The online racing simulator
34 degrees damn thats going to be quite hot.
Quote from 5haz :But thats the BBC weather forecast, the rule of thumb is that whatever the forecast says, the opposite will happen.

Too true. I can't count how many times before i've gone to a race weekend and had this report for the same freakin' day!

MetCheck: Sunny
Weather.co.uk: Overcast
BBC: Apocalypse

Glad we don't have to pay for the BB... oh sorry we do!

The race? If McLaren really have solved their fundamental problem and have an aero package that works combined with their excellent low speed grip and KERS they could be a real threat this weekend oddly enough. If they are proper quick they should be kicking themselves hard for not getting it right round 1! Coz with Kers they coulda waltzed the championship!!! douches!

If RBR beat Brawn in what should be Brawn's best conditions then it really could be curtains for Button's championship. Make or break weekend.
#28 - 5haz
Its not quite that simple, Brawn could well bring in updates later in the season which close the gap in all conditions, bad luck could effect any driver's results or the FIA may intervene off the track (which as you know had a significant impact in last years championship). There are far too many different variables to simply say one weekend will set the trend for the rest of the season.

As for predicting the the weather, there's no substitute for looking out the window and applying generous doses of sods law.
Quote from Mustafur :34 degrees damn thats going to be quite hot.

Brawn Domination? Naaah I think Redbull is far ahead now heh. I'm happy to see Redbull dominate... I actually want them to win the championship with Vettel world champion...
Quote from 5haz :Its not quite that simple, Brawn could well bring in updates later in the season which close the gap in all conditions, bad luck could effect any driver's results or the FIA may intervene off the track (which as you know had a significant impact in last years championship). There are far too many different variables to simply say one weekend will set the trend for the rest of the season.

As for predicting the the weather, there's no substitute for looking out the window and applying generous doses of sods law.

Brawns main trouble is funding, they need a big sponsership deal ASAP becuase Redbull are bringing upgrades quicker then Brawn and each upgrade is about twice as effective too.

If Brawn lose here it will very unlikely they will catch up to Redbull in the season.
Quote from evilpimp :Brawn Domination? Naaah I think Redbull is far ahead now heh. I'm happy to see Redbull dominate... I actually want them to win the championship with Vettel world champion...

I want Webber not becuase im Australian but becuase he has struggled for soo long in his career and always shown the pace it would be very deserving.
Quote from Mustafur :I want Webber not becuase im Australian but becuase he has struggled for soo long in his career and always shown the pace it would be very deserving.

In which case, Button would be more deserving, seeing as he's struggled for longer. Or maybe Barrichello? 17 years of pain...

Oh hang on, they aint Aussies are they? :P
Quote from Mustafur :I want Webber not becuase im Australian but becuase he has struggled for soo long in his career and always shown the pace it would be very deserving.

Uhm.... Yeah right.....
Quote from dawguk :In which case, Button would be more deserving, seeing as he's struggled for longer. Or maybe Barrichello? 17 years of pain...

Oh hang on, they aint Aussies are they? :P

Webber hasn't even looked at the front at any point of his career and just retired every time he could of won a race(never by hes own doing).

Look at monaco 06, Fuji 07, Australia 06, Malaysia 04. and it just goes on, Buttons bad luck isn't really in races its the fact he stayed with Honda for soo damn long he had no idea where he should be, i do think though that flavio is an idiot for replacing him with Alonso and not Trulli.
the difference with Webber and Button though is Webber doesn't give up. look at 2008 Button completely just gave up its a humilation, he gets payed to drive not payed to wait till next year, hes car was crap but who cares, look at Germany 03, Webber sacrifised his car to try get a point(it failed but it proved he tries)

Barrichello should of been able to do something, but really he can't win the title this year regardless.
Well, no one is talking about new pilots :P

Like Jaime Alguersuari, getting the seat that Sebastien Bourdais has left now

There were rumours about Piquet Jr. being sustitued by Grosjean (3rd pilot before Piquet Jr. was removed).
kinda were in the thread made about him.

But anyway i think he isn't going to go well, not becuase he sucks, but becuase of the F1 testing ban.
Quote from Mustafur :the difference with Webber and Button though is Webber doesn't give up. look at 2008 Button completely just gave up its a humilation

Honda gave up on 2008 not just button.
McLaren´s can be high.

Hamilton has got bad luck in last race,but new chance in this weekend

Kovalainen gets new update package witch shoud improve time whit 0,8 seconds

And Kovalainen winned last year,but better car:heyjoeani
-
(manneF1) DELETED by manneF1
Quote from Kazu2799 :Honda gave up on 2008 not just button.

I just don't like the idea of drivers giving up though. This is F1 the pinnicle of motorsport.
I'm expecting Alonso to do well this weekend, hopefully see him back near the front. He ballsed up quali in the last race and his tyres were shot in the first stint, but the last stint showed the car's true pace with its upgrades
Quote from Mustafur :I just don't like the idea of drivers giving up though. This is F1 the pinnicle of motorsport.

Hamilton did in the last race. According to Alan Dove, the finest driver and coach on this forum, that was acceptable, for some reason fathomable only to him (and McLaren).
Its stupid to see, its as if they think F1 is lucky to have them when they drive like that.

If i was FIA boss i would place race bans.
He did - he wanted to park it. That's giving up. The only reason he didn't was because McLaren told him not to.
Quote from mythdat :I'm expecting Alonso to do well this weekend, hopefully see him back near the front. He ballsed up quali in the last race and his tyres were shot in the first stint, but the last stint showed the car's true pace with its upgrades

I was telling my father that Alonso was getting nearer the Brawns in the last race, and my father said that I was joking
Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton did in the last race. According to Alan Dove, the finest driver and coach on this forum, that was acceptable, for some reason fathomable only to him (and McLaren).

It's simple math Tristan Cliffe!

1. His car was damaged.
2. If you finish you have to keep the gearbox you finished with into the next race
3. Extra mileage on engine
4. He was a lap down and off the pace

Had he retired he would have gone into Hungary with a fresher engine, and a new shiny gearbox! With the way the stupid regulations work nowadays Hamilton was willing to trade his Nurburgring race for a better shot at Hungary. To use the term 'give up' isn't entirely the case as your not considering the external factors like engines/gearboxes within the regulations.

Had Schumacher, or ALonso done it I am about 99% sure your opinion would be different saying how smart they were to think about the race ahead. it's just the typical Hamilton bashing we can expect from you.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton did in the last race. According to Alan Dove, the finest driver and coach on this forum, that was acceptable, for some reason fathomable only to him (and McLaren).

It was acceptable.... he had a back-up reason he didn't just say, I can't be arsed, he said "Can't we just save the gearbox for this one guys?" or something simmilar , F1 is a highly physical sport, as we all know, so why bother pottering round with a damaged car physically ripping yourself apart (whether he is the fittest man or not).

If you were running a running race and someone tripped you, you would most probobly stop, why continue to run with a damaged knee, you know you're not going to win. Sure, if you tripped whilst in the lead, you can still win, so you are more likely to continue.

If you were racing your reynard and picked up some sort of downforce issue through no fault of your own and it was dangerous and arduous to drive, and the only possible goal you can achieve is to un-lap yourself, YOU would continue? No Tristan, you wouldn't. Don't even bother saying that you would. Think with your head, not your balls ffs, I know you hate the guy but jesus. Senna would of packed it in if he was in last place ANYWAY, regardless if he was lapped or if the car was damaged. If he knew he couldn't win, he wouldn't race and you KNOW it.
#48 - 5haz
The rules should not allow drivers to sandbag, they should be doing all they can to at least finish, bollocks to saving gearboxes and engines.

Real men don't get out of their cars until they have to push them, you may finish last, several laps down, but not giving up and making the finish in unfavourable circumstances still commands some respect, where as packing it in dosen't at all, regardless of wether it saves you an engine.
Quote from 5haz :The rules should not allow drivers to sandbag, they should be doing all they can to at least finish, bollocks to saving gearboxes and engines.

Real men don't get out of their cars until they have to push them...

So are you saying all the drivers are giving up when they reduce the revs on their engine near the end of the race? Every driver does this!

I think every driver on the grid has retired even when their car was 'capable' of finishing. Hamilton was just being smart and thinking ahead.

If Lewis wants to fight for the win in hungary he would be better off with a new gearbox and fresher engine. Surely a real racer is the one who goes for the win at all costs. In this case the cost was retiring from a GP he had no chance of even unlapping himself. That is a TINY cost!

I don't like rules as much as the next guy, but if you want to achieve the best results possible you have to play them.
Once he was told to stay out, he could have at least given the impression of trying, damage notwithstanding.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG