The online racing simulator
[CAD] Destruction Derby
(57 posts, started )
[CAD] Destruction Derby
Hi there,
Was on this server today and have a complaint and was wondering if these guys have a forum or an admin i can post the .mpr to
Got lots of cases of wrecking, swearing, abuse and ramming in this replay and for once it wasn't me!
I did do a search but couldn't find their forum.

Thanks,
Harjun.
You really are a complete numpty. :dunce: :Eyecrazy:
"Destruction Derby"
??
whats ur problem?
but generally the swearing and abuse
Probably because you complain abput people wreaking and ramming you..
ok i see
but there were also 2 admins there, and they kicked out one guy who was constantly ramming, and they said general wrecking e.g. driving flat out into someone at 160mph, was unnaceptable.
But after they left i saved a replay and i wanted to show the admins because when the last admin left, he said if there is any wrecking, save a replay and put it up on the forum.
But i wasn't sure about which forum to put it on so i was just askin which one
this is so silly .....
Greybull, you forgot to add /thread to the end of your post
ok thanks guys, its all sorted now and 2 people are banned, and others have been recognised and are on last warnings.
Thanks GreyBull.
People get banned for wrecking on a Destruction Derby server? Really?
yeah its not like the good old [noob] days.
Quote from zeugnimod :People get banned for wrecking on a Destruction Derby server? Really?

My thought's exactly... I may have missed something somewhere along the line but I thought that the title of the Derby being "Destruction" would actually speak for itself... ergo wrecking is actually part of it
Quote from [SR] Pablo :My thought's exactly... I may have missed something somewhere along the line but I thought that the title of the Derby being "Destruction" would actually speak for itself

Mmmh... Yeah... I was also extremely surprised when, during the first times I went on that server, the admins said they'd kick me if I continue to wreck around, and block the course.

But in fact, the aim of the admins is to provide "a racing server where crashing is allowed". If you prefer, a server using bangers racing rules, but using "proper" tracks. And indeed, the name "[CAD]Destruction Derby" was probably not well-chosen, as AFAIK Destruction Derby was more a crashing game than a racing game.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Mmmh... Yeah... I was also extremely surprised when, during the first times I went on that server, the admins said they'd kick me if I continue to wreck around, and block the course.

But in fact, the aim of the admins is to provide "a racing server where crashing is allowed". If you prefer, a server using bangers racing rules, but using "proper" tracks. And indeed, the name "[CAD]Destruction Derby" was probably not well-chosen, as AFAIK Destruction Derby was more a crashing game than a racing game.

Blocking the course is not racing i think close racing / fighting 4 position with slight contact and if something goes wrong like one goes out of control making a pileup is right but just ramming guys cars as they pass you and fishtailing is just playing it stupid and people just full throttle in to the cars breaking for turn and pretty mucth taken them out the race
Quote from Austin31287 :Blocking the course is not racing i think close racing / fighting 4 position with slight contact and if something goes wrong like one goes out of control making a pileup is right but just ramming guys cars as they pass you and fishtailing is just playing it stupid and people just full throttle in to the cars breaking for turn and pretty mucth taken them out the race

Yeah, that's what I meant : I didn't know that CAD was a racing server the first times I joined it, that's why I did this kind of things
problems with CAD:

1: The amount of idiots on there
2: The people who moan about being hit (when it's within the rules)
3: The admin (with a few exceptions)
4: Some of the layouts just plain suck

[noobs] server was so much better
Not to mention the layouts there were mine, but np, they now got permission to use what they want

When that is said, maybe I'll start doing some work on the old [noobs] server, and make sure, or at much as possible, is fun. Wrecking is of course a part of DD, but not full speed in T1 without consequences.

I'll bump my old topic probally in middle august when I am home with my old computer, and I'll make sure the server is up and running, and I will try to be there as much as possible.
Aswell that I will try to get the old DD feel back to it, I'll set up some last man standing or something and we'll see how that turns out, time will show.

When all this is said, CAD is a good server when the admins are around, but when they are not around there is huge problems, because there are so many silly people there, that deserves a huge kick in their ball-sack, and thrust me, if I start up the server again I am going to kick those bastards so hard in their nuts they'll turn out girls.

So this is no rant to the CAD server, but the people on it.

Edit : Maybe I'll make two servers, as following and their rules.

Destruction Derby - Not allowed to go full speed ram in T1, no suicidal wrecking there. No roadblocking, wrong way driving and such actions. Main goal is to finish, but it's allowed to wreck, but again, no suicidal hits like going full speed in a turn.

Total Destruction Derby - Go here, but do not expect to finish this race. These races will be on various tracks with various suicidal layouts (probally most have seen them before, but I'll see if I can make some new ones) , and there will only be ONE rule. No wrong way driving, everything else is allowed. If you don't care a damn about winning, maybe team up with 4 other nutters and make a roadblock that guranteed will make the leader one angry little man, or any others that will hit it for that matter.
So join this server if you want destruction, at all costs! Do not join this if you belive to join a serious race or actually have a chance to finish it.

So, this is all just a brainstorming, and some ideas, and I'll see what I can do when I am back at my old computer in middle of august, I will keep you updated when that time comes.

So, to sum it up :

Destruction Derby - Race focused, no roadblocks or sucidal hits. Aim is to finish, wrecking is alltho allowed.
Total Destruction Derby - Everything (execpt wrong way driving) allowed! Roadblocks, T1 mayhem - you named it! Here it's the one that finish that wins, but do not expect to win this!

Both server will most likely be runned with XRT, due to the reason it has the awesome Skin Pack from Disposal (destruction derby skin pack) , and due to the fact it has a great feel and suitable power for the task.

Again, I'll keep you updated on what happens, and sorry that I whent off topic
in fact, discount most of what I said. I can live with the suicide dives and people moaning, and don't have to race when the bad layouts are on, what I find is the worst thing in the server is the admin who feel they can break their own rules and give other people a hard time over some trivial little thing
Quote from The Very End :Not to mention the layouts there were mine, but np, they now got permission to use what they want

Not too mention i gave u most of layouts.
What, seriously? I must have forgotten, silly me
Back in the days I did KY1,BL1 and some FE layouts. Takumi did some KY1 layouts aswell that were used most of the time, while the FE layouts were made of me if I remember right. We also had some Aston stuff, and I guess you was the one making those right? Just correct me if I am wrong, my memory is like a goldfish
You should bring back Sumo, that was brilliant
Sumo= brilliant
CAD= C*nt admins!

I was second and one ass admin blocked the road for me and rammed me after that.. Fair play from him, before it he blamed me for doing that..
Now I'm banned, don't really care though.
The most fuxd up server that there can be.
Quote from The Very End :What, seriously? I must have forgotten, silly me
Back in the days I did KY1,BL1 and some FE layouts. Takumi did some KY1 layouts aswell that were used most of the time, while the FE layouts were made of me if I remember right. We also had some Aston stuff, and I guess you was the one making those right? Just correct me if I am wrong, my memory is like a goldfish

bl2,as1... Well i also forgot
Quote from Wilko868 :You should bring back Sumo, that was brilliant

I think it's lurking around on the main server list still, try to just join it and see if it works Long time since I have been on that so no clue if it actually works / is online or not.

Quote from Ales_M :bl2,as1... Well i also forgot

Hehe
When you mention I remember the BL2 one, a good layout indeed

[CAD] Destruction Derby
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG