's heatsink. Remove the sticker, unscrew the heatsink and fan, disconnect the fan, clean out the heatsink with compressed air and cotton swabs, re-install and tell us if it still happens
For the record, testing shadows in an ArchLinux distro:

-Gfx card: GeForce 8400 GS
-Nvidia drivers: 185.18.31
-Wine 1.1.27

Shadows look OK in both modes.
Quote from Whiskey :I supose he means the dust/smoke and moving objects throught the transparent skins

But that is other bug, what i said it is nothing to do with car glasses, so in Patch Z is the bug but is very strange to see, but in Patch Z15 I see a lot, so thats why I see that I think have relation with LX plate... added 3D objects don't aling perfectly
Quote from The Very End :That's strange, is it exactly 6 minutes, or random?
Does anything similar happen in other games or is it just LFS?

It happened twice in random time but it didn´t happended since I downloaded the latest Win XP graphic card drivers.
And no nothing like this never happened to me in any other game. But i think that i just needed the new drivers . Anyway, if something strange happens with graphics of the game again, I will report it.
Quote from STenyaK :For the record, testing shadows in an ArchLinux distro:

-Gfx card: GeForce 8400 GS
-Nvidia drivers: 185.18.31
-Wine 1.1.27

Shadows look OK in both modes.

For another record, in a Gentoo distro:

-Gfx card: GeForce 8600 GT
-Nvidia drivers: 180.29
-Wine 1.1.12

Many glitches with standard shadows, including a segment of shadow always parallel to sun direction, and a segment of shadow always parallel to the vehicle, as well as rectangular car-sized shadow that disappears depending on where you drive over.
With test shadow mode, there's a proper shadow, as well as the 2 aforementioned segments of shadow.
Quote from STenyaK :For another record, in a Gentoo distro:

-Gfx card: GeForce 8600 GT
-Nvidia drivers: 180.29
-Wine 1.1.12

Many glitches with standard shadows, including a segment of shadow always parallel to sun direction, and a segment of shadow always parallel to the vehicle, as well as rectangular car-sized shadow that disappears depending on where you drive over.
With test shadow mode, there's a proper shadow, as well as the 2 aforementioned segments of shadow.

Strange, as I installed Ubuntu on my Macbook Pro (Geforce 8600 GT M, Same NVidia drivers) and it does just fine with both test and standard shadows. I am however using Wine 1.1.28 (latest WineHQ 'development' package built for ubuntu).

Maybe try the newer Wine version as a test?

Edit: Disregard this, I read your earlier post (re:ArchLinux) and using Wine 1.1.27 and it working.
Why is the AI stupid?

I'll upload a video and show you guys. I took a video of them racing at aston, they took a turn, and all of them in a line, hit the same wall Then I restarted the race, and it happened in the exact same place again. Seems like they just can't get passed that turn.
Quote from funnybone2 :Why is the AI stupid?

Because making a computer drive like a human is frikkin' hard?
Try Racing AI set to Pro and then tell me it's "stupid" The main issues i can see with AI is Detection of other cars is a bit off.. that and they can't restart engines etc
AI is not stupid, they somehow managed to cloak.
This is true what we drive against!!!
What the hell is that?
And cloak, what do you mean by that?
Quote from funnybone2 :Why is the AI stupid?

I have a bf1 setup that they are 0,5 of the wr at So6 and 0,4 of wr at BL1 and BL1r
new physics = new setups = new problems

but I hope we will finally get some normal update... maybe in dec?
Quote from The Very End :What the hell is that?
And cloak, what do you mean by that?

Seeing the train, i think he means they drive like they are on rails.
Yes like on rails and like they weight smth like 500 tons. Once I raged hard and tried to wreck all this f**s in FOX's (SS) with full loaded RB4. They killed me and drove away like nothing happened!

AI just need some random little mistakes and rational reaction time when I bump them from side at 200km/h. Now forgive me this off-topic
Quote from Scawen :

ABS brakes have been added to 5 cars (as a setup option) so for now you cannot upload hotlaps made in Z15.

Will we be ever able to upload them? Because if I'm not mistaken the next patch will come with other changes (like tire model) besides ABS.
Quote from Costas Athan :Will we be ever able to upload them? Because if I'm not mistaken the next patch will come with other changes (like tire model) besides ABS.

Sure we will. I think that all hotlaps will be deleted, so we will be able to upload new hotlaps.
Quote from Flame CZE :Sure we will. I think that all hotlaps will be deleted, so we will be able to upload new hotlaps.

Yeah, but if the hotlaps get deleted when the new patch is released, wouldn't be a physics mismatch between Z15 and the new patch?

Now Z15's hotlaps can't be accepted for that reason. Because patch Z doesn't have ABS.
ABS update pre-patch, physics mismatch post-patch. Looks like uploading Z15s won't happen. I don't see why this is a concern though, what am I missing?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z15 (online compatible)
(287 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG