The online racing simulator
Chance for a real comparison?
(20 posts, started )
With the Intel Racing Tour using LFS and the BMW Pit Lane Park using rFactor, we have two dev teams simulating the same car using performance data from the same source. Has anyone attended or is planning to attend both events and tell us the differences?
i thought the BWM one used LFS.
do you have any links to their sites supporting this? i haven't heard much about either.

speedfreak227
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=253498
Confirmed by Scawen, with explanation.
Quote :LFS was Intel's first choice but the rFactor developers were able to agree to some terms of a deal that we were not able to agree to. So Intel USA chose rFactor's full agreement instead of our slightly modified agreement. I don't think I should go into details but I am telling you this much to avoid confusion.

LFS is still used for the Racing Tour by Intel Germany.

well, lets see if you get any official version of that outside the BMW pitlane park. (I doubt it, cause F1 car on F1 track sounds too much like F1, and that sounds like "sony" to me )
Why is this world all about money...?
The BMW park is LFS, at least on ITV when they showed it it looked extremely like LFS!
^^^ AFAIK only the Intel Racing Tour is LFS, the BMW park is rFactor.
#8 - Grudd
#11 - robt
Quote from Grudd :http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=news_06-05bmwsauber

illepall

Quote :Intel, the Official Corporate Partner of BMW Sauber F1 Team, worked with ISI to turn its stunningly realistic rFactor racing simulation into a game

guess that didnt take too many sleepless nights :sorry::slap:
#12 - JJ72
Quote from robt :guess that didnt take too many sleepless nights :sorry::slap:

simply by pressing from F1 to F9 once.
#13 - axus
Quote from robt :guess that didnt take too many sleepless nights :sorry::slap:

Signature worthy!
#14 - robt
Glad i could be of use (for once in my life )
That makes me sick. I had planned to go to the USGP a day early to go to the BMW Pitlane park, but if it's rFactor, I don't know if it'll be worth it.

Also, am I the only one that thinks the rFactor version of the Sauber looks like crap?
It doesn't look that bad. To be honest, the things I like most about it is the suspension modelling and the fact that is has a few other details our LFS version doesn't have (like the rear wing slits and chimneys on the side).

The only part I dislike about it is the top intake, it looks way too large and sharp... kind of funky modelling there (same with the nose). Other than that, what could be so bad about it? If it is the shiny wheels you don't like, well you can expect that from rFactors graphics
I guess it doesn't look that bad, but the wheels totally throw me off, makes the whole model look cheesy IMHO
+1
I don't dig those wheels much at all, but I can't put my finger on why...they just don't look...right...
If it's in RF, then I would guess it drives like the other F1 they had... not my cup of tea.
The rfactor bmw does looks a lot better than the LFS version. Shame its a crap game.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG