The online racing simulator
Congrats fail!
Quote from anttt69 :tbh it doesn't. If the object of LFS is to drive a million K's then yes he has accomplished a goal. As it is not, then he has not??
If it was his own personal goal to drive a million virtual K's then yes he has achieved his goal.
So i guess what im trying to say is, in order to achieve you must have a set goal or milestone to achieve in the first place.

2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Who's to say what his or anyone elses goal (or something) was? For me personaly as a UK resident 1,000,000 km means bugger all , having said that maybe in his own country the Km is king ..and so you can pretty much take it as a given that passing 1 million ( of what ever unit you care to measure distance with... miles or kilometers is an achievement )
LFSW - driven distance for FM-Failure : 1000475 km ,finally reached it.
Quote from DoC_uk :2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Who's to say what his or anyone elses goal (or something) was? For me personaly as a UK resident 1,000,000 km means bugger all , having said that maybe in his own country the Km is king ..and so you can pretty much take it as a given that passing 1 million ( of what ever unit you care to measure distance with... miles or kilometers is an achievement )

it would be more of a milestone in the game itself... i doubt he has ever set out on reaching 100k... it just happens. He just happened to be the frist to reach it.

So what if we enjoy oval racing? It's part of LFS and it's an awesome teamwork event track.

I love the hating posts, some people are just that unhappy in life that they can't post something positive or don't post at all. (not directed at Doc)
hmmmmm brain failure ??
congratz Failure!

PD: If he wants to do 32142531539135031531068310831068 laps to oval, is his problem, I think. Is boring but...

GOOGOGOGO Faiiiil!
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :0,0066845813446703832938943033997781 AU (Astronomical Units) he drove, thats 0.0022% distance from sun to pluto

EDIT: corrected

AU is the distance between sun and earth.

Anyway, it is sad to see so many ppl to complain about reaching this milestone.

Well I am pretty sure Failure never had the goal to drive 1000000 km,
but it very simply shows a dedication to lfs, that many of you are missing.
Of course a lot was driven at the oval with fast cars but it is not about the oval, it is about the game.

This thread was not a poll and no one was asking for your opinion.
It is these flaming posts that give this forum a bad taste in general.
Rather than flaming, you should be happy that there are ppl with such a love to the game.

So congrats Fail.

PS: I wonder if there will be ever a second player to reach 1000000km.
I give credit where credit is due, and he has for sure earned it. On a more personal note, he is a great guy from the times we have spent on FM's vent years ago, I'm sure he still is just as awesome today.
It's funny that we're saying it's a milestone, when the big round number is in kilometers. Shouldn't we be calling it a kilometerstone?
Quote from Danke :It's funny that we're saying it's a milestone, when the big round number is in kilometers. Shouldn't we be calling it a kilometerstone?

Minds were blown.
Wow, the universe didn't implode?
I wore the paper bag over my head for nothing!?

=/
Quote from Bob Smith :...long scale billion or a short scale billion...

what? :dunce:

...to google I go.
Here are some interesting facts about this thread so far:

24.1% had positive comments
11.4% had negative comments
1.4% did not have an opinion
4.3% attempted the use of humour in their remarks
58.9% moved away from the subject of congratulating Mr Failure
28.6% will add up the % and find out they don't add up
0.0% mentioned that Mr Failure started off as a demo racer who liked to drift
18.4% believe that Mr Failure is an AI driver made up by Mr Scawen to promote oval racing

and finally, 100% of these % are purely made up and have been independently verified by the accounting firm of Noah Parken & Zack Lee Wright.

ken gronk
Quote from ultrataco :what? :dunce:

...to google I go.

American Billion = Short Scale Billion = 1000x1million = 1,000,000,000
British Billion = Long Scale Billion = 1millionx1million= 1,000,000,000,000

Or it might be the other way around, I'm not sure
Quote from Bob Smith :People aren't scientifically minded enough.

It's not 1,000,000 km, it's either 1.0x10^9 m or 1.0 gm.

upper case G actually
as in drivermakers-giga or G-Unit or G-String
Quote from J@tko :American Billion = Short Scale Billion = 1000x1million = 1,000,000,000
British Billion = Long Scale Billion = 1millionx1million= 1,000,000,000,000

Or it might be the other way around, I'm not sure

Nope you right ..

american billion easy

english billion a proper hard billion to get

b4 i get jumped on and gangbanged ..its just a lil joke .. i think americans are great , and i love their billion
Why was I not taught this in school?

edit:
Quote from Elderado :...
58.9% moved away from the subject of congratulating Mr Failure

sorry about that.

congrats to Failure for not living up to his name (at least not in LFS, I guess. I have no idea who he is). Maybe someday I will be a Failure, too.

edit:
Although he has failed to show up in this thread...
What is it about ovals that instantly lowers more than half of the motorsports community's IQ by 100 :rolleyes:

Quote from [DUcK] :some people don't give oval the respect it desevers.. but on lfs oval is pretty easy tbh. nontheless, he actually is a reasonably fast driver on other combo's, so he's not a complete failure

Kyoto Oval is one of the worst ovals I've ever driven on...seriously, the track is a pissing hatchet job.

1. Not enough banking
2. Uneven turns (especially that freak of a T3)
3. Too small to be a superspeedway, and too large to be an intermediate.

The result? Boring. Bring in a proper oval like Darlington, Daytona or Talladega then we'll be talking. Besides then? Well...oval racing in LFS with be horribly boring (unless that I-SCAR stock car mod can make a difference)

Quote from Aid :on oval where u simply draft and naturally expect driver next to you go tighter/wider is correct technique but on tracks you have to know where and when you are allowed to throw your car in.

I've always found overtaking on circuits to be both exhilerating and boring at once. It's usually at the same corners that people pass (unless someone makes a mistake or noobs are racing against pros), and it's almost always about outbraking someone. Beyond that, it's all follow the leader and out hotlapping someone (which is fun in it's own way I guess :shrug

Yeh, fun in technical corners. But I'd prefer to have a constant overtaking opportunities that you would ONLY get on the oval thank you very much

Just a personal taste. Want to burn me for it? Go ahead, not like any amount of neanderthal insults is really going to make your arguments more valid. (And I have yet to hear a valid, intelligent, and objective argument against ovals)

Quote from Aid :i could write 10 pages now about differencies in oval and track racing but can't be bothered tbh. fact is if you drive on track like you would on oval and shovel people off your way with your car in place you have not right to be in, you are a crasher.. simple.

Since when is oval racing about shoving people out of the way?

Quote from 5haz :Racing on an oval requires a suprising amount of skill...

...dodging all the imbeciles who can't even race on ovals without crashing. :chairs:

Yes...I bet more than half of the oval bashers cant even completely a single lap in a giant pack without screwing up. (Emphasis on giant pack instead of hotlapping). Would explain why the Kyoto 500 practice sessions are always a massive fail.

Quote from 5haz :And I doubt Tristan would be jealous of him, judging by what he gets up to at weekends. :rolleyes:

Meh, tristan will be tristan, whether or not he will be intentioanlly dense is completely up to him.
Quote from ultrataco :Why was I not taught this in school?

Coz it's not really true these days.

Technically J@tko is correct, but the British long scale billion hasn't been used for years. I doubt many in here are old enough to have used or even heard of the long scale version. I'm an old git (born in the 60's) and to me a billion has always been 1,000 million.

Anyway, what's with all this 1 million Kilo-metre nonsense. A real achievement would be 1 million miles, now that's a real mans measurement
I refer to a thousand million as a milliard. I think that's long scale.

I don't recognise 1,000,000,000 as a billion.
Quote from tristancliffe :I refer to a thousand million as a milliard. I think that's long scale.

I don't recognise 1,000,000,000 as a billion.

That's quite odd to be honest with you. I know milliard is still used on the continent, but here in dear old blighty it's not really a term you'd hear much outside of the capitals financial district. But then again, i guess we are become much more "European" as each day passes.. unless of course, you'd like to confess in public that you're not actually an engineer, but are infact, a st - (chortle) a... stock broker. .. or even worse....French...

Anyway, generally speaking, in the UK a billion has officially been 1,000 million since the early 70's, so perhaps it's another pounds v's kilo, miles v's kilometre thing. The world has moved on, but the UK is perpetually stuck in 1966...now where did i put my bowler hat.
Quote from Mazz4200 :
Anyway, what's with all this 1 million Kilo-metre nonsense. A real achievement would be 1 million miles, now that's a real mans measurement

That raises another question: You use miles in the UK? I always thought you were metric, but then I noticed on Top Gear they use miles per hour.

We're going the wrong way! America (and anyone else using imperial) should switch to metric. It's so much easier. Every thing is in 10s. I imagine it would be frustrating and confusing to go from metric to imperial.

I hate to keep changing the subject, but I think this thread lost it long ago.
I get the impression you don't use the whole imperial system over there anymore anyway,

Oldies here weigh things in ounces, pounds, stone, hundredweights and tons. Everything in the US seems to be weighed in pounds.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG