The online racing simulator
5.1 Sound system
(56 posts, started )
Quote from gruggy :sweet i really think you will be very happy with them.

so what were the specs on your bose?

Hehe, funny question.
none knows, maybe with some tests, but bose never tells the wattage or whatever on their products.
But I'm happy with this, only it's not 5.1.
I think I still keep the bose, because it's just good.
and use the z5500 whenever i want. ill see.
Sorry for double post.
I just seen them for 269 euro, which seems okay for me. One thing, I have an onboard 7.1 HD shizzle sound thingy on my P5Q-E. Do I need a soundcard for it? If so, Like a good one, but not spend 300 euro on it, lol.
#28 - Jakg
You don't need one, but if your hooking it up using an analogue connection it won't hurt. Even something "cheap" like a £50 X-Fi XtremeMusic will give a fair improvement.
I can like connect all things seperate right? Because you have mid front rear and sub won the back of the PC.
Quote from Bose321 :I can like connect all things seperate right? Because you have mid front rear and sub won the back of the PC.

your even better off then me if you have a 7.1 sound card.

i can only plug two speakers and sub on my soundcard lol.

or if you have an optical port you can use an optical cable which gives you better sound and unlocks more sound options on the control pad.
hmm okay.
I don't have alot knownledge about such cables...
I hope to buy it tomorrow, I just need to trick my mom or whoever to bring me to the store .
I heard the z5500 is (almost) the best in small-ish rooms.
I think it works good for my room. It's like 3x3 meter.
Its hard to say, as Bose spends far more on marketing than research. A Z5500 will surely sound better than the Bose system though it may take a bit of tuning (usually means turn down the sub..) But that is speaking about true quality which you certainly don't have with the Bose so its hard to say what you actually like!
Just installed etc.
Via the orange green and black cables.
Sounds quite good. The bass is quite hard, I have it on 3 bars. Any higher makes the bass too high compared to the high tones.
Soon I'll buy a soundcard and connect it via optical cable
Quote from Bose321 :Just installed etc.
Via the orange green and black cables.
Sounds quite good. The bass is quite hard, I have it on 3 bars. Any higher makes the bass too high compared to the high tones.
Soon I'll buy a soundcard and connect it via optical cable

im glad your enjoying them

play this song on full subwoofer and 12 bars volume its mad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdkAqoTlNo

i found this song has heaps of punch and you will see what im on about lol.
and dance music,techno,trance go really good on these speakers as there is alot of sound and the big beats.
Quote from gruggy :im glad your enjoying them

play this song on full subwoofer and 12 bars volume its mad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdkAqoTlNo

i found this song has heaps of punch and you will see what im on about lol.
and dance music,techno,trance go really good on these speakers as there is alot of sound and the big beats.

Thanks lot, my crap felt of my desk and my ears are hurting. Good thing my mom isnt' home
And thanks again. I think my neighbours will go nuts soon. I didn't put it at max or even close to it, and i could hear the bass outside on street
Epic. Want to piss off people in ur street? Call me
#38 - Migz
Quote from G!NhO :This one is better imo, make sure you put it on HQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smvKcdgfGgg

I prefer this one, although both songs make everyshake insanely.
Although it seems extremely extremely quiet compared to my music player.

Btw BOSE theres a few hidden extra's in the control pod for the z5500's

One of them is simply twist your volume to full, then carry on twisting, you will go past full volume and you can go up to boost + 11.
Another secret is if your using the orange, green and black cables (which you are) then when you reach boost + 11, hold down the mute button and spin the volume up, this way you can get to boost +22.

This is a secret to change the skin of your z5500 pod, when its off press Input + Effect + Settings + Mute at the same time and hold them all for 6 seconds. It should flash and then you get a new skin, the off colour is now a pink instead of red. And the volume bar is replaced with a different kind of volume bar, which gives you more control at lower volumes but less control at higher volumes.
Yep I know. I tested on boost 22.
Also did the skin change (now back to normal)
And I did the Display Digital Stream Information trick
#40 - Migz
Quote from Bose321 :Yep I know. I tested on boost 22.
Also did the skin change (now back to normal)
And I did the Display Digital Stream Information trick

Fair enoughh.
I find that if you use the second skin for quite a long time, when you swap back to the normal skin, it suddenly seems much much louder. Although thats just because of the two different ways they go up in volume.

Also dont do boost 22 too much, especially when you've only just got your speakers, the z5500's need something like 3000 hours play time before they are properly warmed up, or something like that, i read it somewhere.
But yeah boost 22 for prolonged ammounts of time can damage your speakers.
Quote from Migz :Fair enoughh.
I find that if you use the second skin for quite a long time, when you swap back to the normal skin, it suddenly seems much much louder. Although thats just because of the two different ways they go up in volume.

Also dont do boost 22 too much, especially when you've only just got your speakers, the z5500's need something like 3000 hours play time before they are properly warmed up, or something like that, i read it somewhere.
But yeah boost 22 for prolonged ammounts of time can damage your speakers.

What...
*me turns off 'aint no sunshine'.

the bass in that song... Is just ridiculous... Seriosly, bass everywhere. Boost mode + full bass = epicness.
But I shall keep it down now
Yeah, great bass indeed. But all songs have epic bass now
Only downside is that people around me get mad, and that I need to put my speakers straight after all songs because of the massive vibrations
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, great bass indeed. But all songs have epic bass now
Only downside is that people around me get mad, and that I need to put my speakers straight after all songs because of the massive vibrations

haha lol thats what happens
Sorry for the bump, But I'm looking for a cheap soundcard that has optical thingy.
Clicky
Just wondering if that's any good? Because this has optical and is cheap. If anyone knows anything better, I maximum want to spend 50-60 euro on one.
Quote from Bose321 :Sorry for the bump, But I'm looking for a cheap soundcard that has optical thingy.
Clicky
Just wondering if that's any good? Because this has optical and is cheap. If anyone knows anything better, I maximum want to spend 50-60 euro on one.

There should be one on the mobo I guess.
I was just chilling around and saw this thread. Then something came into my mind ... Wonder if LFS had 5.1 sound :rolleyes:
Bumpy de bump.

Quite happy with the speakers. Just moved the subwoofer to the corner of my room instead of under my desk, sounds nice now.

Just wondering, when I change my effect from 6Ch Direct, to PLII movie of music, and watch a movie or play a game, I sometimes dont hear voices, or VERY soft. Game : NFS shift and Assassins creed (havnt tried more). Movies : almost all of them, unless sometime when I hear it loud and clear from the front.

But if I select 6ch direct, so I don't have those problems, I hear almost nothing from the rear speakers... And that's the main reason of getting a 5.1 set, to hear something from the rear speakers.

So if someone could help me out.
I also have a 5.1 sound system, and I also noticed the volume was not very loud from my rear speakers, so I found this panel and turned up the volume for those particular speakers. Try it out, see if it makes a difference.
Attached images
speaker volume.JPG
#50 - Jakg
I usually leave mine on 6 Channel, however if I'm listening to music i put it in in stereo x2 (which just puts all the stuff from the front left / right to the rears as well.

5.1 Sound system
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG