The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I know this is stupid to ask, but does anyone have a good Daytona set for the CoT?

I know its a long shot, but the set I have is not that great (Pro series demands alot).
Go break it! It'll give me an excuse to fire up the sim again and throw that car around

I already did my Pro race for this week, so now I'm just going to race whatever car I feel like at the moment - focusing on one car got me bored last season and I never went anywhere, so now I'll focus on every car =D

So break that time, the more times we have to take turns to break it, the merrier!
Quote from Crommi :I'm not a big fan of subscription based games, so I was going into beta with intentions to just try for a month and probably then come back to LFS. I was also very sceptical about laser-scanning because it was hyped up to heavens by their marketing department, but as it turns out the tracks are very high quality and it's the first title where I really have to take bumps and road camber into consideration.

Physics, driving feels very natural but we're still missing plenty of features like complete gearbox model, aero & mechanical damage, brake temperatures ect ect....

The main reason why I haven't raced any other sims since getting into iRacing is the quality of competition. Safety Rating system really works and while everyone is racing hard, no one is pushing you off to walls or weaving across the track. Never seen anyone drive in wrong direction or park their cars on track with intentions of causing a wreck.

In short, I went into iRacing not wanting to like it but sim managed to convince me to stay for a year and I've recently subscibed for another full year.

sounds pretty much the same that i've found it though i haven't managed to actually use it much due to life getting in the way
Quote from PMD9409 :I know this is stupid to ask, but does anyone have a good Daytona set for the CoT?

I know its a long shot, but the set I have is not that great (Pro series demands alot).

only got a good set for the Silverado m8, sorry
Quote from Jertje :Go break it! It'll give me an excuse to fire up the sim again and throw that car around

I already did my Pro race for this week, so now I'm just going to race whatever car I feel like at the moment - focusing on one car got me bored last season and I never went anywhere, so now I'll focus on every car =D

So break that time, the more times we have to take turns to break it, the merrier!

Oh you're on...I've already hit a few turns on off laps that sent my little +/- time down a couple tenths. I was just doing a few laps and got drug away from the computer...I will be back

I also have trouble avoiding doing huge nasty drifts all over lime rock. This car holds a slide easier than anything...even easier than Lfs lol.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img ... acingsim2009080722020.jpg

Well this screwed me royally hard. This sent me barely into the grass right after this for a 1x...so I guess the lap is invalid for the competition.

If you want to open that bit of grass up for fair game then I'm down with that It actually slowed me down..its not a good thing to do.

My optimal is down to a 54.5xx. The hardest part on the track is turn 2 and 3...it seems like it should be so easy but it makes or breaks a good lap and is so difficult to do properly.

Turn 2 you have to fly it in there on the chip in 2nd..then get on the gas early but still set your line up so you can get through turn 3 without lifting. If you have to lift for 3 the lap is dead.

I actually made it through the last turn flat once at speed but it was slower by a little. I clipped the inside of the curb right at the apex and it gave me the extra rotation to stay flat out. The best is to breath the gas right at the bottom of the hill on turn in. I think the combination of lifting + going down hill right there gives the front end a ton of extra grip. Its almost like you have to square it off though for the out lap and then make it wide and smooth for the hot lap. One is good for mph and the other is good for time.

This is fun Jeroen...this is the kind of thing I love to do We seem to be pretty evenly matched at most tracks too
The little bit of grass is fair game if unintended

It is indeed also what I love - I'll get my coffee and breakfast and get out there again at last =D

Edit: Well, I squeezed out a 54.536 after a couple of laps, missing out on 0.15 in one sector, but that time will be quite hard to find
Anyone have a truck set for Lowes for the new build?
any LFS people won a pro race yet?
Ha ha... I`m almost dead last in that Riley. The car is not my cup of tea..
I`m 3 or 4 sec. slower than Huttu. My one and only race was even worse. I damaged my steering in an accident on lap 2 in T1 and then had problems with turning to the left.. I then had lap times 5-6 sec slower than Huttu..

I don`t belong at the Pro level in the Riley.... I`m not fast in that car and really no time to improve.. Only one race time per week fits me..and thats on saturday at 20.00 GMT..
Quote from StableX :any LFS people won a pro race yet?

3rd in DP, and 3rd in CoT

Good enough?
Quote from PMD9409 :3rd in DP, and 3rd in CoT

Good enough?

We don't consider losing "good enough"
Quote from PMD9409 :3rd in DP, and 3rd in CoT

Good enough?

Thats fantastic mate..... not easy in the level of skill I have seen by some... particularly as thats in both disciplines, thats awesome!
ROFL... I'm a little shocked they chose the DP rather than the radical or the Lotus... for the Pro Series.....
maybe the fact it's so different to drive is the reason they picked it for the pro series? if it was easy to drive it wouldn't be as much of a challenge . i can understand what you mean though, i've tried it a few times and given up each time as it's just so different in feel to the mazda, radical and now the lotus. one thing it does do is reward drivers that are accurate and consistent so maybe it really is a suitable car for the pro series after all.
Quote from tinvek :maybe the fact it's so different to drive is the reason they picked it for the pro series? if it was easy to drive it wouldn't be as much of a challenge . i can understand what you mean though, i've tried it a few times and given up each time as it's just so different in feel to the mazda, radical and now the lotus. one thing it does do is reward drivers that are accurate and consistent so maybe it really is a suitable car for the pro series after all.

It's the easiest car in iR.

http://members.iracing.com/ifo ... readID=46226&tstart=0
Quote from richard dk :I don`t belong at the Pro level in the Riley.... I`m not fast in that car and really no time to improve.. Only one race time per week fits me..and thats on saturday at 20.00 GMT..

I'm in a same situation, on VIR I'm 4-5 seconds off the pace while on Mazda I'm usually within 1 second of the fastest guys. If results are not improving, I'll probably jump back to Mazda or Radical for next season instead of giving away 100 rating per race.
Richard Towler is to iRacing as Tristan is to LFS

And I greatly enjoy reading everything they have to say.
Quote from Quint999 :I can beat that , i was the car behind you, bar the people that disconnected i was the actual last car in the DP Pro splits on Saturday

I was doing ok until half way, probably could have finished 15th ish and the cars werent that spread out from 10 -15 . Had a lap where lost all concentration, blew 2 or 3 spots and 40 odd seconds followed by a puncture just after the pits, so a whole lap trundling round. In my haste to get out from the puncture, got black flagged for speeding, all the way round ,back to the pits again , lapped twice in the end.

First and last race in that bloody horrible thing

Hind? I saw it all then. I didn`t knew why you slowed down...a puncture..I never tried that..

My goal was not to be last and I just managed it..

@Samuli. We should take another car for the rest of the Pro series..
I would prefer the Radical over the DP...
Glad to see the Jetta released.
also I saw this:

Save 50% on your membership for a limited time. Purchase the iRacing F1 package and get a six month membership PLUS the Lotus 79 for only $60.

Offer good for new accounts only.

What exactly is the F1 package? Just the lotus, or are they throwing in a classic track to?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG