The online racing simulator
The Prestige, watched it the other night and thought it was a must see film for anyone, the story is just top class plus it's got a rating off 8.4 on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482571/
Watchmen

Don't exactly know whether to say go watch it as soon as you can, or shout stay away from it. It certainly is not another kid's DC movie; with some sex scenes and very little fighting, it makes the movie stand away from its comic series (Or so I thought).

It can be very confusing and want to make you turn it off as it can get quite boring.... The 1st hour or so has little to none action apart from talking.....

I'm going have to say give it a go, but dont expect something golden, because you might get dissapointed.
District 9!

Easily the best film of the year!
Just watched Hangover, awesome
just watched 300 (again) and its still awsome
District 9. Loved every minute of it.
Quote from rc10racer :The Prestige, watched it the other night and thought it was a must see film for anyone, the story is just top class plus it's got a rating off 8.4 on IMDB.

Yes it's a damn good film. First seen it at release and rewatched it in enligsh some time ago. I only got a glance at the extras in the first few seconds Nolan immediately says sth along the lines of 'this is a film about cinema' and put a smile on my face
It was a good watch, but imo it was trying too hard towards the end.
Quote from DevilDare :Watchmen

Don't exactly know whether to say go watch it as soon as you can, or shout stay away from it. It certainly is not another kid's DC movie; with some sex scenes and very little fighting, it makes the movie stand away from its comic series (Or so I thought).

It can be very confusing and want to make you turn it off as it can get quite boring.... The 1st hour or so has little to none action apart from talking.....

I'm going have to say give it a go, but dont expect something golden, because you might get dissapointed.

I'll disagree with you there. No parts of Watchmen were boring. I thought it was easily the best comic book movie I've ever seen. It actually had depth; who cares if it didn't have constant action, it had meaning. Worth more than one watch IMO. It made me actually think whereas other comic book movies are where you can turn off your brain.
Only thing that bugs me about the Prestige is that like many good-but-not-great films it doesn't end soon enough. The last 10 minutes are shovel-in-the-face obvious.
Sadly, these days big budget films cannot afford to be too cryptic. Imagine 2001 being released today. Imagine what people would comment about it on LFSforum

BTW film buffs are always analyzing and trying to guess so it's hard to fool them. The film makes an excellent work for the average viewer and even more IMO. I agree it suffers a bit from length issues but that is probably because they didn't want to cut too much of the book and make it too simple.

All in all I think it's an enjoyable/interesting watch which works on several different levels and offers good acting, excellent cinematography and direction, cannot ask for much more
I wish I could remember the ending better so I could give a better critique of why I think it's useless, but yeah, you're right. Overall it's an extremely well-done mass-market/indie hybrid of the sort Nolan does so well.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :District 9 was excellent.

I disagree. I honestly got bored halfway through the movie. The last maybe half hour was really good though.
Quote from evilpimp :I disagree. I honestly got bored halfway through the movie. The last maybe half hour was really good though.

The last action sequence was the worst part of the film for me (though still very well made). Devolved from an interesting sci-fi allegory into a run-of-the-mill action film.
I think I may have said this one before, but Brotherhood (taegukgi) 9/10

This is everything that Speilberg wanted Saving Private Ryan to be but failed. There are battle scenes which better SPR, the story is better than SPR and the drama and message is a lot better than SPR. The whole movie just glides along at a good pass, and although subtitles are used the raw emotion is never lost due to some truely great performances.

I also defy anyone to watch this and not get a lump in the throat in the last scenes, one of the few films that I will openly admit to shedding a manly tear during (the other being 'Herbie Goes Bananas' when he goes over the side of the ship....mind I was 6 at the time)
Taegukgi is awesome, yeah. The always great Choi Min-sik is fantastic in it.
Leon - possibly the best film I've ever seen. Go watch it.
One more vote from me for District 9! Great movie.
Only four letters : Bolt.
Inside Man

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG