The online racing simulator
Well I'm starting to pack now, going straight from work tomorrow. Fingers crossed the A1 well somehow be less like gridlock than it usually is. At least I miss the roadworks that start Saturday on the way down. Coming home could be slow.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Just thought I would post my plan for the weekend. I know we have one by Mark for the Karting but I thought it would help to also show you what I have planned for the rest of the weekend

Friday

16:05 - Pick up Mackie the Staggie from Abergavenny Station

18:14 - Pick up Boothy from Abergavenny Station

19:05 - Pick up CountBazley from Abergavenny Station

People will be arriving by car all day up until early evening................

That sounds like an awesome setup, pretty guttered I can't make it but hope you all have a great time! I met some genuinely decent people in Newcastle and would have liked to meet you again. Ah well there's always next year.

Have a good one
Jason - I just realised I can't remember if I confirmed what our plans were for the weekend so just incase I forgot...

Me, nigelpm, brood and pswillies will be coming on Saturday so we'll see you at the track (aiming to get there just after 10am). pswillies is leaving after the karting, the rest of us are staying to drink beer, talk nonsense and pass out (though not necessarily in that order). We'll be bringing a couple of tents but I quite fancy sleeping in that marguee - looks luxurious!

I'll also be bringing a bottle or 2 of my new homebrew (which by the way is completely untested) so if you survive the karting you still have another challange ahead of you!

Team-wise we'd rather be in teams of 3 so we can inflict as much pain on ourselves as possible. We could split into a team of 3 (me, pswillies and nigelpm) and brood is happy to join in another team if someone has a space free (he's pretty handy in a kart). But if it doesn't work out we're happy to be split up in whatever way works.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Have fun tomorrow and see you at the track. :eclipseeh
I'm driving up there on the saturday morning. What happeneds, when I get there. Do we meet outside, or are people waiting on track. I know no one by face, so Im gonna look lost constantly! lol..
Don't worry mate we're driving up saturday morning now too. Some change of plans means that i'm now taking the Micra lol so look out for plate ending with BDE then you will be either close or we are both lost. Might see you on the M4 too.
Jason - I'm packing both my tents in case people decide that 5 to a room is too much for comfort. I'd advise against anyone being stuck in the same room with me following a night of drinking, I tend to produce foul smells until I've finished venting, as the_angry_angel will attest from the 2005 meet.

In fact, mix in a tin of beans for increased 'muzzle' velocity, and a spicy curry for that acidic burn, and the army could harness me as a stealth weapon. I think in such circumstances, I would fit in nicely between pepper spray and tear gas.
Quote from peterules :Don't worry mate we're driving up saturday morning now too. Some change of plans means that i'm now taking the Micra lol so look out for plate ending with BDE then you will be either close or we are both lost. Might see you on the M4 too.

lol, ok mate. What time you leavin? and, What junction you gettin on at?
Coming from Docklands so probably at the start, i think it's near Heathrow.. Got Me, Krs and the Mrs coming so gonna set off at 6ish. Probably end up running late though.
Quote from peterules :Coming from Docklands so probably at the start, i think it's near Heathrow.. Got Me, Krs and the Mrs coming so gonna set off at 6ish. Probably end up running late though.

Ah rite ok. I mite, just end up meeting you on the M4...I'll keep my eyes open
Quote from mcgas001 :.......I'll keep my eyes open

I'll have to try that sometime. Normally just put my foot down and close my eyes
Sounds like it will be an amazing weekend. Hope yous all enjoy it
can't wait to finish work and head on my way
I finish work in 5 minutes but going to come up tomorrow morning so seee you soooooooooon Mr. Lovett
weather down here is as expected - rain today but sun wants to keep popping it's head through now and again, so fingers crossed, tomorrow should be as predicted i.e. sunny'ish but probably damp track (which is nice )
Same here in London, Just poured it down and now it's sunny. It will make it interesting if we are on a drying wet track though I'm bringing my waterproofs just incase
Have fun guys, wish I was coming but ah well.
Wet weather race gear packed...
Ahh, good job i looked on here becky, i will go pack mine now.

I have given up trying to find the 12v lead for the mini fridge as it appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

I'll get my wet gear, burn a couple of CD's for the journey and then im on my way!
/facepalm!

My wets are at mum and dads, i may be a few minutes later now.
No worries, the longer you take the more things I remember to pack.

EDIT: Oh one thing, when you find my pad don't knock, ring the ruddy bell - I dont know why people think I can hear a knock at the front door when i'm in my flat but the doorbell has only been used once since I moved in... *shrug* Apparently i'm always out. I'm not, i'm listening to music/watching a film in a flat! I can't hear the front door being knocked... *despairs at the [lack of] intelligence in the Human species...
the centre can provide wetsuits if we need them, so don't panic if you don't have one
Aww, I packed my speedos and everything.
Quote from ferret :the centre can provide wetsuits if we need them, so don't panic if you don't have one

Pfft, I ain't wearing no wetsuits, even if the African monsoon season decides to pay a visit.
I'm kiinda in the mood for some rainy racing! It means my extra weight will give me more grip
My KERS won't work so well, however.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG