The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from anttt69 :Glad to see the Jetta released.
also I saw this:

Save 50% on your membership for a limited time. Purchase the iRacing F1 package and get a six month membership PLUS the Lotus 79 for only $60.

Offer good for new accounts only.

What exactly is the F1 package? Just the lotus, or are they throwing in a classic track to?

"six month membership PLUS the Lotus 79 for only $60."
The VW Jetta is ready now..

August 12,2009 - VW Jetta TDI Now Available

Whether you dream of racing in the SCCA Pro Series Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup series or you want to compete in the iRacing Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup series and enjoy the fun of driving the first front-wheel-drive car to join iRacing’s inventory, the VW Jetta TDI is the machine for you.

With a turbocharged, intercooled two liter engine that puts out 168 bhp and 280 ft/lb of torque, the Jetta TDI has all the performance you could ask from a small sedan. It’s all available now, for $15.00, at iRacing.com.
it handles similarly to the roadcar, except its a ton faster . obviously its no lotus 79.
Anyone got tips on uploading HD videos at 60fps? I can't even get it to run smoothly at 30fps after uploading. It looks perfectly fine before being uploaded to youtube... I used virtuadub and xVid Mpeg4 codec @ 2 detail.
even though i uploaded a 30fps video, it is on youtube hovering between 48-51 fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Mz5HRb58M
:O 100% fixed setups?!?

TO ROAD ATLANTA!!!!!!
Quote from Gabkicks :Anyone got tips on uploading HD videos at 60fps? I can't even get it to run smoothly at 30fps after uploading. It looks perfectly fine before being uploaded to youtube... I used virtuadub and xVid Mpeg4 codec @ 2 detail.
even though i uploaded a 30fps video, it is on youtube hovering between 48-51 fps.

http://www.h264encoder.com/

Give that a try.
Quote from spanks ::O 100% fixed setups?!?

TO ROAD ATLANTA!!!!!!

I hope so. then people will have no excuses fixed setups ftw

thx uncle benny, I'll give it a try!
Here's to hoping the Jetta series will be very competitive. Same cars, same setups - no excuses and hopefully a lot of close racing
well my optimal is a 1:07.6...but I've yet to run quicker than a 1:08.3

I had a lap going that would have been a 08.0 or maybe even 07..but I choked badly lol so it was an 08.3

Turn 1 is a complete mystery to me.
oh jeez

WOW that is awesome

It's got the Jake logo on it and everything, I can't wait.
Quote from Jertje :Here's to hoping the Jetta series will be very competitive. Same cars, same setups - no excuses and hopefully a lot of close racing

Here's to hoping that it will finally shut up those whiners about setups and how they give unfair advantage.

And on positive note, Jetta is friggin' awesome bucket of fun!
If various different driving styles are forced to use the same setup, no doubt it won't take long for someone to claim it suits someone else's style more. Yay!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :If various different driving styles are forced to use the same setup, no doubt it won't take long for someone to claim it suits someone else's style more. Yay!

Bawww. Adaptability is a driver skill
Quote from anttt69 :Glad to see the Jetta released.
also I saw this:

Save 50% on your membership for a limited time. Purchase the iRacing F1 package and get a six month membership PLUS the Lotus 79 for only $60.

Offer good for new accounts only.

What exactly is the F1 package? Just the lotus, or are they throwing in a classic track to?

Just the Lotus, but the 6 month subscription includes $25 to buy extra content.
Quote from Jertje :"six month membership PLUS the Lotus 79 for only $60."

edit: just read the above post :doh:

Thx for the info, could someone post up the calender for the Lotus, Skippy & Jetta. This offer is a good one, infact the best offer so far me thinks.
Is there a championship that uses VIR (or a n other good track) twice & maybe Laguna in the same season?

As you can see i'm another one of my value for money scouting missions .
Quote from anttt69 :edit: just read the above post :doh:

Thx for the info, could someone post up the calender for the Lotus, Skippy & Jetta. This offer is a good one, infact the best offer so far me thinks.
Is there a championship that uses VIR (or a nother good track) twice & maybe Laguna in the same season?

Skip Barber is on Virginia Full this week...end later on in the season, again on Virginia North. Jetta also has a race there on Virginia Long... No one is in the same week...

F Mazda has two races there...one at Vir Full and one on Vir West..

Riley is also there once..and Radical once..and Lotus 79 F1..

You could also buy the great Sebring. Skip Barber is there two times and the Jetta once.... No more races on Sebring in the F1 79 this season.. Imo Virginia is the track to rent.. ...

Schedule is attached
Attached files
iRacing 2009 Season 3 schedule.zip - 4.8 KB - 222 views
Did they scrap the "win 15$ (?) credit for a season win in a series" thing?
Quote from DaveWS :Did they scrap the "win 15$ (?) credit for a season win in a series" thing?

2 seasons ago yes. I had won 2 series 2 seasons ago and when they stopped doing it.
Quote from DaveWS :Did they scrap the "win 15$ (?) credit for a season win in a series" thing?

Yeah it was just a one time experiment it seems. They've moved on to the pro series with real prizes I believe.

The jetta series now has a real life racing seat up for grabs..

They're moving on to bigger and better things it seems.

Lol first lap out in the jetta after being stuck at mid 108's all day yesterday I run a 107.789. It is so hard to tell if you're driving too hard...this car is gonna be tough to master.

Optimal is down at a 107.5 something. It'll be interesting to see just how quick someone will be able to toss this thing around. If you get into a slide the car pushes way wide and straightens out..so you really got to keep the car in line. It'll also be interesting to see how much the draft affects these cars. Even though its cut in half that is still a long straight away down to the chicane.
you mean at Road Atlanta?
Yeah road Atlanta. I don't know road America at all..should be interesting.

I just blasted around RA short with the lotus...just a little different than the jetta at 47.9
Quote from richard dk :

You could also buy the great Sebring. Skip Barber is there two times and the Jetta once.... No more races on Sebring in the F1 79 this season.. Imo Virginia is the track to rent.. ...

Schedule is attached

Thx Richard .

Quote from spanks :Yeah it was just a one time experiment it seems. They've moved on to the pro series with real prizes I believe.

The jetta series now has a real life racing seat up for grabs..

Are there any age/location constraints on the Jetta seat?
you have to be 26 or under. i forget the minimum age...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG