The online racing simulator
New output in *.raf telemetry logs - tyre comsuption
It would be very helpful for me, as car setuper, to know how much rubber did I leave on surface in one tick (in average per lap/sector/race). Why do I want this? I would use it to estimate how gentle/harsh my setup is to the tyres and if the car can make whole stint in long race.
And of course for experimental purposes. We could play with tyre pressures, rollbars and very precisely observe how they affect tyre consumption.
There could be however one downside, amount of logged data would grow, like one byte for each spot every tick (???, no idea, I am not a coder, so just guessing)
Right now you can figure this out by doing a race simulation in which you do a single player race in practice mode (no set laps) and just run as many laps as you can before a tire blows. Be sure to set the tire change slider as high as possible (max is 90%, so tires will be changed if they have 90% or more wear on them) in case you have to pit for fuel.
Forbin: Of course I CAN do that. But it is fairly time expensive...
By doing that though you could only work out the tyre wear rate per lap as a percentage, rather than mm/m for example (ok that's weird units, distance/distance, anyways). If you knew the thickness of the tread to start with, you could calculate said figure.

But yes, that's still quite time consuming.
Testing. It's how they do it in real life.

The only way to tell if a setup is good is to drive it. As tyre wear alters from lap to lap, driver to driver etc due to external factors, then a setup can't simply be said to have x mm of tyre wear per lap.

Surely part of the setup process is to find how the setup changes over a long run? As fuel load varies, and tyre temps change, then wear will change too. And besides, to generate this telemetry you'd still have to drive 50 laps stints.
Yeah, I agree, this issue is very delicate, as the wear is affected by one very unpredictable factor, the driver. And the data wouldn"t be much of use...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG