The online racing simulator
It's so difficult! *cries*
(37 posts, started )
On topic:
Joining a 15+ server may not lead to much improvement now. 1stly focus on off-line and then get someone to train you on-line in an empty server.

Off topic:
12 deaths now ... And the swine flu ......
swine flu is notn much over here
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :Tell me if I’m being an ignorant western ar$e, but how’s the news coverage over there (as wasn‘t the extent of the sars virus initially covered up?). In Britain people pretend they’re free, but we’re the most watched nation on earth! Also I apologise in advanced if this conversation causes you any unnecessary waterboarding.

Really? I thought god (that’s your imaginary friend and not mine), was punishing the Mexicans for the incredibly bloody drug war they’ve got going on, the Scots for the dozen years of poor leadership they’ve graced the UK with, plus Harry ‘pothead’ actors for being involved in ripping-off just about every fantasy novel you care to mention and the singer from N-Dubz for lowering the bar of an already awful music industry.

lol i agree with everything you said...people here in massachusetts dont have much to do with any of that
Quote from carey :Tell me if I'm being an ignorant western ar$e, but how's the news coverage over there (as wasn't the extent of the sars virus initially covered up?). In Britain people pretend they're free, but we're the most watched nation on earth! Also I apologise in advanced if this conversation causes you any unnecessary waterboarding.

Feel very free to start conversations. The only thing in your post that makes me feel bad is the word "waterboarding" itself. The name of the "punishment" reminds me of some terrible things.

SARS extension was covered up in the early days, resulting canard spreading across the country. You could hear stories like "Peking blockaded" everyday. It got better after some days and real ( at least more realistic than canards ) news came.

The media seems to work well these days reporting swine flu / pneumonic plague. But your can never take everything you hear as uncontrolled free info, this is real life ...

BTW, the Chinese government ban YouTube, ban FaceBook, ban college forums A-Z, ban site α, ban www.β, ban γ, ban δ, ban ε, etc., etc. I'm really glad that they don't ban Google.
Quote from Keling :Feel very free to start conversations. The only thing in your post that makes me feel bad is the word "waterboarding" itself. The name of the "punishment" reminds me of some terrible things.

SARS extension was covered up in the early days, resulting canard spreading across the country. You could hear stories like "Peking blockaded" everyday. It got better after some days and real ( at least more realistic than canards ) news came.

The media seems to work well these days reporting swine flu / pneumonic plague. But your can never take everything you hear as uncontrolled free info, this is real life ...

BTW, the Chinese government ban YouTube, ban FaceBook, ban college forums A-Z, ban site α, ban www.β, ban γ, ban δ, ban ε, etc., etc. I'm really glad that they don't ban Google.

I heard that they banned some stuff from google because of some government stuff.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
On topic
Quote from Ash196 :......
I had problems driving on dirt in the Rallyx drive. It just proves how little driving experience I have (in the real world and in LFS) when I say that I honestly thought driving on mud and driving on the road would have little difference in the handling of a car. How wrong I was. (For those who are theorists or who know how things affect cars, why is this the case? I always want to know how different things affect cars, because I can then try to change my approach while taking into account what is physically happening with the car.)

The first thing is overall grip drop. You have to "calculate" your speed/line in another way when grip changes. LFS rallycross tracks have a lot of tarmac sections, making things more complex.

A important issue related to grip is slip angle. You need much higher slip angle on gravel ( Or sand/mud. "Gravel" is a widely abused word. ) The car becomes very "progressive", and it'll be difficult to find the limit. Besides, a very high slip angle means the car's front is pointing to the inside of the corner. You have to know where the car is actually moving towards. High slip angle also lead to high resistance, so you need a lot of power to maintain your speed while cornering.

Gravel sections are also very bumpy in most cases.

Off topic
Quote from carey :......
ignore the fact that everyone hates them
at least China has recognised their population problem
but that doesn't make up for your crap motorcycles !

- Not everyone, I should say. The education system is doing well on this.
- Recognised long long ago, but the progress will be longer.
- Motorcycles ? Not only "crappy" ! This is a VERY big problem in south/east China and some South Asia countries. Don't know why ~ ( Thankfully, very few crap bikes in my town. )
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Can we get away from slagging off each others countrys and get back to helping the OP who came here to this LFS racing forum!

I think you do have to drive over the limit to find the edge of the cars capabilities, but the best way to get quicker laps at any combo is to work the other way and go form slower times and keep trying faster and faster apex speeds until you hit your taget lap times, however you need to mentally learn the track until you can lap confidently and in total control of the car.

If you join a populated server and ask for help, depending on the server you should get some good advice, its also good to spectate some of the cars to watch how others deal with overtaking (lines etc) I find its easyer to learn from driving with others than on my own

By all means pop into the T7R Teamserver if you see it in the list I feel confidant that any one of our members would gladly spectate you and give live feedback and advice

The best advice in this thread was "get a FF wheel"

Good luck

SD.
If you can't do the overtaking lessons at first, no worries, they are hard as hell.
Just try to drive slowly behind the slowest car, study his line for some laps. Then you can start to find a place to overtake.

Anyway, you got the right attitude to become a real good lfs racer in some time!
Good luck and have fun in your further way through LFS.
Welcome ash
im not much further than you.... just 5mths old
so take courage bro

see u on the track....
I used to think of driving "over the limit" involving a spin or going off the track. But I think the best way for me to look at it now is just braking slightly too late, or carrying too much speed and getting unwanted oversteer or understeer, maybe missing an apex - that sort of thing. So you can definitely learn from things like this, and can drive over the limit without actually going off track or spinning out. So if you define it in that way, I would definitely say yes it's something most of us do when learning. But I do agree it's better to learn by gradually pushing up against your limits and then maybe stepping over them slightly, rather than just going as fast as possible immediately when you don't really know what you're doing. I just find that frustrating more than anything
#36 - Zay
Quote from MadCat360 :Hello and welcome.

Right now, I'd say the best thing you can do is keep doing.

However, the best thing to do is keep doing, but it would be even better to keep doing with a wheel.

This is the best cheap one:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from= ... _sacat=See-All-Categories

60 pounds on Ebay and free postage. Don't worry, it will work perfectly for the PC with a driver download even though it says PS2/PS3. Try to convince your parents that it will help you practice for the real world driving and ultimately make you safer. They might help out.

Once you're comfortable driving with the wheel and doing sub-1:45 laps that are smooth, then you can really focus on nitty gritty techniques.

yes,this wheel would be a good one,but he said he was very limited on money,so he should look into a wheel more like the logitech wingman formula force gp.it will surly last him until he has the money to buy a better wheel, but this wheel will still hold up for a very long time,just like all logiteck wheels
Quote from Michael Denham :I used to think of driving "over the limit" involving a spin or going off the track. But I think the best way for me to look at it now is just braking slightly too late, or carrying too much speed and getting unwanted oversteer or understeer, maybe missing an apex - that sort of thing. ...

+1 for this !

The first time I went to an amateur rally training program, my coach told me : "A lot of 'racing fans' think racers drive between shame & death, and glory is in the middle. However, real racers drive between being slow and being slow, and being fast is in the middle."

It's so difficult! *cries*
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG