The online racing simulator
i failed when i started playing i want him to pop his head into the forum or this thread for a day or two
People aren't scientifically minded enough.

It's not 1,000,000 km, it's either 1.0x10^9 m or 1.0 gm.
Viva La NO LIFE!

Congratulations to Failure. :tired:
Quote from Bob Smith :People aren't scientifically minded enough.

and that means what to arent very scientifacly minded
For example: I have won 1x10^9 dollars in lottery.
My point is if you're going to use km of m to take off three zeros, why not just use gm to take off all 9? Better to be consistent than mismatch two approaches.
alright, a billion metres then, 1,000,000,000m . any better?
Quote from Fuse5 :alright, a billion metres then

That's ambiguous unless you speciyy whether that's a long scale billion or a short scale billion.

1,000,000,000m is fine though.
Quote from shaun463 :For all that are being negative about Failure, could YOU achieve any of the wonderful things that he has achieved?

How do you perceive driving a million virtual Km's as an achievement?
Quote from anttt69 :How do you perceive driving a million virtual Km's as an achievement?

Achievement --

1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Think that answers your question

Good job Failure on your achievement
This thread is about as ironic as youtube commenters saying the vid poster has no life, yet their life consists of sitting on the internet insulting others?

Congrats on a big milestone. The car service is free at 1,000,000 kms right?
Quote from Bob Smith :People aren't scientifically minded enough.

The point of 1 000 000 km is that we can relate to it easier. We have a much better ideia of what 1 000 000 km is than 1Gm is even if its less scientifically correct. Or better yet, 25times around Earth.

Anyway, Failure: 1000390 Km Congrats Not only for that but for most finished races, wins and laps. Congrats
Although that kind of distance is impressive, I think this is a good opportunity to point out the silliness of placing so much significance on specific, round values of measure.

Case in point, is 1000000 km really all that much more special than 999999 km? Furthermore, 1000000 km is equal to ~621371.19 miles. Not so nice and round, but also no less significant. What if we used some other base besides base 10? 1000000 km has a different value entirely in base 16.
0,000000000105700083402462 ly

congretulations to such a succes
please ban him at 999k
Quote from Forbin :I think this is a good opportunity to point out the silliness of placing so much significance on specific, round values of measure.

Agreed. +100
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from Bob Smith :Agreed. +100

why +100 and not +99?
I think this is a good opportunity to point out the silliness of placing so much significance on specific, round values of measure.

Grats Failure, you're nuts and we like it!
Quote from lococost :why +100 and not +99?
I think this is a good opportunity to point out the silliness of placing so much significance on specific, round values of measure.

Grats Failure, you're nuts and we like it!

Lool
Quote from DoC_uk :Achievement --

1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Think that answers your question

tbh it doesn't. If the object of LFS is to drive a million K's then yes he has accomplished a goal. As it is not, then he has not??
If it was his own personal goal to drive a million virtual K's then yes he has achieved his goal.
So i guess what im trying to say is, in order to achieve you must have a set goal or milestone to achieve in the first place.
Quote from lococost :I think this is a good opportunity to point out the silliness of placing so much significance on specific, round values of measure.

Your sarcasm detector is broken.
So does mine then
Sorry
0,0066845813446703832938943033997781 AU (Astronomical Units) he drove, thats 0.0022% distance from sun to pluto

EDIT: corrected

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG