The online racing simulator
LFS UK Karting Meet 2010 - preface
(114 posts, started )
Quote from mcgas001 :Hehe...come on then Jason. Where and when is the next meet?

There is a discussion going on at our forum about looking into doing it in Scotland. I am more than happy to host one again at mine, but it is someone else's turn now
Quote from jasonmatthews :There is a discussion going on at our forum about looking into doing it in Scotland. I am more than happy to host one again at mine, but it is someone else's turn now

Golspie anyone
#3 - amp88
Quote from jasonmatthews :There is a discussion going on at our forum about looking into doing it in Scotland. I am more than happy to host one again at mine, but it is someone else's turn now

Quote from Raceland Edinburgh :Private Outdoor Race Events For Groups with 70mph twin-engine pro-karts on offer on a 930metre fully floodlit outdoor International circuit this is the ultimate karting experience - extreme karting if you will!

Hmmm...

Scotland sounds good to me. bit far, but provided i get enough notice i can do it. keep me up to date on what you guys decide. i mite come join your forum and join in. Lol
That looks VERY interesting Amp, 70mph pro karts Close to Edinburgh aswell. Maybe you could give them a call and ask how long the karting is for? It says £600 for 12 people, which equates to £50 each, but it doesn't say how much track time that is?
Quote from amp88 :Hmmm...

Yep been into there for a look before, indoor and out and looks good.

Thing is, I don't think you're going to get the kind of value we got from this meet, £40 for what was like an hour and a half of karting is excellent stuff...

And yeah ok, you southeners can have the one in 2 years down in like London
Sounds good to me, fly from stansted to edinburgh FTW!
#8 - amp88
Just posted the following on the SR Forum Thread:

Quote from amp88 :Hi guys. Here's a bit more information on the Raceland karting (70mph twin-engined karts). There's an endurance event (1.5 hour race for teams of people) or a single driver event. I don't know how it compares in terms of value for money to the karting meet you just had. There are a few other possibles for karting in Scotland. ScotKart (2 centres in or near Glasgow) and Xtreme Karting are the most popular, I think.

#9 - J@tko
Scotland?
Edinburgh is only a couple hour drive for me - sounds good!

Who was it who was talking about Clay Pigeon Karting in the south west? I went there today, karts were twin engine, good top end and grippy, circuit is almost big and fast enough to race cars around, we averaged 40mph, which I don't even think we managed at the end of the straight on Saturday. And best of all, the fuel tank easily cleared my elbow! Could make for some intense racing, although we discovered 3 wide through the chicane doesn't work.

Also Craig (who seems absent from the group photo at the end - just because he only spectated doesn't mean he shouldn't have been immortalised on film) mentioned an indoor three story circuit around Manchester way, so if anyone can dig details up on that too, it sounds like a very interesting candidate for next year too.
Edinburgh!!!! down there with the Southern Softies

Bah, I would love to try and get you all up to Golspie (about 1 hour driver north of Inverness, or another 5 hours drive north of Edinburgh) but then I would imagine that many would not fancy the journey so if the next one is to be in Scotland (and I would love it to be) it's going to have to be 'down there'
Somewhere in the region of Edinburgh or Glasgow sounds good, reckon the travel would be cheap enough for a poor bastard like me.
Quote from jasonmatthews :That looks VERY interesting Amp, 70mph pro karts Close to Edinburgh aswell. Maybe you could give them a call and ask how long the karting is for? It says £600 for 12 people, which equates to £50 each, but it doesn't say how much track time that is?

There karts don't touch near 70mph, not even the racing pro-karts (i.e twin 200c engined karts) reach those speeds, yet alone the big heavy duty rental ones.

Its been years since I've been to raceland but from what I remember it's not too bad facilities wise. Although you wont get anywhere near the amount of time karting yous guys managed to get at Wales!!

You'll get better value for money doing endurance races, most karting centers you'll find in the "Grand Prix" events you don't get a huge amount of seat time.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Bah, I would love to try and get you all up to Golspie (about 1 hour driver north of Inverness, or another 5 hours drive north of Edinburgh) but then I would imagine that many would not fancy the journey so if the next one is to be in Scotland (and I would love it to be) it's going to have to be 'down there'

Golspie is an awesome track, was probably my favorite track when I raced karts!! Do the club do corporate stuff there now?
Yeah Bob, Craig (need) did mention it, and it did sound very good. Ideally we should get as many options and costings as we can in the next few days/weeks, then work out which is the best option. But we are having two convo's atm, one on our forum at SR and one here, quite confusing
Unless you're planning on organising the next meet, it doesn't make sense to discuss things away from the majority of potential attendees. Plus, this is the real forum.

So tell your team mates to post over 'ere!
Quote from keiran :
Golspie is an awesome track, was probably my favorite track when I raced karts!! Do the club do corporate stuff there now?

They have done, but the track owner changed a few years back If I remember correctly so it may have changed. Thier website is no longer (well I can't find it lately)
When is this in the planning for? Next July or sooner?
Slightly O/T bob, but you mentioned mondeo bits at the meet if i remember correctly, what bits do you need, as depending on what bits i should be able to sort something out.
Quote from Bob Smith :Unless you're planning on organising the next meet, it doesn't make sense to discuss things away from the majority of potential attendees. Plus, this is the real forum.

So tell your team mates to post over 'ere!

Well to be fair, Boothy (may aswell be SR) and CSF (SR) were discussing organising it in Scotland, that is why the convo started over there :P
#20 - CSF
And then Keith found actual prices and we were in business. Buuuuut... hmmm... is it a great idea the boothy and I trying to organise this... I mean I didn't even make it this year due to some stunning piece of shit called money and work... hmmm.... :P
Quote from amp88 :When is this in the planning for? Next July or sooner?

We normally have it around July/August, to avoid the shitty weather in this god forsaken country We then run a poll of available dates to fix the exact weekend.

TBH we were amazingly lucky, it has rained in Wales every day leading up to and after the karting. Last Saturday was the only nice day we have had.... AWESEOME!!
Quote from CSF :And then Keith found actual prices and we were in business. Buuuuut... hmmm... is it a great idea the boothy and I trying to organise this... I mean I didn't even make it this year due to some stunning piece of shit called money and work... hmmm.... :P

Don't worry Chris, when you have 30+ people travelling from around the world relying on you, including lots of moderators and developers, and the leaders of your team, knowing we know where you live, you suddenly find you HAVE to sort it all out
Quote from jasonmatthews :We normally have it around July/August, to avoid the shitty weather in this god forsaken country We then run a poll of available dates to fix the exact weekend.

TBH we were amazingly lucky, it has rained in Wales every day leading up to and after the karting. Last Saturday was the only nice day we have had.... AWESEOME!!

and we all crawled away from wales with sunburn.

People say to me "where did u go at the weekend" .. i say wales... they say "ha... Pull the other one"
#24 - CSF
Oh god no, doesn't Victor want to eat my guts for asking about the VW the other day...

<<<< RUNZ!
Quote from CSF :And then Keith found actual prices and we were in business. Buuuuut... hmmm... is it a great idea the boothy and I trying to organise this... I mean I didn't even make it this year due to some stunning piece of shit called money and work... hmmm.... :P

No I just wondered if it could be done up here having been south of the border all the previous times, so we went searching for places to kart up here!

August will be a busy time in Edinburgh due to the festivals but then again there's more stuff to do. Knowing my luck, it'll be arranged for the weekend the touring cars are up here...

(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG