The online racing simulator
#76 - 5haz
Quote from DevilDare :Oh please......

Any guy supporting any team from any sport will get upset when their favorite team is doing bad. Whether its Football, Basketball, racing or whatever.... If you wouldnt then you couldnt really call yourself a fan if you just go "meh I dont care, no longer like them if they are crap"

And I am capable of accepting other people do not like Mclaren. Just that a lot of other team fans fail to accept that we like Mclaren and Hamilton.....

I have never really whinged when Mclaren were doing bad. Yes ofcourse I was showing dissapointment, but I wasnt crying for gods sake.....

Also, can't you see what you are doing now? You are arguing over fanboyism..... If you really disliked it you would have dropped this topic and put me on your ignore list.....

There is getting a little annoyed (I get irritated over some people's unfair and ignorant comments about drivers sometimes, but I remain silent usually), and then there is complete intolerance. Yeah ok you hate the team I support, but lets talk about it! Is that not the purpose of a forum? But 'talking about it' does not include making blunt and ignorant statements, ignoring the opinions of others entirely and making personal attacks or false accusations of other members. These are the rules and standards I at least try to play by, I would like it if others would too, in an ideal world anyway, but arseholes will be arseholes I guess, perhaps I should just suffer fools more.

Earlier in this thread you made what I consider would be a provocative post to some people here, so don't try to present yourself as being an innocent victim please.

And I don't add people to ignore lists, resentment will only build if you don't talk, plus I like to improve my English skills. Also, you keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
#77 - 5haz
So you support Mclaren because everyone supports Ferrari? If the year was 1988, would you say the same thing?

Perhaps I just like F1 for different reasons to most people, I like the sights and the sounds, the engines and the colours of the cars, the cars on the limit of adhesion, the sliding, threading between barriers at Monaco, sparks being thrown up over bumps. Other people seem to be in it because they like it when a certain driver or team wins.

The sights and sounds of F1 are pretty crap compared to what they used to be, modern V8 cars are really pathetic and weedy from what I saw/heard at Goodwood, whereas I went to a Eurboss event (80s 90s and 2000s F1/F3000/Indy cars) at Brands Hatch, and you feel the noise through your chest more than you could hear it and the acceleration was immense, the racing was not close, but the spectacle and the feeling of pure unbridled power was amazing.

Perhaps this is why there is more emphasis nowadays on fighting over which team/driver is the best, rather than simply sitting back and actually watching the on track show, because the actual show nowadays is crap.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Wait. I was not trolling in this topic, neither in the previous one. I'm just bored of arguing all the time, knowing that it's a never ending story. I felt it better to stop arguing, and now you (DD) come with this crap, that now, that McLarens are good, Ferrari fans STFU. You can understand it that way, but in that case, you're wrong. At least in my case.

Have fun, anyway.

You should take pride in what you said Töki, you've been a strong mind to all this crap here.
I propose then we all sign the "Treaty of Fanboyism", which states any kind of fanboyism on the LFS forum F1 threads shall not be tolerated, and any kind of flaming towards other people/teams will give you the title "Fanboy" or "The Retarted" or a yellow cards from the mods

/signed
Quote from DevilDare :I propose then we all sign the "Treaty of Fanboyism", which states any kind of fanboyism on the LFS forum F1 threads shall not be tolerated, and any kind of flaming towards other people/teams will give you the title "Fanboy" or "The Retarted" or a yellow cards from the mods

/signed

flaming and fanboyism are the basis of which 90% of forums exist upon
5haz is right, the fanboyism is stupid, like i will admit i have a favourite driver and all but i don't flame it out, I recognize every driver as equal if one driver ****s up i will say they did if they perform good the weekend after i will do as well.

Its just when you comment about a particular fanboys favourtie driver with something negative they attack you. Its stupid really.
#83 - 5haz
Quote from DevilDare :I propose then we all sign the "Treaty of Fanboyism", which states any kind of fanboyism on the LFS forum F1 threads shall not be tolerated, and any kind of flaming towards other people/teams will give you the title "Fanboy" or "The Retarted" or a yellow cards from the mods

/signed

Or you could just simply shut up.
anyone got a stream????????????????????????????? i moved and i haz no tv...
awesome discussion guys this is a better watch than the grand prix will be tomorrow!
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
Quote from dawguk :awesome discussion guys this is a better watch than the grand prix will be tomorrow!

I heard they had to make some track alterations overnight to reduce the speed in the back section, they have put a tempory chicane in place called Badoer, so that might spice things up a bit.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I heard they had to make some track alterations overnight to reduce the speed in the back section, they have put a tempory chicane in place called Badoer, so that might spice things up a bit.

ahah nice.bless him.
I can't see Ferrari keeping him on until Massa is back, the sponsors won't want to see their car lapping at the back of the grid 3 seconds off the pace. Valentino Rossi jumped into an old F1 car and got within 6 tenths of Schumachers time in that car after one day, having never been in an F1 car before. So why is a guy with 10 years testing experience in a Ferrari F1 car 3 seconds off the pace? I can only assume he has driven the car twice in those 10 years, both times in a straight line on an airfield, and he makes a cracking cup of tea so they bring him along to the races.
This is just lol, last on the Grid IN A FERRARI!
#91 - 5haz
I heard that they offered Rossi a Ferarri contract after all the testing he did at the end of '05, but he turned it down so they got Massa instead to partner Schumacher.

As for Badoer, the poor man is going to get a lot of stick as a replacement for both Schumacher and Massa!
Quote from 5haz :As for Badoer, the poor man is going to get a lot of stick as a replacement for both Schumacher and Massa!

true but then again its a good thing for everybody else in f1 right now
hes not completely without talent otherwise ferrari would never have put him in the cockpit and he would have stuffed it into a wall by now and still otherwise thought of as talentless drivers (piquet sutil nakajima etc) make him look like hes going backwards
Badoer sucks because it's a new track, and he hasn't had much time in the car. While he is a test driver, test ban has kept him out. Also when you haven't raced in 10 years, and never been that good either, it's obvious you will loose your pace and all finer skills you need.

And of course, because he just isn't any good. I'd say Ferrari was really nice letting him drive as a reward for his efforts as test driver.
Quote from Shotglass :true but then again its a good thing for everybody else in f1 right now
hes not completely without talent otherwise ferrari would never have put him in the cockpit and he would have stuffed it into a wall by now and still otherwise thought of as talentless drivers (piquet sutil nakajima etc) make him look like hes going backwards

Sutil has talent.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Mhm

Remember reading somewhere that there are rumors that Loeb might drive on the last (Abu Dhabi) GP.
LOL at EJ grabbing Schuey
anyone has a link? or a working UK proxy?
Good old brundle... "coming through, reason for queue jumping: imperialism" lolz

Formula 1 Telefonica Grand Prix Of Europe 2009
(236 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG