The online racing simulator
Is it really possible LFS 3D?
(14 posts, started )
I've been thinking any possibility of 3D glasses in LFS for a while. After a google search I found this : "OLYMPUS POWER3D"

It is a kit package. The aim is enhancing 3D view environment for standard LCD monitors. This product is sold only at Japanese domestic market. Maybe Japanese friends could be tested this product and share their experiments.

If you have a 3D glasses, try the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiUvqIY2hEs

Comments please..
I already have enough headaches, thank you.
Quote from spankmeyer :I already have enough headaches, thank you.

Don't worry Scawen, it'll never catch on. Oops!
#4 - CSU1
Whaaaa!

spankmeyer = scawen
Yes, it's easily possible to do that in LFS. You just need to install the iZ3D driver and put on your red/cyan glasses and you'll be able to play LFS in 3D. I already tried that, but it's just not nice to look at for a long time. If you really want to play LFS in 3D, without getting a serious headache, I think you need the new Nvidia glasses with the matching monitor.
might be what you are looking for
Quote from aimbottle :Yes, it's easily possible to do that in LFS. You just need to install the iZ3D driver and put on your red/cyan glasses and you'll be able to play LFS in 3D. I already tried that, but it's just not nice to look at for a long time. If you really want to play LFS in 3D, without getting a serious headache, I think you need the new Nvidia glasses with the matching monitor.

Thanks for the info.

Quote from breadfan : might be what you are looking for

I got the message.
Quote from AndRand :anybody tried these?

Yeah, I had them for my old CRT monitor. The effect is amazing... it really is great - playing GTA3 was like watching a real toy car in my monitor. I never tried it on LFS (it was ages ago).

My set were for CRTs, I think the main difference with the LCD ones is due to polarisation (if I can put it that vaguely!). I'm not convinced LCDs are fast enough to produce an effect as good as CRTs though.

brain the size of a planet and they make me watch clouds
Quote from Shotglass :brain the size of a planet and they make me watch clouds

HAahahahahaaaa!!! :ices_rofl
there's also the Nvidia ones. You need 120Hz Refresh rate. CRT's are fine but since LCD's are stuck at 60Hz you will need to get a new LCD that's able to do 120Hz, just make sure its compatible with the 3D vision thing. From what I have been reading about it, it seems as if its pretty good goggles. I don't know how they well they do with LFS since not all games can do it. Linky: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Overview.html

I tried the free iZ3D with the Red/Cyan in World of Warcraft a couple months back. Works rather well but it lacks colours, probably because I was using their free drivers.

I wonder why would a webcam be needed(top of the monitor).
Even if it could somehow view thru that helmet(or w/e it is lol), how would that poor little girl be able to look up? Look how she holds to the joystick so she doesn't fall from the chair...

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG