The online racing simulator
#1 - K-Dog
Logitech Driving Force EX Mod
Hi guys,

I have a Logitech Driving Force EX, but I have two sets of pedals (a friend gave me his when he threw his wheel out!!!), and was wondering if i could butcher both of the boxes, so that one has three pedals (accelerator, brake, clutch).

Now, my problem is, what would i need to do with the cable from the third pedal to get the pc to read it? I am guessing that I cannot tattach it to the wheel, as it won't know what is going on.

Can any one shed any light on this (as it is not looking too hopeful!!!).

Cheers,

Kyle
I have thought of this as well. It seems the only way to make this work is to take a pc gaming pad that has triggers and sacrificing it. Replace the variable resistor in the trigger for the variable resistor in the pedal. I have not done this but i have thought about it alot and seems to work. It is on my list of things to do...

hope this helps
The extra set of pedals will not work on their own with anything other than the original wheel. When it go thrown out he through out the only way to make those other pedals work with their current cords and circuitry.

But as vetteguy said above, you have to use the circuitry of another controller to get another new pedal to operate. So youwould have to strip down another controller that has a working analog axis and put that into the spare pedal set and hook up the clutch pedal mechanism to it with some levers or push rods. It's a custom build so you will have to invent the mechanical mechanism part yourself.

Alternatively you could hijack one of the buttons in your working wheel controller and run two wires down from it down to the extra pedal set. Then put a contact switch into the extra pedal and connect those two wires to it. So when you press the clutch, the button is essentially pressed because you're shorting out the contacts coming from the button. Although with this method you will have to open up your working wheel to get to the button, so if you're not very confident with wiring or pulling apart electronic consumer goods then you should get some help from someone to do this.
Also this would only give you a digital clutch, but really .... an analog clutch is not totally needed. There is no great advantage to be able to hold the clutch out half way in most car games. Clutch is either on or off in most cases. I never find myself "riding the clutch" it just burns out anyway in LFS. Taking off at race start is just a "drop the clutch" process for me.

Sure there is nothing wrong with an analog clutch, just if you want a quick solution then a spare button diverted to the floor might be all you need.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG