The online racing simulator
Main aim of a game?
(28 posts, started )

Poll : The most important part of a game is to....

Just have fun
Go online/Multiplayer mode
Complete it
Get all achievements/Trophies
Main aim of a game?
Just bored and curious at the same time. To you guys who play games alot, what is the most important part of a game to you?
Have fun ofcourse!
Fun fun fun fun fun!

And funny, too. But fun is part of funny so maybe fun includes funny as well?
have fun
Been a long time since I played a singleplayer game, whatever Multiplayer game I pick up I seem to play it lots, then want to become the best at it, in my usual ultra competitive way.
I tend to play a game for two reasons - 1. To see the next part of the story or 2. To pretend to be the protagonist.

Competitiveness doesn't really come into it - I can't play games purely just to 'win' against the computer or others (I find that just very, very dull), which is the reason I find it very difficult to enjoy platform games or online twitch-shooters. Even when I'm playing racing games online, it's because I'm pretending to be a racing driver rather than overtly trying to win the race - the desire to win is a side-effect of pretending to be the driver.

Also it means I find it hard to enjioy a game that can't be played in a first-person view, although a good story will make up for that.
#7 - Bean0
Games need to be fun, and also have varying content if singleplayer.
Multiplayer generally gives you a different experience every time you play, so as long as the game is fun and has no real annoyances then all is good.

For completion and/or achievements, I have found that most modern games require you to do the same thing over and over (and over) again, this soon gets very boring.
My main goal is always to have fun that why i hate most shooter games they have nu fun for me
When I play a game I just wanna have fun. And I would never be good enough to be one of the bests anyway.
Usually I tries to complete them. Specially in games with some history it's thrilling to learn more of the game history and eventually complete it after revealing every hidden bits and mysteries.

After that it goes to have fun / multiplayer.
have fun/multiplayer. I'm not trying to finish, nor get all achievements in a game which is boring for me.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :My main goal is always to have fun that why i hate most shooter games they have nu fun for me

Because there are no drawwed anime girls in them?
Because that is his personal opinion about that kind of games
As much as it pains me to say it, Achievements tend to drive me in games, although the game has to be fun in the first place.

I really don't like Multiplayer games all that much.
My primary aim of a game is to finish it, but having fun doing it is a prerequisite to playing it in the first place. Once I've completed a game I generally piss about with cheat codes or alternative ways to complete it.
Don't get me wrong though, I still play games to complete or for fun, I brought 'Splosion man for the xbox this week, and its a BRILLIANT game, so much fun its crazy, never before have I laughed so much playing a game, its great.

I do like completing games, but I find the addition of achievements drives me to get the full value out of a game, take Resident Evil 5, great game, I love it, however, without the achievements I doubt I would have done the 3 (very enjoyable) playthroughs I did.
I would say that a game being fun is the main thing for me.

Once i have completed the basics of the game though, i like to start getting acheivements. For example, i'm very close to getting all of GTA4's achievements, like pidgeon huning and crook killing. I like it .
#18 - Migz
This has got to be one of the most retarded questions ever...

If a game isnt fun then why would someone play it?
If someone says they play it for the online, thats because online is fun, therfore its still because the game is fun.
If someone says they play games to get all the achievments/trohpies its either because its fun to do all the tasks to get them all, or its fun to have lots of trophies. Either way it's always because of fun.
If someone says they play it to complete it, its because its fun, they want to get through this fun game, and get intrigued by the storyline (if there is one), or they just want to have fun and complete the game.

I never hear someone going "oh i love to play this game because the multiplayer isnt fun...."
Quote from Migz :This has got to be one of the most retarded questions ever...

If a game isnt fun then why would someone play it?

Oooo, you don't know how wrong you are!!!!.

There are a certain section of the gameplaying community that purposly play really, really bad games, just so they can get the achievements from them.

They don't like the game, they are just interested in whoring achievements.
#20 - Migz
Quote from LFSn00b :

NOOOOO!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!
DAMNIT!! Id gone like an entire week without losing the game

Quote from danowat :Oooo, you don't know how wrong you are!!!!.

There are a certain section of the gameplaying community that purposly play really, really bad games, just so they can get the achievements from them.

They don't like the game, they are just interested in whoring achievements.

Yes but why do they whore achievements? Because its fun to.
Just to have fun.

If you play the kind of game that you can complete then there is no re play aspect is there, even if you complete it on every difficulty level (depending on game) once you have done it then what else is there to do??

I personally don't play those sort of games because once you have done it its over, you may as well just sell it or delete it after that.
Well, Neverwinter Nights (sp) has bucketloads of community and official addon modules to play after completing the main storyline. Yeah, playing them again can get samey, but with different playstyles it's not identical. Fun enough for a second run-through for me.
Uhmmm...

I miss the option "Mass Murder Practice".
According to some the only use of video games.
Quote from Migz :Yes but why do they whore achievements? Because its fun to.

Not sure its "fun", its more an ego / e-penis type of thing
#25 - 5haz
Quote from LFSn00b :

Grrrrr.

TBH, if you're not having fun, whats the point?

Quote from danowat :Not sure its "fun", its more an ego / e-penis type of thing

Thats just a thing that jealous people say.

Main aim of a game?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG