The online racing simulator
FIA Formula 2
(139 posts, started )
Quote from lizardfolk :Idk about that, I mean Meira fractured a vertebre in a hard crash at Indy. But if ur only talking about circuit racing then probably...ya

Oval racing is alot more dangerous with a standing car on track, getting hit by another car at 200mph will kill you instantly.
He's 8 months older than me.

#53 - JJ72
What a freak accident, but in the same time wheels coming off happens so often you wonder is it something just waiting to happen.......
Quote from Mustafur :Oval racing is alot more dangerous with a standing car on track, getting hit by another car at 200mph will kill you instantly.

Which thankfully hasn't happened since Dana. But Meira's crash was close though (the wall contact) which made it scary.
Zanardi is still alive for example.
Zanardi didn't get smacked straight in the head with a bloody heavy wheel.
Quote from Wilko868 :Zanardi didn't get smacked straight in the head with a bloody heavy wheel.

Indeed

I still hope he will recover.
Quote from J@tko :He's 8 months older than me.

he's only literally 3 months older than me im just keeping my fingers crossed that we have news by morning that he's ok.
Just to point out that all this is still unconfirmed.

Lets hope.
Quote from TexasLTU :Zanardi is still alive for example.

IMHO zanardi was just very very lucky. Drivers have died on the oval from much less.
Quote from trebor901 :he's only literally 3 months older than me im just keeping my fingers crossed that we have news by morning that he's ok.

hes 16 days younger then me
****ing hell.......

R.I.P.

What a great way to revive F2...... Fatal accident on Round 8......

For f.. sake.....
-
(lizardfolk) DELETED by lizardfolk : Double
R.I.P Henry Surtees
Rest in Peace Mr. Henry Surtees...

just seeing that he's a month younger then me... could have been one of my classmates from age...
What a fu*kin bad luck

RIP Henry
I think Williams is in trouble again. Killed Senna, now Surtees...
Quote from TexasLTU :I think Williams is in trouble again. Killed Senna, now Surtees...

Lotus killed Peterson, Clark, Rindt, maybe more?

Hardly their fault.
#71 - 5haz
T'is very cruel, he showed a lot of promise.

Williams or Brands Hatch are not to blame, that kind of accident is freak and unavoidable, wheels will break off and there is no 100% guarenteed way to prevent them from doing so. Motor racing is dangerous and I think it would be very disrespectful to Surtees (who was devoted to racing), if there was a witch hunt against racing as a result of this. Those kind of incidents are horrible but can happen with any single seater car on any track.

Rest in peace
Very bad news.

RIP
R.I.P Surtees.
Very tragic news. I give my condolences to the whole Surtees family in this sad time.

Only 18 as well So young....
#75 - wild
What a waste of life.

R.I.P Henry Surtees, May he rest in peace.

FIA Formula 2
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG