The online racing simulator
Enjoy yourself Mackie, wish I could come along too. Hope all goes well!
damp would be very fun
Looks like I'll be learning how to drive in the wet then. LFS has not prepared me for this!
as long as there little standing water, aquaplaning is not fun
Quote from JasonL220 :damp would be very fun

Damp is always fun .......... :hide:
Last year it had being rainge before we went racing and there was a puddle on the exit of one of the chicanes, there was no other option we had to go through it and seing everyone getting the back end out (some not catching it in time may I add, I never spun it ) was great fun. I would be happy to have rain again.

Although how would T2 fair i don't know
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :some not catching it in time may I add, I never spun it

*hangs head in shame* Me being one such looser!

In fairness it was the next corner where I lost it with wet/cold tyres having gone through the puddle when I didnt usually do so - I pushed beyond my skill level to stay with Thomas and Victor in disregard of having just gone through the puddle - this time however, they are mine Wet or dry, oh yes, they will be mine .

Failing that i'll just get totally blotto and wake up with a sheep.
#360 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :
this time however, they are mine Wet or dry, oh yes, they will be mine

Update on the weather.

Friday RAIN
Sat SUN
Sunday RAIN

we may all be lucky
Quote from Becky Rose :Failing that i'll just get totally blotto and wake up with a sheep.

how can you tell lesbian sheep from hetero ones?
Anyone know how much the toll charge is on the M4 to cross to wales?
come again? Toll charge?
Quote from Shotglass :how can you tell lesbian sheep from hetero ones?

I think the lesbian sheep have a bit more facial hair
Quote from Victor :come again? Toll charge?

Yea, I have to pay to drive into wales, Cause theres a massive bridge I gotta cross on the M4..

Quote from boothy :http://lmgtfy.com/?q=toll+charge+m4+wales :smash3d:

Haha! Thanks for that dude. So its £4.80 into wales, and free to come back. Sweet!

Anyone else driving on the M4 on the saturday morning that wants to convoy up there?
ahh ok a short bit. I was expecting something in terms of french toll roads
well, that's managable then.
I think im gonna go a different way so i can miss the toll.
I'll be going in to Wales from the north but coming out the south, so free both ways for me.
Yep, i have just checked it, and according to google maps, if i go the a14 way then it is about 40 minutes quicker and 40 miles shorter distance as opposed to the m4 way, plus no toll!

EDIT: Bob, i have just seen how far it is from where you are, man thats some miles!

And mackie the staggie, if i had to travel that far by road then i honestly think i would die! Travelling back from cowdenbeath to cambridge nearly killed me 2 years ago, and i was only a passenger!
Attached images
wales.jpg
Toll charge may be £5.20 according to my team-mates, but hey you get to get out for FREE!!!!

Anyway we have devised a schedule for the day, though this may vary slightly depending on how the day is progressing.

10:00 - 10:30 Arrive at site
10:30 - 11:00 Kitting out and briefing.
11.00 - 11.30 Practice (10 mins each)
11.45 - 12.45 Mini Endurance - 1 hour race (1 x 20 minute stint each)
12.45 - 13.00 Break
13.00 - 16.00 Main Endurance race - 3 hours race (2 x 30 minute stints each)
16.00 - 17.00 Individual Sprint Races (3 x 10 minute heats with a 10 minute final)
17.00 - Whenever - back to Jason's for those staying the evening.

Note : we will be using the practice session at the start to not only familiarise ourselves with the track, but also check the karts out. Each driver will get a chance to see if their kart is either faulty or slow, any problems can be rectified by pulling in to the pits and telling the marshall. They can then take the kart to the mechanic, who will fix it. We have been assured that the karts are all in good order, but you know how these things work, there's always one kart that runs like a pig!!
It wouldn't matter if my kart had been given twice as much power as all the others, if im the pilot then the chances are that it probably won't be that quick!
Quote from ferret :Toll charge may be £5.20 according to my team-mates, but hey you get to get out for FREE!!!!

Anyway we have devised a schedule for the day, though this may vary slightly depending on how the day is progressing.

10:00 - 10:30 Arrive at site
10:30 - 11:00 Kitting out and briefing.
11.00 - 11.30 Practice (10 mins each)
11.45 - 12.45 Mini Endurance - 1 hour race (1 x 20 minute stint each)
12.45 - 13.00 Break
13.00 - 16.00 Main Endurance race - 3 hours race (2 x 30 minute stints each)
16.00 - 17.00 Individual Sprint Races (3 x 10 minute heats with a 10 minute final)
17.00 - Whenever - back to Jason's for those staying the evening.

Note : we will be using the practice session at the start to not only familiarise ourselves with the track, but also check the karts out. Each driver will get a chance to see if their kart is either faulty or slow, any problems can be rectified by pulling in to the pits and telling the marshall. They can then take the kart to the mechanic, who will fix it. We have been assured that the karts are all in good order, but you know how these things work, there's always one kart that runs like a pig!!

Well up for it!
I will be bringing some provisions...

Big bottle of water for the car incase it needs it (i drive a rover, it's nessecary!)

Sleeping bag, airbed, tent, race helmet, crate(s) of beer, something for becky to drink (don't know what she likes yet) energy drinks, chocolate, and crisps in biblical proportions and most importantly, my phone, with spare charged batteries for hilarious video and picture oppertunities!

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG