The online racing simulator
ATM we have a problem with only 29 drivers. That means I am short on the money for the karting and 1 team will need to be 2 drivers instead of 3. So me & Mark might be in a team of 2 and pay extra. If someone else turns up by then we will be alright. A few people said they might but we will have to wait and see.
Ok problem solved, now we have another one

[SR] Pete and krslim are coming now, but this will mean one team will have to be 4 drivers. I assume this shouldn't be too much of a problem as some people might not want to do as much karting as we have planned. So if anyone would like to do slightly less karting and join a team of 4 let me know.
Quote from franky500 :1.) MUST be ugly.. anybody who looks better than Ben is a NO GO! (this is to ensure its fair for all 3 of us)

Yes, so I can win the award of "most handsome driver in least handsome team".

Most recent photo of me (courtesy of Facebook), also second image in my entire life to have ever caught me smiling: http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.net/photos/me180709.JPG

Quote from jasonmatthews :Ok problem solved, now we have another one

Kick out Pablo and I'll have my money back!

No seriously, I'm sure there are some wimps out there that can't handle all the karting.
tbh I think that there might be more than a few, that is alot of karting and it is going to hurt on that small and windy track
Quote from Bob Smith :Yes, so I can win the award of "most handsome driver in least handsome team".

Most recent photo of me (courtesy of Facebook), also second image in my entire life to have ever caught me smiling: http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.net/photos/me180709.JPG

Kick out Pablo and I'll have my money back!

No seriously, I'm sure there are some wimps out there that can't handle all the karting.

Are you the one on the left or the one on the right?
Left
Just had a proper look at the website and noticed that there's a good chance one of us will end up sticking out of a tree...

This is turn 2: it has a very nicely placed ramp of grass next to some beautiful scenery.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ok problem solved, now we have another one

[SR] Pete and krslim are coming now, but this will mean one team will have to be 4 drivers. I assume this shouldn't be too much of a problem as some people might not want to do as much karting as we have planned. So if anyone would like to do slightly less karting and join a team of 4 let me know.

Oh, Pete can drive the SC !

d
oh yeah, i can see it probably being me as well, but somehow launching along the banking and over the blue/yellow tyre wall!

Is there a st johns ambulance on site?
Quote from franky500 :there are requirements for anybody who does join in with me and bob..

1.) MUST be ugly.. anybody who looks better than Ben is a NO GO! (this is to ensure its fair for all 3 of us)

2.) MUST be slow.. If you are faster than me or ben, you WILL be stolen by another team due to your shear awesomeness.

3.) MUST be able to take it in ..... wait no.. .cancel that one

Lol, Can I join? Dean. Arnt you coming from somewhere near me? (Junction 6 M4)
[SR] BreadC is working on Saturday but will come up for the BBQ
We're coming!!!!

Can't bloody wait! I'll probably be one of the whimps that will be hurting after a few laps so don't worry too much. Plus we will probably be heading back to london on saturday night so will have to keep some energy in reserve for the drive home. Woooooooooooooooooooot!
Quote from peterules :We're coming!!!!

Can't bloody wait! I'll probably be one of the whimps that will be hurting after a few laps so don't worry too much. Plus we will probably be heading back to london on saturday night so will have to keep some energy in reserve for the drive home. Woooooooooooooooooooot!

This reinforces my opinion that Pete should stick to driving the SC.

lol mayyybeeeee. As longs i can do it in the XRT
I'll probably ache a bit afterwards because i havent raced anything for ages, although i very much doubt i will ache as much as i did after this happened while i was sat against the fence at the end of the home straight, that was a stiff shot that i felt for at least a week afterwards, despite the 5 point harness and neck collar!

Needless to say, there will be none of that kind of driving on the day, well not from me anyway, must remember, non contact, must go around other people instead of through them.
That dont look half as bad as my old fiesta in the end lol! but damn! that must of hurt!

I'm going to try to take it easy as i almost broke my leg a few years back on a kart. Unless it rains as i love sliding about
Yes indeed! as bob smith proclaimed somewhere on LFSforum, a squealing tyre is a happy tyre!
Just thought I would post my plan for the weekend. I know we have one by Mark for the Karting but I thought it would help to also show you what I have planned for the rest of the weekend

Friday

16:05 - Pick up Mackie the Staggie from Abergavenny Station

18:14 - Pick up Boothy from Abergavenny Station

19:05 - Pick up CountBazley from Abergavenny Station

People will be arriving by car all day up until early evening.

So friday will be about taking all the arrivals. There will be snacks and sandwiches etc for the day, then I think we should order take out (chinese/kebabs/pizza's etc) for the evening. We should go over the team pairings also then.

Activities - Pool, Darts, Wii, LFS, cards, chess, getting to know eachother, drinking, eating etc...

11pm to 1am sleep (we need to be up early!)

Saturday

07:00-08:15 Get up, shower and get ready, coffee!! (4 bathrooms so we should be ok)
08:15-9:15 Breakfast at the local Cafe.
9:15-18:00 Karting (arrive at Kart centre between 10-10:30)
18:00-19:00 Showers/change clothes etc
19:00 onwards will be BBQ, watching IGTC (maybe we can get some people to talk on the live stream) and PARTY!!
[B][U]
[B][U]
Sunday[/U][/B]

I have bought plenty of cereal and orange juice so that should send you home OK

[B][U]House Rules[/U][/B]

Smoking is allowed downstairs, but no smoking upstairs at all, and also no shoes upstairs. There is a bathroom (if I finish it in time :P) downstairs so it shouldn't be a problem. There will be a fridge and freezer outside in the marquee so hopefully we shouldn't need to go to the kitchen side of the house too much on the Saturday.

I have 6.5 mbs wireless internet and have taken my password off for the weekend and a HUGE (300 GB) limit so if anyone wants to bring laptops etc they are welcome to use my connection. I also have 4 ethernet ports spare for those without wireless.

[B][U]Flickr[/U][/B]

There is a LFS flickr group here - http://www.flickr.com/groups/lfs/

I have setup an account for you to use to upload photos and videos, the account id is - lfskart and the password is kartmeet

Photo's from the event will be uploaded to here throughout the weekend so those not attending can follow us

(Obviously please other people please don't start putting crap in there and using our 100mb allowance, this is for the community so don't take the piss)

Does that sound OK to everyone? And also have I missed anyone out who needs picking up?
-
(Ssr_Nick) DELETED by Ssr_Nick : I'm a tard
Quote from jasonmatthews :Saturday

07:00-08:15 Get up, shower and get ready, coffee!! (4 bathrooms so we should be ok)
08:15-9:15 Breakfast at the local Cafe.
9:15-18:00 Karting (arrive at Kart centre between 10-10:30)
18:00-19:00 Showers/change clothes etc
19:00 onwards will be BBQ, watching IGTC (maybe we can get some people to talk on the live stream) and PARTY!!

I hope you've got enough hot water in the house to last !

If anyone might want to be interviewed during the race, shoot me a PM and let me know, and I'll try to make sure I note it down to get it. I'd like to know in advance so I can plan 'em so I don't have 4 hours of interviews. :P

@Jason: I'll PM you the Ventrilo info that will be needed so you can program it into Vent on a computer there.

Stream test time will start around 18:30 or so UTC, maybe a bit earlier. Will confirm which stream it will be on asap, I'm thinking its II.

d
Sounds good Deko, hopefully you can get a interview with me, passo & victor at least
Quote from jasonmatthews :
Flickr

There is a LFS flickr group here - http://www.flickr.com/groups/lfs/

I have setup an account for you to use to upload photos and videos, the account id is - lfskart and the password is kartmeet

Photo's from the event will be uploaded to here throughout the weekend so those not attending can follow us

I'll be taking my camera along (as long as i dont forget) so will be uploading also on my account and linking onto the group page....as long as they are decent enough
Quote from jasonmatthews :

Does that sound OK to everyone? And also have I missed anyone out who needs picking up?

OK? Really, it sounds amazing. Thanks for organising this so completely!

Just to let you know, I'll be one of those driving up on Friday - I'll probably leave late afternoon sometime. Is there anyone still needing a lift from London (or from anywhere along the M4)?
Quote from nihil :OK? Really, it sounds amazing. Thanks for organising this so completely!

Just to let you know, I'll be one of those driving up on Friday - I'll probably leave late afternoon sometime. Is there anyone still needing a lift from London (or from anywhere along the M4)?

If you pass a broken down Rover on the way phone and check if it's me and Dan would you :P
Our plan is to get up there around 10ish on friday, I've managed to get the afternoon off work so we should be departing London from 6ish. Also if you see a broken down Red XRT on the M4 it's me and Krs so make sure you bring a tow rope lol!
#425 - CSF
I would personally just leave you.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG