The online racing simulator
Amir Khan.
(61 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Amir Khan.
Just got back from his fight. One word for it, AMAZING. You just don't get the atmosphere through the TV, I nearly lost my voice from all of the shouting and cheering I done. The fight went to points, obviously is Khans favour , he made the Ukraine guy look stupid who said he was going to take Khan back to school and teach his a hard lesson - this didn't happen at all.
Khan kept his hands up, and when he did start getting caught with punches, was straight out away from his opponent countering the shots he had just recieved. Khan was better then ever tonight, and Freddie has taught him a lot. Khan was just getting through his opponents defence with no problems at all. Khan is now the WBA light-welterweight champion of the world .

All of the fights tonight was good with one of the best was watching Enzo Maccarinelli get battered, within about 20 seconds his face was nearly covered in blood and it had to be stopped.

I will deffently go and see another. As it wasn't sold out, our tickets got upgraded free of charge . We was suppose to be on Block B Row R (£100 tickets) but got upgraded to Block J Row D (£200 tickets) free of charge, we wasn't complaining, basically ring side seats for the public... there is obviously a shut off point for the important people who get to sit right next to the ring, one of the people there who did spark some excitement with people trying to get pics with was the one and only Prince Nazeem lol.

All in all, thoroughly enjoyed myself, will deffently do this again... My Dad next time is thinking of getting Row A tickets to watch it, it's only about 6ft more forward then us, but there is no one in front of you apart from the shut off area for the important people lol.
Glad you had a good time but Khan and Nazeem are complete cocks and i can't belive your excited by them...
#3 - sam93
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Glad you had a good time but Khan and Nazeem are complete cocks and i can't belive your excited by them...

Prince Nazeem was alright in his time, now he is a fat **** lol. He buggered off after about 2 minutes from the barriers as to many people started to approach him.

How is Khan a cock? He showed the critics tonight, absolutley an amazing fight, he suprised a lot of people with the show he put on. Plus he is from Bolton
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Glad you had a good time but Khan and Nazeem are complete cocks and i can't belive your excited by them...

I could draw you up the biggest list you've ever seen of sportspeople that are complete cocks yet i still admire their sporting talent and would support them when they are competing for our country.

I have to give up watching football altogether if i cared about half the players personalities!

Amir Khan has never struck me as a cock though in any way Like most successful fighters he comes across as a bit arrogant and full of himself... that's just supreme self confidence, which is what it takes to be a winner.

He's British, a great fighter and now a world champion.. That's enough to be excited about.

@Sam Really glad you enjoyed it. I bet the atmosphere was amazing. I've never been to a fight, one of those thing's i've just never got round to doing. Your enthusiasm has made me add it to the list of things i must do soon I'll keep an eye on when Khans next fight is.
#5 - amp88
The sooner boxing gets banned the better. It's a brutal, moronic sport for brutal, moronic fans. It's got no place in modern society. To derive pleasure from seeing someone get beaten, injured or even killed is something psychologists must have a field day with. Some people would say it's an evolutionary drive to be interested in combat since humans were hunter gatherers, but how can it be maintained in today's society? Boxing has made some popular 'heroes' but it's also injured and killed others. How could anyone who sees Ali now still be a fan of boxing?
Quote from amp88 : for brutal, moronic fans.

I'm neither brutal (if you knew me you'd realise how laughable that is) or moronic, thanks very much. Neither are any of my friends, lots of whom enjoy watching boxing. Though with that statement you are obviously extremely ignorant. Nice going on the generalisations.

As for the sport, yes it can be fairly brutal, but moronic? It's a skilful sport that adults (professional boxing) have chosen to take part in knowing that it's potentially dangerous. I can see through the brutality of it and admire it for the skill and bravery involved.

I see absolutely no reason why it should be banned. Like anything in life, if sane adults have consented to take part in something, knowing full well the potential consequences, then they should be allowed to get on with it.

What next? Ban rugby? Surely it's just thuggery with a ball. More people die from rugby than boxing. Lets go the whole hog and just ban everything you don't approve of.
I say ban soccer (football) as it's just a bunch of closet homosexuals running around kicking a ball and eyeballing one another.

#8 - amp88
Quote from The Moose :I'm neither brutal (if you knew me you'd realise how laughable that is) or moronic, thanks very much. Neither are any of my friends, lots of whom enjoy watching boxing. Though with that statement you are obviously extremely ignorant. Nice going on the generalisations.

As for the sport, yes it can be fairly brutal, but moronic? It's a skilful sport that adults (professional boxing) have chosen to take part in knowing that it's potentially dangerous. I can see through the brutality of it and admire it for the skill and bravery involved.

Moronic can be used to describe a degree of mental handicap. If you enjoy seeing people being hit, injured or killed then I believe there's something wrong with you. Boxing is all about hitting another person and trying to stop them from hitting you. You can try and disguise it by talking about tactics and skill but at the end of the day you put 2 people in the ring and they try to punch each other. I don't see how that can really be called a skill....

Quote from The Moose :I see absolutely no reason why it should be banned. Like anything in life, if sane adults have consented to take part in something, knowing full well the potential consequences, then they should be allowed to get on with it.

There's so much violence in the UK where people are fighting against each other for whatever reason (alcohol, racism, supporting different teams, whatever) and I can't help but think that glorifying violence (which is what boxing, martial arts etc do) is worsening the problem. People see boxing on the TV and they think it's a reasonable way to settle differences. If boxing wasn't a popular sport and wasn't shown on TV I really believe violent incidents in this country would drop.

Quote from The Moose :What next? Ban rugby? Surely it's just thuggery with a ball. More people die from rugby than boxing. Lets go the whole hog and just ban everything you don't approve of.

Yes, rugby has a degree of violence in it but it's a side product of the game. The point of rugby is to score more than the opposite side by kicking a ball through a set of goalposts or by putting it on the ground in a particular area. The point of boxing is to hit someone.
Quote from amp88 : If boxing wasn't a popular sport and wasn't shown on TV I really believe violent incidents in this country would drop.

Then you're incredibly naive. The only thing that will reduce violence on our streets is banning alcohol. Man will fight man, boxing or no boxing.
Quote from The Moose :Then you're incredibly naive. The only thing that will reduce violence on our streets is banning alcohol. Man will fight man, boxing or no boxing.

If TV advertising (and that's what I'm calling boxing in this context) doesn't work then why do companies spend millions of pounds on it a year? Are they incredibly naive too?
lol if ur gonna ban boxing why not ban all forms of sport racing,golf,soccer,tenis, everything and then no one will have any fun anymore and we can all become mindless drones.

i dont watch boxing anymore or really any sport execpt GTP racing because every other sport has become boring and over exaggerated. the fact that you susjested to ban a sport simply cause of ur idea's is very childish and arrgont.

just because i hate children and refuse to ever want one dosent give me the right so say they should all be killed dose it?
Quote from MAD3.0LT :lol if ur gonna ban boxing why not ban all forms of sport racing,golf,soccer,tenis, everything and then no one will have any fun anymore and we can all become mindless drones

i dont watch boxing anymore or really any sport execpt GTP racing because every other sport has become boring and over exaggerated. the fact that you susjested to ban a sport simply cause of ur idea's is very childish and arrgont.

Quote from amp88 :Yes, rugby has a degree of violence in it but it's a side product of the game. The point of rugby is to score more than the opposite side by kicking a ball through a set of goalposts or by putting it on the ground in a particular area. The point of boxing is to hit someone.

I'm clearly a motorsports fan so I'm not saying all sports should be banned. I just don't think boxing has a place in modern society and a lot of people agree. I don't really care about boxer's safety (they should understand that boxing is dangerous, obviously), but as I said above if society deems it appropriate to glorify violence it sends out the wrong message to people.

Quote from MAD3.0LT :just because i hate children and refuse to ever want one dosent give me the right so say they should all be killed dose it?

Dunno what you're trying to say here? You think me saying I think boxing should be banned is the same as someone else saying all children should be killed? Bit of a stretch...
no im saying why should people have to give up what they love just because you dont agree?

but on a side note people are still allowed their own oppinion but forcing urs onto other people is what idiots do

ok no more serious chat its making me feel old :P

how about them taddpolls
Quote from MAD3.0LT :no im saying why should people have to give up what they love just because you dont agree?

They shouldn't have to just because I don't agree, but if society decided to ban boxing (the British Medical Association has been calling for a ban for years now) I'd be happy. If a law came in that said boxing matches were illegal and couldn't be televised I think it would be a step forward for us. As I said before I think violent incidents would decrease and society might put more of an emphasis on other sports that I would consider actually contain real skill. Society (through law) has the ability to ban things.

Quote from MAD3.0LT :but on a side note people are still allowed their own oppinion but forcing urs onto other people is what idiots do

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. You don't need to read it if you don't want to. Add me to your ignore list.

Quote from MAD3.0LT :ok no more serious chat its making me feel old :P

how about them taddpolls

Hmmm. Interesting thing to say there.
#15 - JJ72
Quote from amp88 :If TV advertising (and that's what I'm calling boxing in this context) doesn't work then why do companies spend millions of pounds on it a year? Are they incredibly naive too?

What does this has to do with advertising?

I don't think it is proper to relate the popularity of boxing to number of violent crimes, since there's not enough evidence to back up that blame?

Man likes to compete, it's human nature, some competition are more violent that's all, it's in our instinct to develop an ability to defend ourselves, and attack offenders, you can't take that animal instinct off people.

Civilization isn't about hiding human nature, but about finding a more sustainable way of expessing it, boxing is pretty civilized in my opinion, it's seperated in rounds and you can win without killing another people, so I don't think it's a problem at all.

If society think boxing is wrong then it will be banned, however the fact that boxing still exist today as an olympic sport pretty much make a statement that boxing is accepted by the society, isn't it?
Quote from amp88 :If TV advertising (and that's what I'm calling boxing in this context) doesn't work then why do companies spend millions of pounds on it a year? Are they incredibly naive too?

I shouldn't be posting this for fear of stepping into the middle of a potential flamewar, but.....

I personally believe that advertising is so big because people are now too stupid to bother to look for stuff themselves, or even think for themselves, and when they see something shiny and sparkly, they go, "ZOMG I NEEDZ NAO !" and chances are, that shiny and sparkly thing is on the tv adverts and is being trumpeted as being "Cool and everybody who's anybody has one !" It's completely insane.

I also believe that to stop societal decline and other of the "ills of society" that are much more rampant now than they were years ago, falls to the shoulders of parents of some of the young who will be running this society someday. I see it all the time here in America, kids being spoiled brats and not knowing what "No" means because their parents always said "Oh, my son/daughter did no wrong, you can't yell at him." And crap like that - it's lead the enforcers, such as the teachers, and such, to being "nicer" and people then think they can get away more.

And because it's somewhat relevant, and I agree with the point being made.... http://xkcd.com/603/

deko
Quote from amp88 :Yes, rugby has a degree of violence in it but it's a side product of the game. The point of rugby is to score more than the opposite side by kicking a ball through a set of goalposts or by putting it on the ground in a particular area. The point of boxing is to hit someone.

Don't you think that you're contradicting yourself a bit there? To say my opinion in your own words:

Yes, boxing has a degree of violence in it but it's a side product of the game. The point of boxing is to score more than the opponent by landing more successful hits then him in some particular areas. The point of boxing is to score more points then the opposition .[/QUOTE]

I think you've mistaken boxing for street fighting but I will agree that fighting in any form, may it be in a controlled environment for glory, fame, satisfaction and money or for a basic need such as food, is primitive. I do not agree however with banning it, I think leaving mother nature to run it's course up to the point that we can all agree that it's useless and primitive in these modern times is the best option.

Maybe in the distant future, due to the lack of interest in it or by request od the majority of the population, boxing will cease to exist.
Quote from JJ72 :What does this has to do with advertising?

Showing something on TV (even if it's not directly paid for by a company) is advertising. Showing an F1 race on TV is advertising for F1, showing a boxing match is advertising for boxing.

Quote from JJ72 :I don't think it is proper to relate the popularity of boxing to number of violent crimes, since there's not enough evidence to back up that blame?

I don't know if there's any evidence of a correlation (it would be very difficult or impossible to prove, I suspect), which is why I said it was my belief rather than a fact. I'm open to credible evidence for either side

Quote from JJ72 :Man likes to compete, it's human nature, some competition are more violent that's all, it's in our instinct to develop an ability to defend ourselves, and attack offenders, you can't take that animal instinct off people.

Why not focus the instinct into other sports or interests that aren't so violent and don't leave so many people injured or dead?

Quote from JJ72 :Civilization isn't about hiding human nature, but about finding a more sustainable way of expessing it, boxing is pretty civilized in my opinion, it's seperated in rounds and you can win without killing another people, so I don't think it's a problem at all.

Boxing is civilised because it's separated into rounds and you don't NEED to kill someone to win? Errr...right. You're putting 2 people into a ring and getting them to hit each other. Doesn't matter how you spin it, that's not civilised, IMO.

Quote from JJ72 :If society think boxing is wrong then it will be banned, however the fact that boxing still exist today as an olympic sport pretty much make a statement that boxing is accepted by the society, isn't it?

Medical professionals have been calling for a ban on boxing for a long time here's a story from 1998. At one time society thought it was acceptable to keep slaves, does that make it right? The fact boxing is an Olympic sport goes towards my advertising theory. There are probably a lot of people who never watch boxing apart from during the Olympics.

Quote from dekojester :I personally believe that advertising is so big because people are now too stupid to bother to look for stuff themselves, or even think for themselves, and when they see something shiny and sparkly, they go, "ZOMG I NEEDZ NAO !" and chances are, that shiny and sparkly thing is on the tv adverts and is being trumpeted as being "Cool and everybody who's anybody has one !" It's completely insane.

Yeah, just look at most Mac owners (j/k dustin ).

Quote from dekojester :I also believe that to stop societal decline and other of the "ills of society" that are much more rampant now than they were years ago, falls to the shoulders of parents of some of the young who will be running this society someday. I see it all the time here in America, kids being spoiled brats and not knowing what "No" means because their parents always said "Oh, my son/daughter did no wrong, you can't yell at him." And crap like that - it's lead the enforcers, such as the teachers, and such, to being "nicer" and people then think they can get away more.

I agree. There's not enough responsibility on the shoulders of the parents. They either don't care or think someone else is going to do their job.

edit:

Quote from BAMBO :Don't you think that you're contradicting yourself a bit there? To say my opinion in your own words:

Yes, boxing has a degree of violence in it but it's a side product of the game. The point of boxing is to score more than the opponent by landing more to successful hits then him in some particular areas. The point of boxing is to score more points then the opposition .

No, because the method for scoring points in rugby is to kick a ball through a set of posts or to run into an area and put the ball down. The method for scoring points in boxing is hitting someone.
#19 - JJ72
Quote from amp88 :Showing something on TV (even if it's not directly paid for by a company) is advertising. Showing an F1 race on TV is advertising for F1, showing a boxing match is advertising for boxing.

no it isn't, a programme is defined as advertising when one party pay money to a media to put forward a message. Seeing most media actually have to pay for broadcasting rights, it is not advertising.

Quote from amp88 :I don't know if there's any evidence of a correlation (it would be very difficult or impossible to prove, I suspect), which is why I said it was my belief rather than a fact. I'm open to credible evidence for either side

If that's the case, it doesn't make a strong argument to say less boxing will lead to less violent crimes.

Quote from amp88 :Why not focus the instinct into other sports or interests that aren't so violent and don't leave so many people injured or dead?

Because it is human nature? And I believe you cannot hide away from it, human has its sinister side and I don't believe we can ever overcome it.

Quote from amp88 :Boxing is civilised because it's separated into rounds and you don't NEED to kill someone to win? Errr...right. You're putting 2 people into a ring and getting them to hit each other. Doesn't matter how you spin it, that's not civilised, IMO.

I've accepted that's your opinion.

Quote from amp88 :Medical professionals have been calling for a ban on boxing for a long time here's a story from 1998. At one time society thought it was acceptable to keep slaves, does that make it right? The fact boxing is an Olympic sport goes towards my advertising theory. There are probably a lot of people who never watch boxing apart from during the Olympics.

Medical professionals does not represent most of the population.

Slavery is wrong now, because most people think it is immoral, however that is no absolute right or wrong in this universe, there're only man made values that shifts over time. It does not make it right or wrong, it was right and now it is wrong, it's just that.

If a lot of people won't follow boxing unless it's during the olympics, they are not pouring any capital and money into the sport really, how does it change the situation? The fact that olypmics includes boxing means it is a legitimate professional sport, and the boxing business is thriving means there are proven interest from the public.

Your advertising theory is flawed, since you incorrectly defined advertising at the first place. Showing something on TV does not naturally encourge people to agree with it (If that's the case the world wouldn't need advertisiers.) The TV does not have a magical ability to make you believe whatever it is presenting. Advertising has an huge impact on the world but it's effect isn't as straightforward as you will imagine.
Quote from amp88 :No, because the method for scoring points in rugby is to kick a ball through a set of posts or to run into an area and put the ball down. The method for scoring points in boxing is hitting someone.

I think you are, their is more to it then kicking a ball trough a set of posts or to run into an area and put the ball down, isn't it? You have to travel trough a field where you'll encounter the opposite team who's objective is the vice versa of yours. Going trough or blocking the opponents is quite often violent.
So up to a point, you could say that the method for scoring points in rugby is hitting someone.

Quote from JJ72 :Because it is human nature? And I believe you cannot hide away from it, human has its sinister side and I don't believe we can ever overcome it.

I don't agree with you on this one. In time, a human's way of thinking, of interacting, opinions, etc. can or simply will be changed. It has been proven to exist on many levels.
Quote from JJ72 :no it isn't, a programme is defined as advertising when one party pay money to a media to put forward a message. Seeing most media actually have to pay for broadcasting rights, it is not advertising.

Let's play the definition game again, eh?

Advertising:

advertise verb
1 to draw attention to or describe (goods for sale, services offered, etc) in newspapers, on TV, etc, to encourage people to buy or use them.
2 (usually advertise for something or someone) to ask for or seek it or them by putting a notice in a newspaper, shop window, etc.
3 to make something known publicly or generally.

Quote from JJ72 :If that's the case, it doesn't make a strong argument to say less boxing will lead to less violent crimes.

I didn't say it would...I said it was what I believed rather than fact.

Quote from JJ72 :Because it is human nature? And I believe you cannot hide away from it, human has its sinister side and I don't believe we can ever overcome it.

It's human nature to hunt, and kill for food, but that's a little bit different than putting people in a boxing ring and getting them to hit each other.

Quote from JJ72 :Medical professionals does not represent most of the population.

No, but most of the population don't understand or don't want to understand the risks in boxing. Boxing is definitely a niche sport so it's losing its appeal with the public already.

Quote from JJ72 :Slavery is wrong now, because most people think it is immoral, however that is no absolute right or wrong in this universe, there're only man made values that shifts over time. It does not make it right or wrong, it was right and now it is wrong, it's just that.

Slavery was never right and to pretend that's true is absolute bullshit. How could you think that keeping a segment of the population encamped solely for free (or severely underpaid) labour with poor working and living conditions and no rights is ever right. Society might have allowed it to happen but it most certainly was not right. If you are going to hold that opinion then I won't respect anything you say because you're delusional.

Quote from JJ72 :If a lot of people won't follow boxing unless it's during the olympics, they are not pouring any capital and money into the sport really, how does it change the situation? The fact that olypmics includes boxing means it is a legitimate professional sport, and the boxing business is thriving means there are proven interest from the public.

They are still seeing it so they can still be effected by it. Having it as a part of the Olympics and broadcasting it to millions/billions of potential viewers also legitimises it as a sport which I disagree with.

Your advertising theory is flawed, since you incorrectly defined advertising at the first place. Showing something on TV does not naturally encourge people to agree with it (If that's the case the world wouldn't need advertisiers.) The TV does not have a magical ability to make you believe whatever it is presenting. Advertising has an huge impact on the world but it's effect isn't as straightforward as you will imagine.

See first and last points.
Why ban boxing? It has been around for many, many years. Who cares if it's brutal, the boxers aren't moaning about it, so why are we?

If you think hurting each other is stupid, shall we also ban the army? As they kill people all the time!

When I did martial arts, I enjoyed it a lot, each time you get hit, adrenaline just builds up more, it's actually really enjoyable to do such sports. You may think differently as the only sports I really like are fighting sports, apart from that I only watch motorsport.

Khan wasn't the cock last night, Antony Small was. He was thinking he was Prince with all of the show boating he was doing lol. Even though he was being cocky, he still won the bout.

I'm deffently going to go see boxing again, as it's amazing, you don't know how good it is until you've been to see it. You can tell actually how hard they are hitting them, you can see the lot that you can't on TV, also tell when a punch has hurt them better then on TV.

I wont to go back into martial arts and do grappling for now on, maybe that makes me a moron as I want to fight, but I have a dream in it, and that is to become a champion in the sport, whether it's british champion, anything. Grappling is a lot easier to become a champion in, if you take the right route. My instructor knows what I want to become and he is trying to get my down training quickly lol.
Downloading the fight now lol, we was right behind Khan's corner, and at one point, the camera's were pointing at us lol.
Quote from sam93 :Why ban boxing? It has been around for many, many years. Who cares if it's brutal, the boxers aren't moaning about it, so why are we?

Read the rest of the thread.

Quote from sam93 :If you think hurting each other is stupid, shall we also ban the army? As they kill people all the time!

There's a large difference between a country's army and professional boxing.
#25 - halo
IMO, boxing should not be counted as a sport beside with hunting.
Violence is in human's soul maybe but no need to encourage this with ads etc. Ppl said that aim of the boxing is make points by punching specific areas,
so its true but not complete. K.O. count is matters. K.O could ended up with deaths, but for a boxing fan this is also a side effect.

Tv/media; it is most effective tool of today; its tranquilizer, deceitful, guiding, some times fun but most of the time its biased toward the power sources. Today, media has became a useful tool that using for changing attitudes of the community. It can use anything suitable for the benefits of the forces behind the curtain. Morality, being bad example etc. are none of their business.

Boxing and other so called similar lethal sports are nothing but a bloody scene of human instinct.
If you want a fight than fight with this instinct that draws the humanity to its darkest age.

Amir Khan.
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG