The online racing simulator
#376 - CSF
Someone must get a pic of Boothy WITHOUT his camera face to prove he isn't some camera faced cyborg... Passo........................
Update :-
  • there will be a burger van on the site (lunch sorted )
  • If you can bring a tent with no hassle, then it would be wise, though may not be needed. Air beds and sleeping bags though are a different matter, bring your own!
Mmmm, burgers.

Despite my borderline anorexic frame of 6ft height and 9 and a half stone weight, i could probably manage something like two of these with some chips and maybe a cup of tea if i set my mind to it.

Quote from danthebangerboy :
And mackie the staggie, if i had to travel that far by road then i honestly think i would die! Travelling back from cowdenbeath to cambridge nearly killed me 2 years ago, and i was only a passenger!

Which is the only way to travel that distance is by train........still up at 6am in the morning and a 9 and a half hour journey but at least I can sleep like a log down to Edinburgh.

I got most of my provisions today (sleeping bag, mat, 12yr old bottle of Glenmorangie, books to read down and back up although I'll hold off buying the Irn-Bru until the Thursday evening...that way I can safely assume that I will have at least half x1 2ltr bottle of the Bru with me)

PS - Regarding T2, does the team that gets it on the 2 wheels the most get a wee 'Brucey bonus', because with my added weight advantage (a fair bit more than last year i have to admit) I seriously think that I can easily get the thing ging with a subtle shift of weight at the opportune moment
I really have to get to one of these thing eventually
Stock cars at Cowdenbeath eh?
Quote from boothy :Stock cars at Cowdenbeath eh?

Well, it's better than watching the football team play
Quote from boothy :Stock cars at Cowdenbeath eh?

Yep, the unlimited banger world cup, my best mate was racing, loved it!!!

Funniest bit being that nobody was supposed to start their bangers up until the footy was over as we got there early, still did tho!

@mackie, we only had to travel back by transit towing the broken car on the way home, my mates dad drew the short straw and drove up there with the car, while we went stansted to edinborough and then did the last bit to cowdy on the train.

He was less than impressed to find as all rat arsed in the pub by the time he got there!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Well, it's better than watching the football team play

Well you can just stay in the stands from 3pm and watch both! The Blue Brazil haha!
I mind 2 season ago, County were playing Cowdenbeath and a group of us went down, had some of the strangest afternoons in a local pub before heading off to the game. Anyway, halfway through the second half I was aware of the crowd getting larger and sure enough I looked behind and the crowd had increased.

Turns out more people turn out for the stock cars than the footy, and who could blame them....it was a dull 2-0 for County....well it was dull for them, great for us.
OMG - I just noticed my number of posts - including this one - 44!! and I joined in Jan 2003 !!! looking on this page alone, I see over 1,000 posts from people who joined last year !!!

What does that say about me? or you ??

Keep this humorous btw, it is meant that way
Either you are the quiet type, or people like me are just gobby gits! I think it could be the 2nd answer that is the correct one!
Quote from Shotglass :how can you tell lesbian sheep from hetero ones?

Everyone is at least a little bit gay, it's just that some are more effort than the reward.

Quote :something for becky to drink (don't know what she likes yet)

My sustenance is based upon a few basic compounds: Gin; cigarettes; coffee; Jammy Dodgers; and curry. The latter of which I intend to live solely on until next Tuesday as i've not had any for ages and the misses is going home until then - which meens every night is curry night!

Don't worry about furnishing me with a picnic for the way down babe, you're driving so I should be sorting you .
I have pm'd everyone with my phone number, so when you get lost, just give me a ring. Also, give me a ring 30 minutes before you want picking up for those coming to the train station.
I'm a little scared about this now lol. Ive never been proper karting in my life, and after just reading the schedule, I'm worried if I mess up, I'm gonna ruin the entire race...Am I just being paranoid...? Please tell me I'm not alone..lol.
Dean and I are looking for a third driver to join our team and be crap with us. We don't want showing up now. If you think you fit the bill, grab the hot seat before it goes!
Quote from Bob Smith :Dean and I are looking for a third driver to join our team and be crap with us. We don't want showing up now. If you think you fit the bill, grab the hot seat before it goes!

Aye, I'll take up that seat Bob! Why not.

Loking forward to it, hopefully won't spin out on tiny puddles this year.
If i manage to do a single lap without spinning out then it will be an achievement for me!

Shall i bring some stick on 'L' plates for me?
Quote from Bob Smith :Dean and I are looking for a third driver to join our team and be crap with us. We don't want showing up now. If you think you fit the bill, grab the hot seat before it goes!

What? Are people forming teams already?
Quote from felplacerad :What? Are people forming teams already?

You think I'd leave it until the day? You never know who would end up stuck with me.
Teams...I hope the current SRS team mates are happy to take me....I'll promise not to 'time out' this time.
More than happy Mackie, you'll be the most experienced member of our team.

Quote :mcgas001: I'm a little scared about this now lol. Ive never been proper karting in my life, and after just reading the schedule, I'm worried if I mess up, I'm gonna ruin the entire race...Am I just being paranoid...? Please tell me I'm not alone..lol.

Don't worry mate, first time for me as well. I'm just hoping to keep it on the track in a vaguely forwards direction and for the love of god hope that Passo doesn't outpace me, I couldn't live with the shame.
Quote from count.bazley :More than happy Mackie, you'll be the most experienced member of our team.

Don't worry mate, first time for me as well. I'm just hoping to keep it on the track in a vaguely forwards direction and for the love of god hope that Passo doesn't outpace me, I couldn't live with the shame.

Me and adamlfs actually did some practice about 3 weeks ago at the Daytona MK circuit, so I'm definitely well-rehearsed for some balls-out karting. You'd better pray hard, James, because we may be on the same team but we're still in competition. To an extent.
there are requirements for anybody who does join in with me and bob..

1.) MUST be ugly.. anybody who looks better than Ben is a NO GO! (this is to ensure its fair for all 3 of us)

2.) MUST be slow.. If you are faster than me or ben, you WILL be stolen by another team due to your shear awesomeness.

3.) MUST be able to take it in ..... wait no.. .cancel that one
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Me and adamlfs actually did some practice about 3 weeks ago at the Daytona MK circuit, so I'm definitely well-rehearsed for some balls-out karting. You'd better pray hard, James, because we may be on the same team but we're still in competition. To an extent.

How dare you practice behind my back, did you not hear of the in-season testing ban?!?

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG