The online racing simulator
Amir Khan.
(61 posts, started )
Quote from amp88 :Read the rest of the thread.

There's a large difference between a country's army and professional boxing.

I've read the thread, but didn't reply to any posts in particular. Boxing shouldn't be banned at all, it's a sport I enjoy a lot and so do a lot of others as there were more then 7,000 people at the MEN tonight. So it looks like the majority do not have a problem with boxing.

Boxers want to get into the ring and hurt each other. Boxers will get into the ring treat each other as really bad enemies and once the fight is over, they are friendly with them. They say boxing is a gentlemans sport. Atleast boxers get paid fairly unlike stupid footballers who get paid shit loads for kicking a ball about, whereas boxers get paid shit loads for beating the crap out of one another.

@amp, if you don't like boxing, why comment? Just going to produce a big flame war, I created this thread to see who else watched the fights and what their views were on it.
If you push boxing underground where medical controls would be non-existent, Im sure we'd see far more incidents than we do now.
Quote :If boxing wasn't a popular sport and wasn't shown on TV I really believe violent incidents in this country would drop.

How about we ban motorsport... everyone would stop speeding then yeah?
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :How about we ban motorsport... everyone would stop speeding then yeah?

It probably would decrease the number of people speeding. The problem with your comparison is that motorsport has its roots in people trying to prove their car was better than other manufacturer's cars. Boxing is, and has always been, about hitting people. It's a flawed comparison for that reason.
Quote from amp88 :The sooner boxing gets banned the better. It's a brutal, moronic sport for brutal, moronic fans. It's got no place in modern society. To derive pleasure from seeing someone get beaten, injured or even killed is something psychologists must have a field day with. Some people would say it's an evolutionary drive to be interested in combat since humans were hunter gatherers, but how can it be maintained in today's society? Boxing has made some popular 'heroes' but it's also injured and killed others. How could anyone who sees Ali now still be a fan of boxing?

Boxing is losing popularity you would be pleased to hear.... but that's becuase of its more brutal brother the UFC.

I people want to take out their frustrations in a ring then fine by me. I'd rather that than secret back street clubs.

Stop telling people you don't know or have any connection with what they should or shouldn't do!

Because one day it will happen to something you love! I liek the fact we can live in a country where if two people wanna box both their heads in, and make some money at the same time, they can! I'd rather that than ban anything that has any slight hint of danger!
Quote from amp88 :
Yes, rugby has a degree of violence in it but it's a side product of the game. The point of rugby is to score more than the opposite side by kicking a ball through a set of goalposts or by putting it on the ground in a particular area. The point of boxing is to hit someone.

Yes, but how do you tacke in Rugby, with physical and violent contact. (Anyone who has played Rugby can not say that getting tackled was a pleasent experence)
#31 - 5haz
Rugby does have an aim other than simply hurting the opponent, I've always wondered how odd it must be to make a living out of hitting people, how do you psyche yourself up to hurt someone you don't particularly hate all that much probrably.

Intrepid, pack in the bloody huge font, its annoying.
Quote from 5haz :Rugby does have an aim other than simply hurting the opponent, I've always wondered how odd it must be to make a living out of hitting people, how do you psyche yourself up to hurt someone you don't particularly hate all that much probrably.

Intrepid, pack in the bloody huge font, its annoying.

I do what I want unless a mod tells me otherwise!

I find it odd how people can get kicks out of telling other people what do all the time. If someone wants to box someone else in the head with the other person's consent and make a wedge of cash then who are we to tell them otherwise?
Quote from amp88 :the sooner boxing gets banned the better. It's a brutal, moronic sport for brutal, moronic fans. It's got no place in modern society. To derive pleasure from seeing someone get beaten, injured or even killed is something psychologists must have a field day with. Some people would say it's an evolutionary drive to be interested in combat since humans were hunter gatherers, but how can it be maintained in today's society? Boxing has made some popular 'heroes' but it's also injured and killed others. How could anyone who sees ali now still be a fan of boxing?

retard alert! Hurry we better ban every form of sport which may have the possibility of injuries! Nanny state loving pansy. guess we will have to ban motorspost then as it doesn't fit into the modern day 'green' society.. Nancy boy
Quote from amp88 : How could anyone who sees Ali now still be a fan of boxing?

Typical one minded view! Ali's injuries were as much his fault for wanting to carry on too long after he reached his prime. He knew the risks, he is his own man. I am sure (well not 100% i don't know the guy) he wouldn't trade his life for one where people constantly tell him what he can and can't do on the grounds of danger.

Anyway unless you think your god how the hell do you know Ali is in a worse condition now than he would have been had he not done boxing. That is a supreme showing of arrogance and lack of thought on your part .

Had he not done boxing, for all we know, he could have got into crime and maybe even been killed. We simply do not know.

We also have to consider how great an inspiration he was to the millions of people around the world who adored him. Showing them anything is possible.
#35 - 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :I do what I want unless a mod tells me otherwise!

I find it odd how people can get kicks out of telling other people what do all the time. If someone wants to box someone else in the head with the other person's consent and make a wedge of cash then who are we to tell them otherwise?

All I want you to do is shut the feck up, your manner irritates me in just about every thread. But I thought I would say it relatively politely, thats not too much to ask for is it not?

Anyway, yeah let idiots punch eachother's lights out if they want, removing themselves from the gene pool can't do anyone any harm.

Quote from Ssr_Nick :retard alert! Hurry we better ban every form of sport which may have the possibility of injuries! Nanny state loving pansy. guess we will have to ban motorspost then as it doesn't fit into the modern day 'green' society.. Nancy boy

Motorsport is slightly different in that the aim is to win the race, not to knock your opponent out through the use of physical force, even banger racing and destruction derbys.
Quote from 5haz : Anyway, yeah let idiots punch eachother's lights out if they want, removing themselves from the gene pool can't do anyone any harm.

Looking at the amount of ladies they attract I think boxing does the complete opposite in regards to spreading of their seed
Boxing is very much a sport, and it certainly involves tactics and skill. I do see where Amp88 is coming from though - but the problem lies with certain spectators and their lust for blood. I know people that love to watch K1 or whatever just to see two people kick the living shit out of eachother, and during every match you'll see rabid lunatics in the audience on the first row who would leave unsatisfied if they didn't get some blood on their faces. I don't think the problem lies in glorifying violence, it's more the fact that some people can't watch a contact-sport without their brains reverting back to the stone-age.
Quote from 5haz :All I want you to do is shut the feck up, your manner irritates me in just about every thread. But I thought I would say it relatively politely, thats not too much to ask for is it not?

Anyway, yeah let idiots punch eachother's lights out if they want, removing themselves from the gene pool can't do anyone any harm.

Motorsport is slightly different in that the aim is to win the race, not to knock your opponent out through the use of physical force, even banger racing and destruction derbys.

and what you have said is completly irrelevant because my argument for it being banned is that it is not green.. Oh no we're destroying the planet.... Lol you people make me sick with your nanny state opinions, it's you people that make the rest of the world laugh at us. I think your opinions should be banned because I do not like them :-)
Quote from Intrepid :Stop telling people you don't know or have any connection with what they should or shouldn't do!

Quote from 5haz :Intrepid, pack in the bloody huge font, its annoying.

Quote from Intrepid :I do what I want unless a mod tells me otherwise!

Double standards there? I'll do what I want to until I'm told otherwise, just like you.

Anyway, there's no point in replying with the same answers to the same questions.
I really do agree 100% with AMP here.
Well displayed argument, and mostly valid points.

And Sam i just laughed at your posts. If you've read it all already, read it again please mate.

EDIT: To add to this post, I agree with what AMP has said, but it's not only just those reasons i want it stopped: My instinct is telling me that the idea around boxing, and any fighting in particular is just wrong. For me to know that people want to bash anothers head in for any reason be it for money, anger, etc confuses me to be quite honest.
It's not like they're abducting people off the streets and forcing them to fight to the death. You have to *decide* to become a boxer. If people want to pay to watch it, then that's up to them.

Personally I wouldn't, because I just don't find it particularly interesting, but that's just me.
Quote from samforey12345 :I really do agree 100% with AMP here.
Well displayed argument, and mostly valid points.

And Sam i just laughed at your posts. If you've read it all already, read it again please mate.

EDIT: To add to this post, I agree with what AMP has said, but it's not only just those reasons i want it stopped: My instinct is telling me that the idea around boxing, and any fighting in particular is just wrong. For me to know that people want to bash anothers head in for any reason be it for money, anger, etc confuses me to be quite honest.

Nancy boy.. go play football
#43 - 5haz
Quote from Ssr_Nick :and what you have said is completly irrelevant because my argument for it being banned is that it is not green.. Oh no we're destroying the planet.... Lol you people make me sick with your nanny state opinions, it's you people that make the rest of the world laugh at us. I think your opinions should be banned because I do not like them :-)

Racing does next to no polluting of the atmosphere compared to the ignorant bullshyte that you produce, calling someone a retard because they hold a different opinion is the mark of a retard.

Anyway, nobody even mentioned racing polluting the planet, so why come out with that?
Original quote from amp88

"It's got no place in modern society"

This is why I mentioned polluting the planet you MONGTARD.

Tell me how racing has any more of a place in society than boxing.

Nancy boy
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Original quote from amp88

Nancy boy

Making friends, aren't we?

Well the main difference would be that motorsport doesn't really involve violence at all. It's more technical since a lot of physics, mathematics, general research basically gets put into it to make a respective car more competitive then the opposition's.

Motorsport isn't polluting really. Actually, I'm quite sure motorsport helped the technology put into road cars get better at a faster pace. An engine that burns gasoline, as an example, better and faster usually makes for better performance but also for better fuel economy.

Nancy boy

Haha tell me that you give a shit about pollution WITHOUT laughing and I might respect your idea, and give you an answer.

None nancy boy.
That's just so ironic, someone calling people nancy boys from behind his computer lolol

btw i don't agree with amp or sam, but i respect their opinion like other people in this thread should.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Nancy boy.. go play football

Which is a nice sport. You know, people can have their own tastes/ideas wich may be different than yours. (No i'm not a football fan)
I consider boxing a sport, a contact and violent one but still a sport. Some others dont, some love the violence in it. I found cage fighting disturbing (like man on the ground and guy beating him), but they are not forced to do it. Not are boxers, but i wont bash everyone of them. Some boxers like to injure the opponent, some feel bad for it. I think it's more about the individual rather than sport.
#49 - 5haz

Nancy boy

Well racing fans usually aren't total pricks, you obviously seem to like your boxing and are also a total and utter wanker, which dosen't give a very 'socially acceptable' impression of boxing, I didn't even say that boxing wasn't socially acceptable, but you try to provoke me regardless, personally I think you are trying to compensate for something.

And picking fights with people on the internet is hardly a very big thing to do, (a rather 'nancy boy' thing to do infact), every time you put your scummy little fingers to a keyboard on this forum I see you trying to provoke someone, if I was an admin you would be shown the door for being such a f**kwit.

You obviously are incapable of having a civil debate with anyone, I sincerely hope you don't breed any time soon, we don't need any more human scum like yourself.

Shalom motherf**ker
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I say ban soccer (football) as it's just a bunch of closet homosexuals running around kicking a ball and eyeballing one another.

... Because clearly nobody noticed this flamebait.

Amir Khan.
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG