The online racing simulator
Return of the legend
(208 posts, started )
Quote from DevilDare :Lol...........

Too bad Senna is no more :/

if he was schumi would put him into a wall
Haha

Quote :The Williams team has opposed Ferrari's request to allow Michael Schumacher to test ahead of his return to Formula 1 at the European Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Fail!
Win I'd say. Williams acting FIA muppets.
Wait till the Schumacher fanboys come out of their hole again

Anyway, Williams is correct here. If Ferrari doesn't trust their own test drivers enough to do a good performance and need to bring back the retired schumacher... well it's their problem. Testing rules were agreed on by all teams before the season and seeing how Ferrari already went behind it with the old cars and gp2 tires I can surely imagine that there would be some parts (or setups, tweaks etc) that "needed" testing on that day too.

There are no special rules to apply here.
Fair deal to be honest.

Rules are rules, they are there and apply to everyone. No exceptions....
Just because your a multi world champion and are being referred to as a legend now, doesn't mean you can go bout everything and do what you want.

They should be happy they got away with the older model testing with the GP2 tires.....

Well done to Williams for not being scared and stopping this.....
Honestly bringing Schumi back was just a popularity stunt by Ferrari. Their seasons been crap, so why not bring him back; it can't get any worse.
Thank you Williams for bringing some sense to this mad world
To be honest I just don't get why Schumacher should be allowed to do some test if Alguersari wasn't.

After all, if Ferrari have a problem with Schum's inexperience with the modern F1s, they're still free to put Gene or Badoer into the car at Valencia
One word describes Williams. FEAR. They're afraid of Schumi that 1 single day is enough for him to beat their ass.

j/k
Quote from Töki (HUN) :One word describes Williams. FEAR. They're afraid of Schumi that 1 single day is enough for him to beat their ass.

What he said.
Quote from Nelson Piquet. Jr : I have received notice from the Renault F1 team of its intention to stop me from driving for them in the current F1 season. I want to say thanks to the small group who supported me and that I worked together at Renault F1, although it is obviously with great disappointment that I receive such news. But, at the same time, I feel a sense of relief for the end of the worst period of my career, and the possibility that I can now move on and put my career back on the right track and try to recover my reputation of a fast, winning driver. I am a team player and there are dozens of people I have worked with in my career who would vouch for my character and talent, except unfortunately the person that has had the most influence on my career in Formula 1.

Source: http://www.npiquet.com/news.asp?NewsID=336
Official: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77538
Hi Romain Grosjean!
#89 - wild
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :After all, if Ferrari have a problem with Schum's inexperience with the modern F1s, they're still free to put Gene or Badoer into the car at Valencia

Badoer and Gene dont have any practice on the '09 car neither, Felipe and Kimi were doing all the job... because of the very limited testing rules.
#91 - 5haz
It would be nice to see the FIA make an attempt at being consistant.

Truly brilliant drivers can get in any car and be on the pace almost immediately, one example being Jim Clark, if Schumacher really is as brilliant as many people make him out to be then he should be fairly near the pace from the start.
Quote from zeugnimod :What a whiner!

Briatore is a dick though so I kinda understand Piquet... It is true that Alonso was given way better conditions to race in.
Indeed....

He is comparing Webber to Piquet.... Webber has been in F1 for nearly a decade now, and only just has gotten his first win.....

Briatore is an ass
Quote from DevilDare :Indeed....

He is comparing Webber to Piquet.... Webber has been in F1 for nearly a decade now, and only just has gotten his first win.....

Briatore is an ass

Try winning in a jaguar.
Quote from evilpimp :Briatore is a dick though so I kinda understand Piquet... It is true that Alonso was given way better conditions to race in.

Agreed.

Fernando had all roast chicken, leaving bones for Piquet to bite and make himself stuffed. Briatore is an asswipe.
I have some sympathy for Piquet Jnr, but he knew what he was getting into when he signed up at Renault. If he didn't, at least his dad did.

Having said that, the results speak for themselves. Flavio may have been a bit of a bastard to Piquet, but that needn't have caused Piquet to have made as many mistakes as he did.

Return of the legend
(208 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG