The online racing simulator
g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
#76 - SamH
Obviously the mods are missing the point of these constant troll reports. I certainly am.

I don't own a console, but if I did and it broke I'd have something to say about it. If it transpired that the fault was known, I'd be damn angry.

When the Japanese turned up with cars in the UK that had zero% component failure, it was a revelation. They proved that cars SHOULD start in the mornings, that they SHOULD do the distance without the likelihood of breaking down.

This trend of regarding inherent product design flaws as acceptable or par for the course is regressive, it's not pro-consumer and it's Ford* stupid. It's idiotic to regard this stuff as acceptable and you're doing nobody ANY favours by being apathetic about, or even forgiving of it.

* I had a Ford Granada as a company car, once. It was top of the range and had every option factory fitted. When braking from 80mph, the wheels vibrated and the steering wheel shook. I took it in to the dealer. Their response was "Yeah, normal for Fords. Don't worry about it." Yeah? Screw that!
Ahhhh, so Dustin can be as offensive, aggresive and sweary as he wants, as long as he has a point?

Not that I have complained about his trolling, I couldn't care less TBH.
You're not allowed to say 0% failure rate on anything these days, because then if one does happen to break (and stuff does go wrong, even if it's the finest built product in the entire universe) you leave yourself open to be sued. We now live in a global market, and while 20 years ago none of your friends or workmates would have problems, the 30 million other people who own the same thing are far more likely to find and discuss an issue.
Quote from danowat :Ahhhh, so Dustin can be as offensive, aggresive and sweary as he wants, as long as he has a point?

That is exactly what it seems like to me too.
#80 - SamH
Quote from danowat :Ahhhh, so Dustin can be as offensive, aggresive and sweary as he wants, as long as he has a point?

I'm not following anyone around like a hawk at the moment, but the reports that have been submitted don't equate to trolling even remotely. I'm not really interested in facilitating the mob mentality that goes on, so so far there's been no action. FTR, I don't give out infractions if someone hits the swearword filter. I only give infractions if they deliberately circumvent the filter. And I rarely do it, even then.

I've banned Dustin from the forum multiple times before, he's served his bans and returned. Obviously others are still thinking cumulatively about his behaviour, but that's not how I work. With anyone. He has been a pain in the ass before too but, as you point out, NOW he has a point.

I've properly set out my "no favour" position to the other mods about Dustin. It's easy to add a bit of extra gusto to your argument by implying that Dustin has a "moderator friend", but I don't appreciate that because it's not a sleight at Dustin, it's a sleight at me. And it's a foul.
Quote from Dajmin :You're not allowed to say 0% failure rate on anything these days, because then if one does happen to break (and stuff does go wrong, even if it's the finest built product in the entire universe) you leave yourself open to be sued. We now live in a global market, and while 20 years ago none of your friends or workmates would have problems, the 30 million other people who own the same thing are far more likely to find and discuss an issue.

We've lived in a global market for decades. Centuries. It's not new. What's new is the availability of information and the ability to expose, and spread knowledge of, the presence of fundamental design flaws. I don't think that makes them more acceptable, because the information is already known to the companies responsible for them. The internet has improved consumer power, and I can't see that as anything but a good thing for the consumer. Companies shouldn't BE releasing products knowing they're poorly designed, that they're a fire risk or that the consumer is not going to receive the product they believe they've paid for - be it quality of design/manufacture or of product longevity.

If you buy electrical/electronic goods, there is an expectation that the product will last (in European law) at least 3 years. It's not simply that you can return it and get a replacement or refund, that's subsequential to the law. The law places an expectation of minimum standards on manufacturers. You're not allowed to trade in Europe if you can't meet those manufacturing standards. There is a real possibility that console manufacturers could fall the wrong side of European law in this respect.
Quote from SamH :It's easy to add a bit of extra gusto to your argument by implying that Dustin has a "moderator friend", but I don't appreciate that because it's not a sleight at Dustin, it's a sleight at me. And it's a foul.

Wow, just wow Sam, way to go reading something in my post that wasn't there (and TBH, wasn't even on my mind when I wrote my post).

TBH, I would have liked to have thought you knew me a little better than that, but hey ho.
#82 - SamH
Quote from danowat :Wow, just wow Sam, way to go reading something in my post that wasn't there (and TBH, wasn't even on my mind when I wrote my post).

TBH, I would have liked to have thought you knew me a little better than that, but hey ho.

I do know you better than that. I wasn't referring to you, even though I was replying to you. Ironically, we've proved each other's points Apologies for giving the impression that I felt you were directing anything at me.
To start this off, I own a 360.

The whole console war comes down to this -

I think everyone can agree that yes microsoft made a big mistake with the 360 and RROD. However I have to give credit to them for offering the support to replace and RROD xbox's and upgrade the xbox's to reduce the risk. While yes it is a problem and some people have the problem more often than not. If I knew a product had a chance of failing sometime in the future but that the company would offer a full replacement then it is not so bad. I can see your car ananology dawedust, however in your anology you woule be risking your life buying tyres with a failure rate similar to the 360 whereas the 360 fails, your without a console for a couple of weeks which isn't the end of the world.

Either way whichever way you swing (maybe both ways) it is because of the games. I am not a particular fan of MS but just because of that, I wouldn't go out and buy a ps3 (though I try to avoid sony too) because there are more games on the 360 that I wanted of that I knew was due to be released. To use your car anology dawedust, it would be like wanting a sports car and buying a van. Its not your taste and its not what you want.

Thats the bit that decides the console war; It's what you want and for that, there is no right or wrong.
Quote from Wenom :mmmkay im going to make this whole pstriple/xbox360 war SIMPLE
theres couple of pics right over there now um where shuld i start man...
i really cant play BACKUPGAMES with pstriple so umm theres my xbox as you can see
i like to play backupgames man thats very nice NIIIIIICE BUT if i get pstriple--> KEN KUTARAGI LAUGHS AT ME WHEN I TRY TO PLAY BACKUPS
AND I LAUGH WHEN I UNDERSTAND TAHT I CANT PLAY BACKUPS AND I HAVE JUST INVESTED 300€+ ON A CONSOLE _AND_ I CANT USE _BACKUPS_
AND THEN IM LIKE OMG NO BACKUPS PSTRIPLE IS SHIIIT MAAN

and omg then theres this backupthing man pstriple bluray ---> biiiigbackups
so biiiiiiiiiigbackup man maby 40gb+ vs xboxbackups ~6-7gb

okay now xbox360 has backups so ummm i stick with my modded xbox and backups
no need for pstriple for now
i love bill gates... bill megagod gates>ken kutaragi>steve lamegod appleboy
peace

Quote from Teh Fixed Versionz :Ok. I'm going to make this whole PS3/xbox360 war SIMPLE.
There are a couple of pictures right down there. Now, where should i start?
I cant play BACKUPGAMES with PS3 so theres my xbox. As you can see,
i like to play backupgames. It's very enjoyable but if i get a PS3--> KEN KUTARAGI LAUGHS AT ME WHEN I TRY TO PLAY BACKUPS
AND I LAUGH WHEN I UNDERSTAND TAHT I CANT PLAY BACKUPS AND I HAVE JUST INVESTED 300€+ ON A CONSOLE _AND_ I CANT USE _BACKUPS_
AND THEN IM LIKE OMG NO BACKUPS PSTRIPLE IS SHIIIT MAAN (< Seriously, i couldn't fix this part as its just too difficult to comprehend. Also, WTF are "backup games"? :shrug

Oh my lord! Then theres this back up thing. PS3 bluray = large backups. I think the size comparision is something like PS3 = 40gb+ vs Xbox360 = 6-7gb.

So, now the xbox360 has backups so i shall stick with my modified xbox and backups.
No need for the PS3 now!
I want to have buttsex with bill gates... bill the megagod gates = ken kutaragi = steve lamegod appleboy.

Ciao.

@ Wenom. I can appreciate english is not your native language, but good lord man! That had no grammar, WHAT SO EVAAR.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Wenom :That buttsex part is just :gnasher:

Well.. I guess we can conclude another point from that story.

Xbox users are gay with Billionaires!
Quote :Seriously can everyone stop having a war.. He asked about using the g25 on the xbox 360 yet u lot cant help but start a war between each console..

I already posted a way it might be possible.. this thing lets u program each button and analog of the xbox 360 control, for example say, the left analog, to turn left etc.. Not sure if it works with G25 but its used for Keyboards and mouses on the xbox, I have read that someone has used their MOMO with it, but yeah, abit expensive..

Edit- http://cgi.ebay.com/XIM360-Mouse-and...d=p4634.c0.m14

Image of how it works

can you tell me where you found that? exactly what i would need, and cost

guys i left the forum for a day and find myself with a page and a half of argueing to read :jawdrop:

GET ALONG PLEASE!!!

EDIT: oops quoted the wrong thing

EDIT2: fixed
Quote from logitekg25 :can you tell me where you found that? exactly what i would need, and cost

guys i left the forum for a day and find myself with a page and a half of argueing to read :jawdrop:

GET ALONG PLEASE!!!

EDIT: oops quoted the wrong thing

EDIT2: fixed

I found this A LOOONNGG time ago, when i was going to buy it so i could use Keyboard and mouse with my xbox, but never got round to buying one, Basicly, its a modified xbox 360 controller, with an extra usb that u plug into ur PC, which then translates the buttons etc on the controller to a button on the keyboard, or mouse movement, but I have read that it works with a MOMO, but dont buy one and moan at me that it doesnt work lol, and that controller would be all u need, but its expensive..
i wouldnt moan if it doesnt work, because you know about as much as me about it (cause you just told me everything :razz how expensive is it
Quote from SamH :I don't own a console, but if I did and it broke I'd have something to say about it. If it transpired that the fault was known, I'd be damn angry.

I'm not really all that pissed because A, I've got a PC with lots of good games. B, It only takes about a week or so for me to get it back. And C, it's a free fix.

When the warranty runs out, and if it dies, then I'll be pissed. But right now, eh. I'd rather take 1 week once a year to deal with one big problem than constantly live with many many little ones. Other than the red rings problem, the 360 has been a complete joy. Never gone wrong in any other way.

Actually, there is one thing I'm not so happy about. The "coffin" box came in from Microsoft overnight, but it's going back (California to Texas, 2100 miles as the car drives) on the ground. Bleh.
#90 - CSU1
i saw and read both of them, and i like the making your own thing idea for going to workness better, but the other one for simplicity. can i get a website on that, and i will hold my breath on the price i guess
that WILL work...it is expensive though! so idk if it is really worth it...if i get an xbox i will google around a bit
Hmm, that does seem like a proper solution. Indeed a tad bit expensive. Besides, I can't really see myself playing Forza 2 with my G25 using anything else than cockpitview... which isn't available in FM2 Using a steering wheel with a chase view is just way too awkward IMO.
Quote from obsolum :with my G25 using anything else than cockpitview... which isn't available in FM2 Using a steering wheel with a chase view is just way too awkward IMO.

totally right....
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Umm, you posted a picture of an original xbox controller, so i dont see your point?

And stop trying to be cool and call me "bro". You make yourself look like a retard.

You said "over the years" they have recieved rewards for controller comfort. I can't clearly see how they would, bro. Don't have to seem like some stuck-up a**hole on the forums btw.
Quote from el pibe :lol. you guys make me laugh with the console description. XD

the 360 IS better than the ps3 in everything, but reading dvd's

um.... no.

._. You all are idiots.

Just to let you know.

> > Also PS3 is now 300 dollars and 300 euros. =/ just to inform.

> > Lastly, the PS3 WOULD have better games, just it requires a lot more programming than the 360 does due to 6 usuable assymetrical cell-processors, instead of the 360's 3 symetrical mediorce processors.

If a game company would take the time... they could make EPIC games for the PS3... =/ and if they had more sales *cough*..

Really, the PS3 is better than the 360 at everything... just the 360 has more convenience and a dumber fanbase. No offense, but 90% of the 360 community sounds like 12 year olds yet to hit puberty or white "gangsta" wannabes.
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :

Really, the PS3 is better than the 360 at everything... just the 360 has more convenience and a dumber fanbase. No offense, but 90% of the 360 community sounds like 12 year olds yet to hit puberty or white "gangsta" wannabes.

Yep, you sound really grown up.
Quote from marcjs :Yep, you sound really grown up.

He is about spot on with the Xbox demographic.

g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG