The online racing simulator
F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
^ Well, most F1 drivers act like teens....

Idk, if you saw how she reacted at Indy and Milwaukee last year (both times resorting to physical violence), I have a feeling she won't be in F1 very long

Current rumor is she's going to NASCAR (!)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :^ Well, most F1 drivers act like teens....

Idk, if you saw how she reacted at Indy and Milwaukee last year (both times resorting to physical violence), I have a feeling she won't be in F1 very long

ohh that is sad... i was happy until i read your post.... coz it could mean that i wont have the possibilty of having a great time while watching f1...
Quote from DieKolkrabe :

Ha good luck. You have Jamie Wincup, Mika Salo, and Jacques Villeneuve looking in...kinda difficult for her to match then, and you also have good stockcar rookies as well.

The only thing going for her now is hype, but hype won't last if you don't get results
I'd like to see Danica in F1. Just for the lols
Quote from lizardfolk :Ha good luck. You have Jamie Wincup, Mika Salo, and Jacques Villeneuve looking in...kinda difficult for her to match then, and you also have good stockcar rookies as well.

The only thing going for her now is hype, but hype won't last if you don't get results

Yea, the rumor mill is saying now she toured SHR, they're looking at giving her a drive.
BMW has quit, so where do you think there drivers will be going next year?
Kubica - One of those new teams, or Renault to replace Piquet.
Heidfeld - Williams
Quote from TexasLTU :Kubica - One of those new teams, or Renault to replace Piquet.
Heidfeld - Williams

I kinda doubt Heidfeld could get a williams seat atm. Either Rosberg goes to McLaren and Hülkenberg gets the drive or he see's that Williams might be a better option to stay in F1 (depending on Mercedes F1 standing). And I don't see 2 germans driving for Williams (in case they get rid of Nakajima).

Or am I seeing it wrong with the Weber managed Hülkenberg?
if weber manages the hulk (didn't know that) then the price williams had to pay for ralf may work against him.. williams like heidfeld and they respect him as a development driver . patrick head said it was one of the biggest mistakes he'd made when he lost him and he'd be the perfect steady driver if they could hang on to nico or gain a fast number one driver. alternatively he may replace barichello at brawn

kubica to end up at either mclaren or which ever of the renault / ferrari seats alonso isn't in if massa or kimi aren't at ferrari next year.

of course if massa isn't able to continue and if kimi is retiring, ferrari may actually need two drivers so could be alonso and kubica there together though i bet alonso wouldn't like the idea

edit just thought

how about the hulk as the young fast german guy at williams with heidfeld as the more experienced german driver leading him to future F1 triumph? heidfeld has probably realised he isn't going to be world champion so being credited as one of the influences of possibly germany's next champion might sit pretty good with him and williams gain a fast replacement for nico, a driver that knows how they work that they respect and who can communicate exactly what he means to his young team mate, they stay popular with any german sponsors that nico may have attracted and if toyota decided to pull from F1, williams would be very hard for mercedes to ignore with two german drivers needing engines
Quote from DieKolkrabe :IMO she's not a good fit in F1

Why? Because:

1. She's a female. Historically/statistically, females have not done well in F1 (Desire Wilson excepted)
2. She whines, A lot
3. She's prone to making (too many?) errors
4. Can you see her fighting a backmarker after she got taken out?
5. Could she deal with all the marketing/testing?

At #2; That's what women do :P

sry.. couldn't resist
Quote from Sponge :At #2; That's what women do :P

sry.. couldn't resist

at least then jenson wouldn't sound so bad on the team radio when he's not happy
Quote from tinvek :
how about the hulk as the young fast german guy at williams with heidfeld as the more experienced german driver leading him to future F1 triumph? heidfeld has probably realised he isn't going to be world champion so being credited as one of the influences of possibly germany's next champion might sit pretty good with him and williams gain a fast replacement for nico, a driver that knows how they work that they respect and who can communicate exactly what he means to his young team mate, they stay popular with any german sponsors that nico may have attracted and if toyota decided to pull from F1, williams would be very hard for mercedes to ignore with two german drivers needing engines

I doubt that we'll see 2 germans driving for a british team, no matter how skilled they are.
Quote from tinvek :how about the hulk as the young fast german guy at williams with heidfeld as the more experienced german driver leading him to future F1 triumph?

Depends on whether Williams still wants to be powered by Toyota engines. If they still want to run Toyota motors, then losing Kazuki Nakajima will be out of the question. Given that the difficult financial environment will probably continue into next year, I don't think Williams would want to lose their sweet deal with Toyota.

IMHO, the driver movements will be something like this:

Rosberg -> McLaren (replacing Kovalainen)
Rosberg has raced with Hamilton in the same team in karts, and they are close pals. He has stated that he's open to joining a team with better performance, and McLaren has been interested in him for a while now. McLaren has also expressed some dissatisfaction with Kovalainen's performance, and is likely to release him next season. There is potential for Rosberg and Hamilton to push each other to the benefit of the team's constructor's championship ambitions.

Hulkenberg -> promoted to a race seat at Williams
He was impressive in F3 and is sweeping the floor in GP2. If Williams doesn't snatch the guy up soon, someone else will, to Williams' loss. If Rosberg goes, then promoting Hulkenberg should be a no-brainer.

Kubica -> Renault (replacing Piquet Jnr.)
Itching for a better team, closest friends with Alonso, fast talent. Flavio has an eye for fast racing drivers. If Kubica puts his hands up for a Renault seat, I think Flavio will pick him over Grosjean.

Heidfeld -> new entrant
Quick Nick is in the declining slope of his career, and will probably go into a minnow team like most declining drivers do. Still respectably fast and perhaps the most consistent driver on the grid. Also respectable as a development driver. The combination of those three traits will be important for a new team.

Kovalainen -> new entrant
The move to McLaren destroyed his career, thanks to McLaren's bias towards Hamilton and his inability to adapt to the car. He deserves another chance. Not a bad driver, and can be quick on his day. Reasonably experienced enough to know how a top team should be run. He could be a good choice for a new team.

Piquet Jnr. -> out of F1
After his erratic performances, constant whining, and the latest slug-fest with Flavio, no team manager will want to hire him. Perhaps he will do OK in GT or Le Mans.
Heidfeld might get a drive for Brawn though hes style is extremely similar to Buttons so they can develop the car much easier.

I think Kubica will aim For Mclaren if he doesn't get it possibly Renault, and maybe Ferrari if Alonso stays at Renault, but i dont think Ferrari will settle for anyone other then a Previous WDC.

Williams could snatch up Heidfeld too but i dont really think so, nakajima might not be in the williams next year even with toyota sponsership(Williams have stated there willing to look at there engine partners next year)Hulkenburg will get a seat in williams though thats for sure.

Kovalainen at best is going back to Renault, maybe even Brawn, Williams is certianly an option as well, but he must perform for the rest of the season if he wants the Renault drive.

Bruno senna is a intresting one, the best possible team he could hope for would be Brawn, I dont think he could go to Torro Rosso though he might have to go to a New team.

My Predictions(that will most likely happen imo)
-Kubica -> Mclaren/Renault
-Kovalainen -> Williams/Renault
-Heidfeld -> Brawn/new team
-Alonso -> Ferrari/Stays
-Rosberg -> A Works team
-Senna -> Brawn/New team
-Barrichello -> Williams/ New team
-Raikkonen -> stays/Mclaren/Retires

thats most of them i think.
senna's problem now is that the very thing thats made him stand out in the past, the fact that he's risen through the ranks so fast with very little race experience. with the testing ban, he could be seen as being seriously short on expereince even compared to other younger drivers given his age makes him in F1 terms almost middle aged these days
Mustafur, your predictions are a bit odd. I doupt we'll see Senna and Heidfeld in Brawn since Jenson is going to be with Brawn for sure! :P

I think Rosberg will stick to Williams a little longer and be patient. Alonso Ferrari/Renault sounds about right. I smell a Kubica/Alonso Renault :P
Quote from Mustafur :....

i dont think that hes going back to mclaren.....

he stays with ferrari or he goes rallying..... then comes back 3years later just to replace a 43 year old 7 time world champion.........

ok ok ... i know where the door is...
Quote from evilpimp :Mustafur, your predictions are a bit odd. I doupt we'll see Senna and Heidfeld in Brawn since Jenson is going to be with Brawn for sure! :P

I think Rosberg will stick to Williams a little longer and be patient. Alonso Ferrari/Renault sounds about right. I smell a Kubica/Alonso Renault :P

No my predicitons don't mean that both drivers are going to be in that team its just the most perferred or likely outcomes for that individual driver.

Personally i have doubts over Button staying at Brawn.
Quote from el pibe :i dont think that hes going back to mclaren.....

he stays with ferrari or he goes rallying..... then comes back 3years later just to replace a 43 year old 7 time world champion.........

ok ok ... i know where the door is...

There have been numerous links with Mclaren and thats where he had hes best days imo its not an out of touch assumption.
Quote from Mustafur :
My Predictions(that will most likely happen imo)
-Kubica -> Mclaren/Renault
-Kovalainen -> Williams/Renault
-Heidfeld -> Brawn/new team
-Alonso -> Ferrari/Stays
-Rosberg -> A Works team
-Senna -> Brawn/New team
-Barrichello -> Williams/ New team

McLaren: Hamilton/?
Ferrari: Massa/Alonso
Renault: Grosjean/Di Grassi
Brawn: Button/?
Williams: Rosberg/?
Force India: Sutil/?
Toro Rosso: Alguersuari/Buemi
Red Bull: Webber/Vettel
Toyota: Trulli/Glock
Manor: ?/?
USF1: ?/?
Campos: ?/?

I personally think that's more of what we'll see on the grid next year so far. It'll probably change a bit over the course of the next few weeks or months.
Quote from wild :McLaren: Hamilton/?
Renault: Grosjean/Di Grassi
Brawn: Button/?
Williams: Rosberg/?
Force India: Sutil/?
Manor: ?/?
USF1: ?/?
Campos: ?/?

I personally think that's more of what we'll see on the grid next year so far. It'll probably change a bit over the course of the next few weeks or months.

ok ill make it a bit more simple then.(this is what i think will probably happen)
McLaren: Hamilton/Rosberg
Renault: Grosjean/Kubica
Brawn: Button/Kovalainen
Williams: Hulknburg/Heidfeld
Force India: Sutil/Luizzi
Manor: Nakajima/Senna
USF1: Barrichello/Rahal
Campos: De La Rosa/Gachnang

Im a bit iffy with Manor though.
wherever nakajima goes toyota engine goes. thats how he kept his williams seat this year imo
Quote from BreadC :wherever nakajima goes toyota engine goes. thats how he kept his williams seat this year imo

I know that but Williams have already said they may change engines next year.

But the Toyota engine wont go where ever he goes thats stupid, what about when sato looked to be going to Torro Rosso, no Honda engine deal was ever thought of.

Nakajima has been improving in qualifying though but he still hasn't scored any points, plus this is hes 2nd season hes development is much too slow.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 : Interesting call...

Brawn are going no where next year they will be with Williams i say.

Kovy isn't that bad, but better then barrichello.

if he doesn't go i say switch him with Senna.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :What happened to Sato.. Is he still linked with toro rosso? Or has he just given up all hope on an F1 drive..
Next year would be the best time to try and score an F1 seat with the new teams coming in..

and just a thought...
Schumacher-
What happens if he absolutely dominates in Valencia and wants to race for Ferrari next year... IMO it seems like a possibilty, although very unlikely...

Sorry about spelling :S

Sato i doubt will race F1 agian. oh also, Peter sauber hasn't ruled out the buyout of BMW to make the old Sauber team again(YAY) so we still have alot of things that can change.

Shumacher wont dominate Valencia be reasonable here hes good but not unhuman good(if he does pretty much makes him the greatest driver in history of any 4 wheeled sport).

F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG