The online racing simulator
Dirt cheap first cars
(81 posts, started )
Percy... it's green. What you have created - if it has a name - is some 'green'.
Quote from spookthehamster :I think your main insurance problem is where you live. Manchester is probably very high up the risk scale for insurance companies.

Have a look at Citroens. Mechanically they'll run forever, but check for stupid broken things like faulty window switches and other electric parts. They're not massively quick, but they are massively cheap and massively comfortable. I bought a Xantia 1.9TD a couple of years ago for £137, perfect mechanically but like I said it had some stupid electronic problems (one door wouldn't unlock, one window wouldn't open and the rev counter didn't function). Driving it was like driving and armchair, eventually I sold it (for £200 with over 200k miles!), but now I miss it.

my granddad drives a 306 coupe, had an Xantia, heck even i had 106 and a 306 my brother had a 205gti, French cars get a bad name because the people who drive them dnt maintain them then moan bitch and complain when they brake ( i.e taxi drivers )

they have some small issues ( such as not being able to go more then 69 mph in a renault 19 as the electronics couldn't handle it ) but theyre grand run-a-bouts f you just give them 5 mins Tlc every few weeks. 4

if i was to get a first car id get a 2-3 punto's/106's/saxo's etc for 20-50 pound and have all the spares ill ever need !
Quote from Jakg :you wont find a car and get insurance for less than £1k

Wrong.

I picked up the Lada for £350 (8 months tax, 6 months MOT) and insured it for £450 (TPFT with Tesco). Hasn't missed a beat and the only real work I've done to it is changing the clutch (£60 for a genuine kit), front brake pads (came with a new set), and put a set of safe premium tyres on it for rallying (£180 Continentals).

Dirt cheap first cars
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG