The online racing simulator
g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
Boys, boys. It was just a bit of fun! Though it is broken... and now resides in Texas, with all the other sickly Xboxes. Though, one day an owner will send in a fellow broken console to be fixed and in exchange my console will taste freedom again. And cake.

Seriously though, for the record, this is the 2nd time this has happened, and both times the Xbox only lasted about a year.

Next time this happens, I'm told by one of my friends that a new mounting system for the CPU and GPU heat sink will cure it (since mine will probably be out of warranty by then). He tried it and it worked for him. I know dudes that have gone through more than 10 consoles. I've also heard horror stories on forums about 20+ consoles, but I don't believe that.

As far as I can work out, it's really the only big flaw with the 360. Everything else is fantastic, which is why I'm bothering to fix it.
Quote from MadCat360 :As far as I can work out, it's really the only big flaw with the 360. Everything else is fantastic, which is why I'm bothering to fix it.

So a massive meltdown of the console more frequently than not is a tolerate-able flaw. I suppose you'd also tolerate driving to work for a week with a blown engine, only 3rd gear and 3 tires too?

Will you guys not realize that the Xbox is so broken, that after all this time and they "think" they "might" have it fixed that it might be time to move onto something decent?

Also, somehow I can believe the 20+ console stories too, as I personally know someone (a former friend as he did buy an Xbox) who went through 15 of them in 2 years.

Whatever, if you're all content with eating whatever shit Microsoft feeds you, don't complain that your breath stinks.

IMO the Xbox would be the bigger chore, lugging it into a shipping box every month for a RROD return. Gaming experience doesn't matter when you can only experience that when everything is perfect in the universe.. else it will explode. I'd sacrifice a bit of "experience" for a piece of hardware that will work without dying for longer than a few weeks. Call me a fanboy if you'd like (I know your wrong, as only a true fanboy would come back to something that fails so often, yet swear to it like it's the second coming of Christ), but I atleast have a console that works.
You know what is funny?

in last gen, the PS2 was the faulty one, (DRE's anyone? I went through 4 PS2's all in warranty, and I know a bloke who went through 9.), and was the more sold one. Xbox was rock solid when it comes to build, and was trailing in second.

How the tides turn eh?
Like I said, 3 years, one failure.

I can only go by my personal experiance, and I don't think 1 failure in 3 years is worth dumping the system.

But keep on with your MS / xbox bashing crusade Dustin, seems to be working well for you
I had a PS1, PSone, PS2, and now a PS3...

The only one that went was my PS1, I turned it off after about 2 months straight with a lovely burning smell.. never tried it again (maybe it did work?). I had a Disk Read Error on my PS2, but I fixed it (along with my Girlfriends Brothers PS2) in about 10 minutes.
Quote from danowat :Like I said, 3 years, one failure.

I can only go by my personal experiance, and I don't think 1 failure in 3 years is worth dumping the system.

But keep on with your MS / xbox bashing crusade Dustin, seems to be working well for you

Maybe I'm picky, but I think 1 failure in general isn't really acceptable, especially when the only reason they fail is pure negligence so they could beat Nintendo and Sony's release dates.

At least I didn't buy a broken piece of crap.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Maybe I'm picky, but I think 1 failure in general isn't really acceptable, especially when the only reason they fail is pure negligence so they could beat Nintendo and Sony's release dates.

At least I didn't buy a broken piece of crap.

Yawn, is the failure thing the only thing you've got in the arsenal Dustin?

Come on man, be creative
The PS3 breaks if you frequently switch between DVD and Bluray. It's a known issue, the thing isn't invincible. The laser gets misaligned and needs to be sorted. It also seems to randomly give people the yellow light of death - I've read a load of posts over the last few months about this happening to people for no reason. And Sony has no repair policy in place, so it's go to a local place and hope they can fix it, or deal with a £300 paperweight. It might have taken them a while, but MS' 3 year warranty and free repair was a ballsy move.

No console is perfect, and no fanboy is going to admit that their has a problem. Thankfully I'm not a fanboy and am a grown up, so I don't mind admitting that the thing I like has issues. Hell, I love my car and it has issues too. Does it make me like it less? No. Does it still do the job I want it to do? Yes it does. Argument over.
Fanboys, like Dustin, don't understand that, anything that is different to them they find threatening, any flaw they dig their nails into it and never let go, i.e. the failure thing that gets trawled out day in day out.

I am a GAMES fan, which is why we have a 360, a PS3, a Wii, a couple of DS etc etc, I really couldn't give a crap WHO makes the console, as long as it has the games I want to play on it.

I have owned tons of consoles in the past, Sega, MS, Sony, and have enjoyed them all.

I enjoy my PS3 time, but I prefer the 360, no crime in that
Quote from danowat :Yawn, is the failure thing the only thing you've got in the arsenal Dustin?

Come on man, be creative

Well... Yeah. Only becuase it's such a huge ****ing flaw. It's pure stupidity on Microsofts behalf, and it was only to try to beat a console that came out more than a year after the 360 did. Maybe if they took 6 months to rectify it and then launch it, I'd have different opinions but their greed to release it before everyone else is the biggest reason why this is an issue. It took them almost 3 years to even put out a "new" model that "fixed" the RROD's (but didn't actually, and were prone to new errors as well). So it's nearly 5 years (yes.. 5 years) after the fact and these issues still exist.

That's not a "mistake"... that's a huge ****ing blunder that should tarnish the Xbox name (and make everyone avoid it like the plague)... Sadly this universe is filled with too many morons with their heads up their asses (or they're 12) and want a 360 when there are 3 better alternatives (PC/Mac, PS3, Wii).

I also fail to see how I'm a fanboy. I'm not the one that's clinging and defending something with a flaw larger than a fat girls waistline.
It's cool to hate Microsoft irrationally, don't you know. All the cool kids are doing it.

"Swearing - for people too stupid to think of a better word" (I forgot who the original words were from, and this is paraphrased anyway).
Quote from tristancliffe :It's cool to hate Microsoft irrationally, don't you know. All the cool kids are doing it.

"Swearing - for people too stupid to think of a better word" (I forgot who the original words were from, and this is paraphrased anyway).

Except I hate Microsoft quite rationally. Would you go out and buy a car, knowing you have a 1/6 chance of it just dying on you (or more dramatic: epic explosion!?) after driving a few hundred KM? I think not.

The swearing thing is mostly for dramatic effect. Take them out and it adds nothing to the text, other than those cute asterisks.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Snip...

Wheres the creativity Dustin?, come on man, come up with something new, that record is getting really, really scratched.

Quote from tristancliffe :It's cool to hate Microsoft irrationally, don't you know. All the cool kids are doing it.

Is it?, so thats why my daughter says I am "uncool"
Fine, breaking news heard first here...

XBOX 360 CAUSED THE HOLOCAUST! HITLER COULDN'T GET ON XBOX LIVE BECAUSE THE LATEST SYSTEM UPDATE SCREWED UP HIS HDMI SO HE NEEDED SOMETHING TO DO!

/thread <or replace it with some clip from Der Untergang/The Downfall>
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except I hate Microsoft quite rationally. Would you go out and buy a car, knowing you have a 1/6 chance of it just dying on you (or more dramatic: epic explosion!?) after driving a few hundred KM? I think not.

The swearing thing is mostly for dramatic effect. Take them out and it adds nothing to the text, other than those cute asterisks.

Everyone buys a car that might go wrong. Some do it more than others. The electronic revolution is quite a bit younger than the mechanical one, so you could say that 30 years after their 'invention' cars weren't reliable too.

But of course, you won't accept anything that says MS products aren't total rubbish. That makes it irrational. Look at all you've posted and you'll see it. You've gone mad, and can't see any perspective on the topic.

Edit: Topic of updates screwing things up - Apple are pretty notorious for bricking things with firmware/software updates. See how irrational your hatred for MS is now... No, I thought you wouldn't.
Quote from tristancliffe :Edit: Topic of updates screwing things up - Apple are pretty notorious for bricking things with firmware/software updates. See how irrational your hatred for MS is now... No, I thought you wouldn't.

Really? I've updated shit-tonnes of Apple stuff and none of it has gotten bricked. The only people I've heard that brick stuff is by doing unsupported modifications which **** with core system files. Can't really fault Apple for users being retarded.

I still hate MS, becuase they suck (AND THEY KILLED JEWS!)
First of all, it was actually almost a 33% failure rate, so it'd be 1 in 3
Secondly, people buy Italian cars all the time so obviously they do exactly that

Thirdly, it happened because MS rushed the design to get it out before the PS3. In hindsight it was unnecessary because the PS3 was delayed anyway, but that's why it happened.

Now guess what, it happened. Get over it. It doesn't happen with the new models, and MS replace (100% free of charge) any consoles it happens to up to 3 years after purchase. A plan which cost them in excess of $1 million. That's called admitting your mistake and doing something about it. Any new 360 you buy now will have the standard acceptable failure rate of less than 4%, same as the Wii and PS3. It's passed.

Sometimes I think the PS3 fanboys are so bored with their own consoles that they need to drag up a 2.5 year old argument to feel superior.

It's time to move on, guys.
Dajmin has hit the nail on the head.

The 360's reliability is much better now, and with all new 360's now having an extended 3 year warranty, you wont need to worry about replacing it for a very long time.
Seriously can everyone stop having a war.. He asked about using the g25 on the xbox 360 yet u lot cant help but start a war between each console..

I already posted a way it might be possible.. this thing lets u program each button and analog of the xbox 360 control, for example say, the left analog, to turn left etc.. Not sure if it works with G25 but its used for Keyboards and mouses on the xbox, I have read that someone has used their MOMO with it, but yeah, abit expensive..

Edit- http://cgi.ebay.com/XIM360-Mou ... &_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Image of how it works
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hey look.. I've had a PS3 for 2 or so and mines failed...

Not at all, and I leave mine running 24/7 basically.

When third parties haffto put out external cooling, and even to the extremes as replacement cases... there's a fundamental flaw. Anyone can see that, but clearly as you guys have your heads too far up Microsoft's asses to realize that, there's no point in trying to reason.

I fail to see how this is fanboy crap... I'm stating how insane it is that Microsoft can even sell a console with that sort of failure rate. People who buy them after all these issues are a clear case of consumer stupidity (and blindness to better, more reliable alternatives.)

I guess the adage of "You get what you pay for" is true, too bad Xbox users are cheap as ****, and don't realize that once you buy all the "addons" -- which is a heavily ironic phrase with the 360, as the addons that you can buy turn it into an almost usable console. Try having a 360 without a HD... it's basically useless even with a memory stick. -- that it actually costs more than the PS3 does.

FFS go troll on another forum. You are such a pathetic fanboy.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
What?

How about reposting that in English?
Quote from danowat :What?

How about reposting that in English?

Basically i think he means he has a modded xbox and can play pirated games
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I gave up on the first post after I reached the third sentence I couldn't understand. That has even less to do with the topic than the war against PS3

Thing is, why do you need so many backups? I've got 3 year old 360 games sitting there that have had the hell played out of them and still work perfectly. Perhaps you're a little clumsy. Maybe the drug-taking that inspired the first post is taking it's toll. Would also explain the rambling.

And they might be backups (yeah, right), but they're still illegal. That "unauthorised copying" still applies to you. Likewise, modding the console is against the TOS and MS will slap a permaban on your console - not your XBL account, the console itself - if they catch you.
Quote from Wenom :not pirated

BACKUPS

umm, say it on finnish? maybe i can translate

g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG