The online racing simulator
Marco Mark's Grid Order Mod (Alpha)
(42 posts, started )
i have win xp and i use router for internet connection so ill try to open port 29904 and we will see what will happen.

host machine is running on linux+wine so i think i would have to use autostart.cfg file there.

should i do something like that? http://www.portforward.com/eng ... Live_For_Speed_Server.htm
v0.0.1006
*** Latest download and details @ http://gridorder.lfs.marcomark.net
  • Autostart.cfg now allows setting of "Last Race" flag
  • Autostart allows setting of "Reverse Top" flag
  • Autostart allows setting of "Reverse" number
A new autostart.cfg template has been uploaded. Please remember the order of the variables must be the same as in the example.
well... i´ve done a full test of this app... and it is great! Thanks!

Now, some questions:
I´ve tested on an own server, but, how can i add it to a dedicated server running on a pc i don´t know where? i mean... i know the ip, and the insim port... but stills cant connect.... I think the only way is to run the app on that pc... but thats not really possible. The server is rented and they dont let me access the pc... is someting i can do?
Quote from Locovich :well... i´ve done a full test of this app... and it is great! Thanks!

Now, some questions:
I´ve tested on an own server, but, how can i add it to a dedicated server running on a pc i don´t know where? i mean... i know the ip, and the insim port... but stills cant connect.... I think the only way is to run the app on that pc... but thats not really possible. The server is rented and they dont let me access the pc... is someting i can do?

Yes I have found the same issue, would really like to be able to run it locally pointed to a dedicated race server that I know the IP address for.
I have the same issue with another app that I want to use.
Well there really are only 2 possible problems:

1. The SERVER's firewall is blocking the InSim port (check with your server admin) (1st box)

2. YOUR Router and/or Firewall are blocking the Listen Port (2nd box).

If you are running windows, open your Windows Firewall settings and add an Exception to ALLOW TCP PORT XXXXX and ALLOW UDP PORT XXXXX. Alternatively disable your windows firewall (or other security firewall), not recommended.

Next you need to access your Router's configuration and again open TCP/UDP traffic on that port. The exact procedure for your router and or firewall will vary but there are many sites offering tutorials on how to do this.
Is it possible to use this mod to order the grid by slowest lap?
Not currently but I am looking to expand it to a variety of different order methods and will certainly consider your suggestion.
I think most people will want to use order grid by fastest lap, but for personal grids and an AI league I'm working on, reversing the grid, so slowest lap is on pole, would be very handy!
Update v0.0.1007
Hi!

I really would like to throw an eye on it! But the download links are giving a timeout

Could you please fix it or give me a mirror?
I've a timeout too
I really need this addon this week.
Is there a mirror link?
Wow Thank you VERY much!!!
I almost serch entire internet and cant find a useful download....

Now I found it .thank you,Oliv76000!!
Oooooooooops
Apologies about the links not working. I have now updated the domain name to point to a new server so the links should start working again in the next 48 hours.

Sorry again that I haven't replied sooner but I haven't logged in for a long long time

I can only assume that the app still works.

Cheers,
Marco
#41 - Riel
in future a command-line start (without window output!) possible for use in my Linux server with wine ?

A lot of .NET apps like Lapper work perfect under MONO and lfs.exe works great under wine
did you try running it in mono? gui-based apps should work as long as there are no windows-specific calls tied to the app.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG