The online racing simulator
g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
Quote from Dajmin :Multiplatform titles are usually fairly even across the two. Early on it used to be that the 360 ones were smoother for online, but these days there's very little difference.

360 has Halo 3, PS3 has KZ2.
360 has Gears, PS3 has Uncharted. Different styles, but still both good 3rd-person titles
360 has Forza, PS3 has GT.
Not sure the 360 has anything like LBP, but then the PS3 doesn't have anything like Dead Rising or Crackdown.

I have both, so I'm pretty neutral on the whole debate, but the online experience is far more reliable on the 360 IMO. I keep randomly timing out on PSN in the middle of games. And the PS3 doesn't come with a bundled headset.

But then again, the 360 doesn't have anything like this

what about ninja gaiden, whats the replacer of that awsome ninja thingy and huge amount of difficulity?
Quote from batteryy :what about ninja gaiden, whats the replacer of that awsome ninja thingy and huge amount of difficulity?

Ninja Gaiden is available on both 360 (Black) and PS3 (Sigma) although NG2 is 360 only. I guess God of War 3 would be the counter.
what are all of the racing games that the ps3 has?
Quote from Dajmin :Ninja Gaiden is available on both 360 (Black) and PS3 (Sigma) although NG2 is 360 only. I guess God of War 3 would be the counter.

yeh, i hope wed get GOW 3. ive really enjoyed the first 2 on ps2 but now i dont have it
Quote from logitekg25 :what are all of the racing games that the ps3 has?

Exclusives? As far as I know just Ferrari Challenge, GT5P, F1 Championship 2008, Ridge Racer 7 and Motorstorm. With Supercar Challenge about to come out in the next couple of months.

But there might be more. I don't pay that much attention since they're usually crap arcade jobs
Quote from jibber :The PS3 is like a really hot woman, perfect tits, ass and blowjob lips. But she's terrible in bed and doesn't know any good "games" to play.

The xbox on the other hand, is like a mediocre normal looking woman. A little noisy and annoying sometimes, but great fun in bed.

I say Dustin never had good sex in his life.

Isn't that why I sneak around with the Macs? Still absolutely stunning, but open to just about everything and is a right handful in bed.

Quote from logitekg25 :the g25 as many may know, is not compatable with the xbox 360, this is because of a feud the two manufacturers had a while back, and they are being babys about it. if they just come to an agreement, then they will BOTH make more money . for the reason of the g25 not being able to run on the xbox i want a ps3 more now, but that does not have many racing games at all. is there ANY way that i can get the logitech g25 to work with the xbox 360 if i get one

It may be possible, but with no FFB ofc, Basicly this thing lets u program each button and analog of the xbox 360 control, for example say, the left analog, to turn left etc.. Not sure if it works with G25 but its used for Keyboards and mouses on the xbox, I have read that someone has used their MOMO with it, but yeah, abit expensive..

Edit- http://cgi.ebay.com/XIM360-Mou ... &_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Image of how it works
I have both, but I prefer the xbox.
im not talking about the 'exclusives' but EVERY racing gamei know there is gt5p but that has crap physics
Most games are getting released for both consoles, except for the exclusive titles like GT5 and Forza 3 etc.

I don't agree that GT5P has "crap physics". They are not the best, but certainly some of the best, if not THE best physics for any racing game on the PS3. Ferrari Challenge does a few things better, but loses to GT5P in other areas. Both titles are worlds better than GT4 (which was a big FAIL).

Think about it this way...

If you get a PS3, you can play most racing games with the G25, including GT5, but you'll miss out on Forza 3.

If you get an xbox, you'll have to spend money on a Fanatec wheel (equivalent to G25 on PS3, most likely), you can play most racing games with the... but miss out on GT5.

The biggest question is: Do you plan on playing online with your friends? With which friends do you expect to be playing most of the time? What console do they have?
i will be playing online with atleast 1 friend, maybe a few more, the game i will be online with that friend is cod4 or 5, and another friend if he gets the xbox i will be racing with. (assuming i get the xbox) but i am where the physics are, so is forza 2 really good (i like the cars in it a lot ) howabout compared to gt5 (i was basing the physics off of gt4) what has the best physics? i might end up parting the fanatec wheel and shifter with the logitech peddels, because i doubt they are much better
Jesus, everything you're asking has been answered before. What do you want us to say, really? "Go buy an Xbox360! NOW!!" ? We can't make the decision for you, it's something you should do. And it shouldn't be that hard, either! Plus, google is your friend.
I'd advise you look at the Forza 2, Forza 3 or GT5 threads if you want info on those. But my opinions go like this:
I much prefer playing Forza 2 with a pad than GT5P. It feels like it was designed with the pad in mind, while GT5 feels like it was designed for a wheel and the pad controls were an afterthought. But they're pretty evenly matched in terms of believable driving physics.
I have returned to GT5p in the last few days, and compared to Forza, it's not bad.

They do feel very different, neither has "shit" physics, but Forza feels much, much more visceral in terms of car feel than GT5p does, GT5p feels a bit "clinical".

Also, the sound in GT5p is TERRIBLE, but boy, it looks AMAZING.

If Forza 3 looks anywhere near as good as GT5p, AND has the same visceral feeling that 2 does, GT5 will have a huge fight on its hands.
No it won't.

Xbox users will be too busy returning their consoles for the umpteenth time for a RROD, that nobody will ever get to play Forza 3.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :No it won't.

Xbox users will be too busy returning their consoles for the umpteenth time for a RROD, that nobody will ever get to play Forza 3.

Yawn, change the record Dustin.

Forza 3 is looking like its going to wee all over GT5 from a great height, its got PD running scared so much that they are now trying to hype up GT5's phantom release date.

FTR, I'll buy both Forza 3 and GT5, because I am a sucker for a racing game
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No it won't.

Bwahahaha, my Xbox just broke, but it'll be back in time for F3! Bwahahaha. Shows you.
Quote from MadCat360 :Bwahahaha, my Xbox just broke, but it'll be back in time for F3! Bwahahaha. Shows you.

Shows me? How so... Just because I have a PS3 that won't break under normal operating conditions due to a serious design flaw to rush out the piece of crap before everyone else? The same flaw that took them 2 years of RROD's and bitching for them to even attempt to fix and even then it's not perfect?

Knowing Xboxes.. it'll RROD again before Forza 3 comes out.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Shows me? How so... Just because I have a PS3 that won't break under normal operating conditions due to a serious design flaw to rush out the piece of crap before everyone else? The same flaw that took them 2 years of RROD's and bitching for them to even attempt to fix and even then it's not perfect?

Knowing Xboxes.. it'll RROD again before Forza 3 comes out.

Just one thing. A mate of mine had his PS3 die for no reason. He kept it in a cool room and only used it for about an hour a day.

I have both as well and the Xbox is better
Quote from Luke.S :Just one thing. A mate of mine had his PS3 die for no reason. He kept it in a cool room and only used it for about an hour a day.

I have both as well and the Xbox is better

And I had a friend that stood in one place for a 30 years, and one day he got squished by a piano.

That's about how pertinent your story was to the rest of the discussion. Just because one dies here and there doesn't make Xbox better. Especially when they have a failure rate of 1 in 6. One in six That means that if you go into a shop... 1/6 of those will RROD by using it as a normal console.

That'd be like buying a set of tires knowing that driving like a normal sensible human being, 1 of them will blowout by going the speed limit down a normal road after 100 KM.

Would you ever buy tires like that? Then why would you buy a console that has the same failure qualities.

Its the same old crap that PS3 fanboys trundle out, over and over again.

I have had a 360 for nearly 3 years, and in that time my console has gone wrong ONCE, IMO, that ain't bad going, considering it was fixed for free, and turned round in about a week.
Hey look.. I've had a PS3 for 2 or so and mines failed...

Not at all, and I leave mine running 24/7 basically.

When third parties haffto put out external cooling, and even to the extremes as replacement cases... there's a fundamental flaw. Anyone can see that, but clearly as you guys have your heads too far up Microsoft's asses to realize that, there's no point in trying to reason.

I fail to see how this is fanboy crap... I'm stating how insane it is that Microsoft can even sell a console with that sort of failure rate. People who buy them after all these issues are a clear case of consumer stupidity (and blindness to better, more reliable alternatives.)

I guess the adage of "You get what you pay for" is true, too bad Xbox users are cheap as ****, and don't realize that once you buy all the "addons" -- which is a heavily ironic phrase with the 360, as the addons that you can buy turn it into an almost usable console. Try having a 360 without a HD... it's basically useless even with a memory stick. -- that it actually costs more than the PS3 does.
Fanboy much?, nah!!!

Like I said, I have both, I'll agree the PS3 is a more "complete" console "out of the box", but the xbox is the better gaming system, period.

Regardless of failure rates, blah blah, its the better console for gaming on, if I had to choose my PS3 or 360, it would be the 360 every single time, without fail.

Everything on the PS3 feels like a chore, the 360 is just so streamlined for gaming, and online gaming in particular.

g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG