The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :Hmmmmmm.

I do love the call of duty series, many hours of fun we have had playing 'capture the butchers shop' in COD5 on Upheaval.

Dont tell me you wouldnt like to do that aswell

Anyway, from that latest trailer, it looks to me that the game has lost that CoD flare. Hence, maybe why they removed the CoD tag and just left MW2....

Oh well, still going to try it, hopefully its good.
Quote from Bose321 :Why don't they call this an expansion pack? And I thought I already killed that bold russian fag in CoD4

erm maybe cause it is a whole new story line

just with some of the same characters
Quote from DevilDare :Dont tell me you wouldnt like to do that aswell

Nah what I mean is, if I was a Russian in WW2, I don't think I would be running round shooting any Americans.
Looks pretty much the same as modern warfare 1 on high settings imho, i don't know what you guys are on about..
Quote from 5haz :Nah what I mean is, if I was a Russian in WW2, I don't think I would be running round shooting any Americans.

Nah, I meant play Russian/German in Modern Warfare. Didnt say WW2 exact
Quote from Bose321 :Why don't they call this an expansion pack? And I thought I already killed that bold russian fag in CoD4

Yeah, you killed Zakhaev but not every single ultranationalist.

"Lead by the shadow of Zakhaev."
Some new info from Power Unlimited. *Spoilers inside!!!*
Quote :Singleplayer:
- To handle the pressure, Infinity Ward put up a selective filter on community feedback, and at some point simply decided: "this is how the game is going to be."
- Both bullets and grenades now have realistic physics. Bullets will ricochet off walls and grenades will realistically fall down stairs.
- It is now possible to hold a handgun in one hand and a knife in the other, comparable to how Solid Snake holds them together in MGS3 and 4.
- There will most probably be an underwater level, since a heavily armed Navy Seal diver was shown off (as in the trailer).
- One of the levels is called 'International Cyber Space Lab'. Will CoD go into space, or is this some derelict Russian missile base?
- Bullettime is featured in the game, but will only be triggered at key points. It's not some super power which you can activate with a press of a button.
- More innocent bystanders and civilians will be present in the warzones, and though it isn't your mission, you wont be punished if you shoot them down.
- Every time you finish a level, a Challenge will be unlocked. These challenges are comparable to Horde Mode from Gears 2, only with a time element added to it. The faster you kill everyone, the higher your rank will become.
- You can play the Challenges in split screen and they will most probably be playable online as well.
- New weapons will be introduced (while some others will be dropped), and since you're part of Task Force 121, you will have access to the most advanced weaponry available.
- One example of such an advanced weapon is a gun equipped with a heartbeat sensor, which you will use in the 'snow level' to detect enemies from dozens of feet away.
- Existing weapons are completely remodelded and as such are much more detailed this time around. For example, a scope can get smudged while a red dot sight will dissappear when you aren't targeting anything.
- You can destroy much more of your environment. For example, you can shoot at a firefighters pump which will cause a huge geiser to errupt, blocking part of your sight.
- Another example: you can shoot at a gas station, which not only causes an explosion, but the gasline will then flail around like crazy while flames erupt from it.

<!!level spoilers start here!!>
- The 'snow level' takes place somewhere in Kazakhstan and is called 'Cliffhanger'.
- The level starts off with climbing a ridge which, from their description, sounds mostly scripted, though you do the climbing yourself by pressing the triggers.
- General MacTavish makes a return and is featured in this first level.
- Once you've climbed up the ridge, you will make a trek through the snow, while your sight is slightly blocked due to falling snow, so you'll have to make use of your weapons' heartbeat sensor.
- This level is described as an infiltration mission, where you have to use stealth to advance, comparable to Ghillies in the Mist from the first game.
- After a couple of stealth kills and the placement of several explosives, you get caught and are forced to trigger the explosions early. Now shit hits the fan and all hell breaks loose in true Call of Duty fare.
- During the huge firefight, with soldiers, helicopters and jets all over the place, you make your escape on the well known snowmobile, racing downhill while fighting off pursuers.

- The 'Brazil level' takes place in Favela, a shanty town in Rio de Janeiro.
- Level starts out with you sitting in a car when suddenly you get fired upon.
- You are forced to leave the vehicle, as your driver got shot and bullets are still flying all over the place.
- Your mission here is to chase down some guy while not killing him, so it's a capture mission.
- Loads of stuff happening in this level too: civilians screaming and running away, exploding cars, dead bodies everywhere, it's utter chaos.
- After shooting the target in the leg, the demo ends, which is because they haven't finished the level yet.
- Infinity Ward now uses texture streaming, which enables them to construct much bigger levels. They show this off by zooming out of the Favela level.
- The lighting is greatly improved, with much more subtle details everywhere.
- The entire level is described as having loads of detail, with lots of shacks everywhere and alleys going in every direction, as well as newspapers blowing in the wind.
- The developer hints to Favela being a multiplayer map as well.

- A third level takes place in the desert.
- You drive off to a cliff, which you will rapel down from.
- After this, you will enter a cave and fight underground.
- The scene in the cave strongly resembles the scene from the Iron Man movie where Tony Stark constructed his first suit, which is something the developer was shooting for intentionally.
- The cave consists of a seemingly endless amount of corridors, and numerous large rooms.
<!!level spoilers end here!!>

Multiplayer:
- A couple new multiplayer modes will be introduced, but they wont be revealed until after E3. All modes are completely new and have never been featured in any other game.
- New perks will be introduced.
- The riot shield will be a perk. It will be possible to carry the shield with two people, while a third shoots from behind it's cover.

And some screenshots.
http://www.actiontrip.com/features/modernwarfare2.phtml
Quote from Stiggie :Looks pretty much the same as modern warfare 1 on high settings imho, i don't know what you guys are on about..

I'm going to take that back. It sure as hell looks amazing.. and those features sound promising aswell.
i wonder if they're gonna do their usual public multiplayer beta
I hope so
-
([UKR] Race King) DELETED by [UKR] Race King
Seen the trailer. I have to see IT LOOKS BLOODY AWESOME!
I really enjoyed COD4 and it was the best COD game I've played.
and one thing i really loved about COD4 was the story line. =]

i really can't wait for the release of COD6
i pre-ordered it, im soo ready
Quote from bamabogger :i pre-ordered it, im soo ready

when i get some birthday money on september 29th i am going to pre order it
I might be nitpicking here but...
AT4s don't home on to anything. At all. And if you fired it at that angle, your ass is roast.
I'd rather wait and see how good it is before I buy it. No point wasting money on a game i won't like. If they release a PC beta, I'll be happy.
Quote from Scatter :I might be nitpicking here but...
AT4s don't home on to anything. At all. And if you fired it at that angle, your ass is roast.

COD4 wasn't really the pinnacle of realism either. If RPGs could be fired the way they can in COD4, the insurgents of Afghanistan and Iraq would have won already.

I should probably mention the weirdness of being able to shoot cleanly through brick walls, but not glass or street-poles.
Call of Duty doesn't need full realism, it's just a slick game with basic mechanics that works very well.

CoD4 is probably the slickest shooter out there. There's no other current gen shooter like it.
Quote from DTrott :Call of Duty doesn't need full realism, it's just a slick game with basic mechanics that works very well.

CoD4 is probably the slickest shooter out there. There's no other current gen shooter like it.

Mohaab is the best shooter in teh world.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm spoiled by the heavy and realistic moving/shooting in Killzone 2, so i don't think i'll be getting this. Maybe just for the single player, but for online play, Killzone 2 is my game of choice..

and a good choice it is... but realistic moving & shooting??? I think not... do you really think that it'd take a clip and a half of ammo to down a single enemy soldier irl Not reallly... and as for the moving... in reality your field of vision would be much greater and you yourself would be able to manouvre much better than the in game character does... I did really like this game, but I did think that it was made to be far too difficult for it's own good

I've played all the COD games so far and these are my thoughts:

COD (the first one on PC) - brilliant, good storyline and enough action to quell even Arnie's bloodlust.

COD2 (PC also) - an excellent follow-up to the first game and much more immersive... there were point's in this game that I actually found myself crouching down with my character as though by doing so, I wouldn't get blown away by Nazi MG's.

COD3 (PS2) - enjoyable, but not as much as the first two.

COD4 Modern Warfare (PS3) - Although a highly addictive game, this only applies to the online gameplay as the story mode, whilst had some really good bits (like the Sniper mission where you get all Ghillied up and the escape afterward) is mediocre at best.

COD World of War (PS3) - Excellent story mode, brilliant action and gore, absolutely runny dogshite when it came to the online mode, but made up for this with the highly addictive Nazi Zombie modes, which they've recently improved by adding 2 new maps for. As I beleive a few people have already mentioned, the online gameplay for this one sucks a rhinoserous' ring peice, mainly due to Treyarch making the multiplayer maps so incredibly large so that you spend the entire match looking for your first kill.

I'm really looking forward to Modern Warfare 2 (I've actually already pre-ordered it ) though and I'm glad that it's been given back to Infinity Ward for the online content as I think I wouldn't have bothered if it was given to Treyarch again

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG