The online racing simulator
When will lfs.net be updated?
(27 posts, started )
Maybe because there's nothing much happening. The last update was to apologise for the delay with the Scirocco patch on December 15th (so only 3/4 of a year ) and since then there's not a whole lot happened outside of bug testing and minor patch updates.

And it's not fair to expect the guys to keep an eye on all the competitions and post the results up, they do actually have lives outside of LFS too
Alltho I agree on the part that they have a life outside LFS, I wouldn't mind if they tok themself 10 minutes of their life to update LFS.net with current situation. Even a message like :

"We're still alive and kicking. The delay of Scirocco has taken longer than first excpeted. This due to various improvment to the car, in addition to some big changes in the game. We will not spoil the fun or reveal what this means, but we expect to come back later this year with a good release"

Even a simple message like that would look better than completely sillence.
I quite agree. A little update on the main site would be nice to have
Well as far i remember lfs.net got a update together with S2 Launch.
so i think we will need to look for S3 to get a update
We're getting test patches, that means Scawen is working. It's not like he's suddenly dropped off the planet or anything.

And you want him to take time out to update and say that there's no updates? What's wrong with you people?
Quote from Dajmin :We're getting test patches, that means Scawen is working. It's not like he's suddenly dropped off the planet or anything.

And you want him to take time out to update and say that there's no updates? What's wrong with you people?

After all the forum trolling you do you don't know who is the webmaster and who does what.
"Soon"
You certainly have been baiting the hook a lot lately Bob
The team said they expected some good releases this year, so soon is fairly correct to say. We know there will be a update / anounchment this year, we just don't know when.
If it turns out we do not hear anything this year that devs had shot themself in the foot imo.
Quote from The Very End :The team said they expected some good releases this year, so soon is fairly correct to say. We know there will be a update / anounchment this year, we just don't know when.
If it turns out we do not hear anything this year that devs had shot themself in the foot imo.

you know that bob is not allowed to say more....
By "soon" it's clearly just speculations from his side, aswell as our side We don't know when the next update will be, but we belive it's soon going to happend, and I guess that's why he wrote that. He don't know, as he has stated before, but answering the topic by saying soon.
At least that's what I think
Also iRacing have done there VWS car already when we had about 1/2 year jump on them which shows you something most of already know.
Again, the reason for the delay is not because of the car I think, it's the things that comes with it in the patch yet to be released. So the reason the delay is probally because of a good patch (hopefully)
well yea the car was ready while ago tbh but i don't see why they should wait to keep the car for a big patch when most of us are bored to hell with this game already, most thing we need at the moment is new tracks more then car but then again you get people coming on screaming for the most stupid comments about little feature that won't even know have been implanted kinda like the slipstreaming feature i did not see that was on the list when it came out with a new patch.
Hehe, I agree on one point there, tracks is more wished than cars now. But I think it's easier to make cars than tracks / time consuming

When that is said, there are still a lot of racing going on, but there is a lot of the veterans that start getting a little tired of the old tracks, there has been no new track enviroment since 05 if I remember correct? It's .. uhm, over 4 years now

One more thing, I think the reason why the car was delayed was to implent some physics change, aswell some other stuff. I have no clue, and I won't speculate too much. Sure, I am dying for some more info about this, and I usually hangs around LFS too much by the reason I'm waiting for updates, but as soon there is something I know there will be a SMS telling me that there has been an update to LFS
Quote from rc10racer :like the slipstreaming feature i did not see that was on the list when it came out with a new patch.

Ever since I have beenplaying LFS has had slip streaming. Though IIRC in one of the patches there was a note about the force of slipstreaming being reduced. Can't remember exactly though.

In regards to LFS being updated -
Summer holidays - check
No updates for a while - check
Multiple threads repeating the same questions - check.

LFS progress has always been relativly slow. We know the devs are still alive, Victor has posted on here recently and the test patches are being updated by Scawen. They announced earlier this year that they hope to have an update later this year, so be patient and wait. Just think of the Guiness advert, good things come to those who wait
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from rc10racer :Go look in the iRacing thread and you will be corrected.

Lol, they even cant update the website.....
Quote from hotmail :Lol, they even cant update the website.....

Well neither can Scavier.. Not everyone comes to lfsforum and the ppl that does not visit here are wondering what's going on.

Active lfsforum users doesn't need updates on lfs site though.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Well neither can Scavier.. Not everyone comes to lfsforum and the ppl that does not visit here are wondering what's going on.

Active lfsforum users doesn't need updates on lfs site though.

no, you are right , but like scavier explaned ealier this year, that is the way how they want to do it. i think the are many of us that really feel like thats not the right way. but we need to life with it
the update is 'soon' in the same way GT5 is coming 'soon.' Wow, who know 2 great sims having something in common. They just aren't getting things done quick enough!
Quote from hotmail :Lol, they even cant update the website.....

Yes, haha a lot at iRacing.com. The last ten news-bullets in the members-section of the iRacing.com service are dated:

12/8, 12/8, 11/8, 10/8, 7/8, 4/8, 3/8, 31/8, 29/8, 29/8

During which time, by the way, two new cars a new software build were released.

So yeah, judging from the fact that they haven't updated their website since yesterday, I would say they're pretty much incapable of updating their website.
Quote from evans :Yes, haha a lot at iRacing.com. The last ten news-bullets in the members-section of the iRacing.com service are dated:

12/8, 12/8, 11/8, 10/8, 7/8, 4/8, 3/8, 31/8, 29/8, 29/8

During which time, by the way, two new cars a new software build were released.

So yeah, judging from the fact that they haven't updated their website since yesterday, I would say they're pretty much incapable of updating their website.

I think you TOTALY missed my point here.

as you can see in this threat people where saying that everybody that doesnt know this forum, or is here often. doesnt know what is going on.

Well i think i made the perfect example from iracing. i only know iracing.com. the OFFICIAL website. so i got the illusion / conclusion that its not there.!!!!!!!!!

I dont think that wierd or is it >???????
Quote from hotmail :I think you TOTALY missed my point here.

as you can see in this threat people where saying that everybody that doesnt know this forum, or is here often. doesnt know what is going on.

Well i think i made the perfect example from iracing. i only know iracing.com. the OFFICIAL website. so i got the illusion / conclusion that its not there.!!!!!!!!!

I dont think that wierd or is it >???????

Well their official website displays the Lotus 79, which was released just over a week ago. There's a news item as well that's just two days old.

Whatever your point was, it was based on nothing but air.

When will lfs.net be updated?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG