The online racing simulator
#1 - Woyta
shifting neutral with sequential gearbox
In real cars i possible to shift neutral when you pusch both padles. This option could be helpfull in some situations.
Can you make reference to which cars? I don't know any cars that can do this (not that i've tried holding both at the same time before)
Which type of sequential gearbox ? Computer controlled ?
FYI, the only car in LFS with a sequential gearbox + paddles is the BF1, all other sequentially shifted cars are actually simulating a sequential gearstick, where it is impossible to engage both the up and downshift at the same time.
#5 - Woyta
Quote from XCNuse :Can you make reference to which cars? I don't know any cars that can do this (not that i've tried holding both at the same time before)

Only padles:
Lamborgini Gallardo.

Gearstick:
BMW M3 with SMG have padles and gearstick.
Gearstick Function:
Left: Neutral
Right: Switching manual/ automatic
Front/back: Down/UP

http://www.kaps.cz/temp/news_paragraph_right_zoom_786_1.jpg
So, in a Gallardo, when you pusch both paddles at the same time the gearbox goes into neutral ?

Interesting. I'll look for more info. 
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from Woyta :In real cars i possible to shift neutral when you pusch both padles. This option could be helpfull in some situations.

why would you want to do this? you could also just clutch.

Quote from carey : I’d rather have a neutral button (that could only be engaged whilst in first gear).

and why - if you want to do it at all - would you want it to be only possible from the first gear?
#8 - Joe93
Quote from carey : I’d rather have a neutral button (that could only be engaged whilst in first gear).

If that was the case you would just down shift to neutral

I personally dont see the function of this suggestion, what good would it do?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
#9 - Woyta
Quote from Bandit77 :why would you want to do this? you could also just clutch.

In some siuations (after accident, etc) you need downshift lot of gears (from 6 to 1 or R)
But this is real!
Race cars with seq. gearbox must shift down one by one, like a bike!
Quote from Joe93 :If that was the case you would just down shift to neutral

I personally dont see the function of this suggestion, what good would it do?

Real race cars with sequential transmissions do not allow you to downshift past 1st gear. You always have to pull a lever or push a button or pull a cord for neutral. Same for road cars. Sometimes it's pulling both paddles (really bad idea IMO), but most modern sequentials have a stick on the center console that has a neutral setting just like an auto box.

I always try to put the car in neutral when I spin in LFS. I would like a neutral button of some kind. Though, if I had a clutch pedal I'd just use that.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Can't you just push the clutch ? Instant neutral transmission...
Get a button for clutch if you don't afford a clutch pedal.
Quote from Woyta :In some siuations (after accident, etc) you need downshift lot of gears (from 6 to 1 or R)

If you have a accident when you are in 6th gear (over 200kmph), you don't need to get back to first gear, you need to get back to the pits in the Shift+P way.
Quote from gxgung :If you have a accident when you are in 6th gear (over 200kmph), you don't need to get back to first gear, you need to get back to the pits in the Shift+P way.

After spin without damage. In race somebody can hit you in a back in high speed corner.

Shift+P = End of race for you.
good idea, but i dont think now is the time to add it
Big update is comig. This is only small function. This does not need lot of coding.
So why not?
i guess you are right, but even a day of time delayed will make some selfish noobs go crazy!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG