The online racing simulator
is anyone having this problem
(11 posts, started )
hey guys new here but i was wondering if anyone was having problems with finding a sever with someone on playing.bout a week sence ive seen someone on s2.it pulls up all the servers but no one is on except on the demo.

illepall
If you don't have patch U, make sure you download & install it from the official site. Also, check your server filters. LFS has become more popular than ever with the latest set of patches and the new car so there definitely should be plenty of servers up.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=downloads
I think you are definitely connecting with the wrong patch.

It was funny. I connected to Q today to look at my pings and there were about 10 demo servers running with some of them full! They weren't on there drifting either, actual racing. I could understand someone drifting liking the old patch or something, but racing?
#4 - SamH
Quote from mrodgers :I think you are definitely connecting with the wrong patch.

It was funny. I connected to Q today to look at my pings and there were about 10 demo servers running with some of them full! They weren't on there drifting either, actual racing. I could understand someone drifting liking the old patch or something, but racing?

I'm thinking: home-served demo servers; fingers off the pulse, not watching the forums or the website; unaware the rest of us have graduated to a new class; wondering where all the servers in the list have gone... joining whatever is left.

We should get in there and let them know where all the servers went, and get them back up to speed by visiting the site and upgrading. I'm sure many demo users don't catch on to the fact that S2 is alpha and is therefore likely to progress.

[EDIT] Well that was a waste of time. Those people are beyond stupid. There's 25 P2 and Q demo servers running, where there were 170 just 2 weeks ago, and they're oblivious to the fact that the server list is diminishing. And when you tell them WHY it's diminishing, they can't get it in their heads! Ya gotta laugh!
#5 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :I think you are definitely connecting with the wrong patch.

heck, i prefer drifting with the new patch!
#6 - JTM29
Yeh im the same, the tires seem to last longer
#7 - KeMoT
#8 - Krane
The new patch email doesn't reach everybody or they just forget it, that's why LFS should tell you when there's a new official patch out... it has been suggested on the improvement forums
Quote : that's why LFS should tell you when there's a new official patch out.

It should download and setup the patch automatically, all online software should do this as a matter of course.

It only took me two days to write a patching system for my use that supports compression (just shy of .zip compression) and even automatically uploads the project for me via an extra command line prompt and built in mini-ftp+script engine. It really isn't hard to do.

I doubt it would suite the devs tastes, but they could have mine as a stop gap if they want it.
Quote from 6bolttsi :hey guys new here but i was wondering if anyone was having problems with finding a sever with someone on playing.bout a week sence ive seen someone on s2.it pulls up all the servers but no one is on except on the demo.

illepall

If you can only see demo servers, then that means you have the 'DEMO' tab/button selected at the top when you goto get server lists. Try selecting the 'S2' tab/button before getting the server list. Other than that the other guys are probably right about the patch.
Quote from SamH :[EDIT] Well that was a waste of time. Those people are beyond stupid. There's 25 P2 and Q demo servers running, where there were 170 just 2 weeks ago, and they're oblivious to the fact that the server list is diminishing. And when you tell them WHY it's diminishing, they can't get it in their heads! Ya gotta laugh!

Hehe, I thought the same thing as I was connected to one of the full demo servers and told them. I asked why they were racing an old patch... No response. I told them there was a new patch with new physics... No response other than "restart race" illepall .

Quote from Becky :It should download and setup the patch automatically, all online software should do this as a matter of course.

Absolutely not!!! Nothing is worse than starting a program that starts to autodownload updates when you are on dialup!!! The patch was 27 mb. That would have taken 5-6 hours for me to download if it did it automatically. Luckily I'm at work when LFS gets updated so I can download in a matter of minutes on a thumbdrive and take it home.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG